Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

@DealerInsider , we keep this up, you too can be over 100 pages!
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

it looks like you're catching on to how this forum works. Sorry (not really) that means known dealers start at a disadvantage until they prove themselves otherwise. But can you blame the customer for wanting to educate themselves then spewing vitriol at you after dealers have absolutely take advantage of us for decades? Even though you may not have, dealers have earned it!
Since 90% plus of dealers are less than honest, a decades long fact, all dealers start off at a disadvantage, until they can prove they are in fact providing valid factual information and under MSRP pricing offers worthy of the forum members consideration.
I’m sure you gathered I am a dealer and I have an early reservation myself. I will pay MSRP to get a 2021 knowing I could save a few grand and wait until 2022.
Who believes a dealer is credible when they state as fact they are paying MSRP for a vehicle? When a dealer tells you he is paying MSRP, it tells you multiple things.

Dealers and Salespeople get employee pricing from either the dealership of the Ford D-Plan Program.
D-Plan Privileges Program (see attachment)

Dealerships that achieve a Voice of Customer target will be eligible for D-Plan.

An eligible Ford or Lincoln dealership employee may generate up to 2 (two) PINs per calendar year
You can see since this dealer does not qualify for the Ford Dealer D-Plan program it is because the dealership has failed to live up to the standards Ford sets for their dealers through the "Voice of Customer target". Further, this affects the dealers monthly holdback, cutting it from 3% to 2%.

Because of this lost holdback revenue to the dealership it is understandable why the dealership owner cannot afford to extend discounts to their dealership salespeople. In the end, the dealership employees have to pay MSRP (that is, if you believe their story).

Attachments

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since 90% plus of dealers are less than honest, a decades long fact, all dealers start off guilty, until they can prove they are in fact providing valid factual information and under MSRP pricing offers worthy of the forum members consideration.

Who believes a dealer is credible when they state as fact they are paying MSRP for a vehicle? When a dealer tells you he is paying MSRP, it tells you multiple things.

Dealers and Salespeople get employee pricing from either the dealership of the Ford D-Plan Program.

You can see since this dealer does not qualify for the Ford Dealer D-Plan program it is because the dealership has failed to live up to the standards Ford sets for their dealers through the "Voice of Customer target". Further, this affects the dealers monthly holdback, cutting it from 3% to 2%.

Because of this lost holdback revenue to the dealership it is understandable why the dealership owner cannot afford to extend discounts to their dealership salespeople. In the end, the dealership employees have to pay MSRP (that is, if you believe their story).
I thought we all understood he was lying when he said he was a long time dealer and was going to pay MSRP (that’s absurd)....if so he could just switch to Chapman himself. I’m apparently meeting him for brunch, so I’ll let you all know...

Kevinf0wler

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base

kfralin

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Ford Explorer,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since 90% plus of dealers are less than honest, a decades long fact, all dealers start off guilty, until they can prove they are in fact providing valid factual information and under MSRP pricing offers worthy of the forum members consideration.

You are wrong on multiple fronts. D-plan is not available on the Bronco (at this point). If you read the post, I said I would pay MSRP to get a 2021MY but I also stated that would possibly cancel my order or change to 2022MY to allow a retail customer to order a 2021. I’m not sure the source of your 90% of dealers are “less than honest”.

Sponsored

kfralin

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Ford Explorer,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I thought we all understood he was lying when he said he was a long time dealer and was going to pay MSRP (that’s absurd)....if so he could just switch to Chapman himself. I’m apparently meeting him for brunch, so I’ll let you all know...
I am having second thoughts on our brunch date as you continue to throw unwarranted insults in my direction apparently based on my chosen profession. I could have been a lawyer or a politician, would that improve my credibility. There is no D-Plan pricing being offered on the Bronco at this time. I WILL pay MSRP if I covert my order for 2021MY. Tell me please how that is absurd? If we go on a date, I must insist you pick up the tab due to this shade throwing of yours. Agreed?

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I said I would pay MSRP to get a 2021MY but I also stated that would possibly cancel my order or change to 2022MY to allow a retail customer to order a 2021.
As expected and previous discussed, here is further proof that a number of dealers and dealership salespeople have reservations with no intent of purchasing. They will order as the dealership or dealerships best customers wish it to be speced (loaded). They will then refuse delivery and the dealership will put a nice $5K or $10K ADM on it and sell it. For their effort, the salesperson will get a nice bonus from the dealership.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the clarification. I would be curious how many actual allocations the 2 smaller dealers offering the amazing prices are expecting. I think a few people may be in for a surprise when they can’t get a 2021 for “the deal”. I would expect that 2022 production will be back to normal and 1K below invoice won’t seem like such a deal. Your thoughts?
I'm thinking the allocation formula result is more of a percentage of total conversions/other vs a set number of units.
Therefore a dealer that increases their orders 300% over their initial allocation could see a corresponding increase in their final allocation, not just the 'couple' of units you mentioned elsewhere.
Ford has a total number of 2021 units in mind. If the reservations move, the allocations will follow.

As for 2022...... Those will still be reserved units. It will relatively difficult for one to walk in off the street and buy a Bronco off the lot. Availability will be limited, demand will be higher than ever, and pricing will reflect that. I wouldn't expect discounts 'off the lot' until demand slows and supply increases..... that could be 2023.

It'll be interesting how all this plays out.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am having second thoughts on our brunch date as you continue to through unwarranted insults in my direction apparently based on my chosen profession. I could have been a lawyer or a politician, would that improve my credibility. There is no D-Plan pricing being offered on the Bronco at this time. I WILL pay MSRP if I covert my order for 2021MY. Tell me please how that is absurd? If we go on a date, I must insist you pick up the tab due to this shade throwing of yours. Agreed?
If you notice...I didn’t attack your profession...that came from others. I just opined that there was no way a 30 year dealer was paying MSRP for a production vehicle. That I believe to be a lie. If your dealer treats you that poorly, DM me and I’ll hook you up with a new buddy who has a dealership near Philly who will give you a MUCH better deal...and I’d also look for a new employer if i were you. Maybe he has an opening...I can ask.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm thinking the allocation formula result is more of a percentage of total conversions/other vs a set number of units.
Therefore a dealer that increases their orders 300% over their initial allocation could see a corresponding increase in their final allocation, not just the 'couple' of units you mentioned elsewhere.
Ford has a total number of 2021 units in mind. If the reservations move, the allocations will follow.

As for 2022...... Those will still be reserved units. It will relatively difficult for one to walk in off the street and buy a Bronco off the lot. Availability will be limited, demand will be higher than ever, and pricing will reflect that. I wouldn't expect discounts 'off the lot' until demand slows and supply increases..... that could be 2023.

It'll be interesting how all this plays out.
Please do not reply to allocation issues on this thread, there are dozens of threads better suited for it, such as this thread started by @DealerInsider

Official info: Here’s Your Chances of 2021 vs 2022 Bronco Based on Reservation Timestamp and Dealer Allocation

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model