Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone talked to Ashley? I figure she's getting slammed. She did say previously though that they would send out an email. Nothing here yet.
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing here either. I did send her an email though.

DrewMackin

Heritage
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tesla Model 3, 23 Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Has anyone talked to Ashley? I figure she's getting slammed. She did say previously though that they would send out an email. Nothing here yet.
I haven't heard anything but did forward her my build preemptively. Last year, I know it took them a few days to respond to my build email after the order banks opened.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
a few days ago, she told me they'd reach out to gather driver's licenses for covp

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got an e-mail from one of the Bronco team members a few hours ago. He sent me a copy of the order guide and price list, and asked me what changes I'd like to make. No mention of the COVP but I did ask.

I still want a 2 door BaseSquatch with V6 but am considering the 2.3 4cyl..... wonder if that will speed up production? I'm a Aug '20 res, was #137 in the Feb list.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got an e-mail from one of the Bronco team members a few hours ago. He sent me a copy of the order guide and price list, and asked me what changes I'd like to make. No mention of the COVP but I did ask.
Good to hear. Probably starting at the top and working down the list.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I still want a 2 door BaseSquatch with V6 but am considering the 2.3 4cyl..... wonder if that will speed up production? I'm a Aug '20 res, was #137 in the Feb list.

At one time I thought that it would. I am a 2DR Basesquatch V-6 Aug 20202 res as well. Thought about the 2.3 switch, but then would see someone post a walk in V-6 build week and then think, I'm not changing.

Nothing wrong with the 2.3 I have the same motor in my 22 Timberline Explorer and it will put you in the seat. But I also know what the 2.7 is capable of. Would like a Godzilla swap but that looks to be aways off. Hell we can't even get the info on what should be simple rack swap to be programmed let along a V-8 swap. The Australian Raptor Ranger V-8 swap took 18 months to program. :(

I'll stick with the 2.7. šŸ˜

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would think any changes would drop your price protection.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At one time I thought that it would. I am a 2DR Basesquatch V-6 Aug 20202 res as well. Thought about the 2.3 switch, but then would see someone post a walk in V-6 build week and then think, I'm not changing.

Nothing wrong with the 2.3 I have the same motor in my 22 Timberline Explorer and it will put you in the seat. But I also know what the 2.7 is capable of. Would like a Godzilla swap but that looks to be aways off. Hell we can't even get the info on what should be simple rack swap to be programmed let along a V-8 swap. The Australian Raptor Ranger V-8 swap took 18 months to program. :(

I'll stick with the 2.7. šŸ˜
I would think any changes would drop your price protection.
Yeah, I like horsepower! When I rebuilt the 4.0 in my XJ Cherokee I added a stroker crank to make it a 4.6. šŸ˜‹. For the Bronco, the few extra mpg of the 4 cyl over the V6 is the present appeal, especially for longer trips as it'll be my primary driver. And if it meant getting a 2023 Bronco vs a 2024 I'd do it, but who knows wth Ford is going to do for current orders. At this point, I may be borderline as to whether I even get a 2023. But I still have the V6 on the update I sent in yesterday.

PP is a big deal on my BaseSquatch since it's near a $3k difference since I first ordered in Jan 2021.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I like horsepower! When I rebuilt the 4.0 in my XJ Cherokee I added a stroker crank to make it a 4.6. šŸ˜‹. For the Bronco, the few extra mpg of the 4 cyl over the V6 is the present appeal, especially for longer trips as it'll be my primary driver. And if it meant getting a 2023 Bronco vs a 2024 I'd do it, but who knows wth Ford is going to do for current orders. At this point, I may be borderline as to whether I even get a 2023. But I still have the V6 on the update I sent in yesterday.

PP is a big deal on my BaseSquatch since it's near a $3k difference since I first ordered in Jan 2021.
PP is a big deal indeed. I asked Ashlie yesterday if I could add the metal bumper and keypad to my order only if PP was retained. Adding the options is not worth it if I lose the PP.

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

PP is a big deal indeed. I asked Ashlie yesterday if I could add the metal bumper and keypad to my order only if PP was retained. Adding the options is not worth it if I lose the PP.
You should be good. See the newest FAQs. I added aux switches for this year, it won't affect pp.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

1663941402322.png

[/QUOTE]
The 2023 FAQ on price protection:
https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...onco-order-holder-frequently-asked-questions/

It's still not clear..... it says the 'price protection amount may vary' if changes are made.
They don't elaborate on 'may'. Does it or doesn't it???
It sounds like an engine change is acceptable. Dropping Sasquatch (on the Base) is not since it changes the 4x4 system.

1663941402322.png
Itā€™s an ā€œit dependsā€œ answer as there are different levels of price protection. Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve tracked from others here, and the Ford FAQs, on price protection. If you converted a reservation to an order prior to March 19, 2021 you canā€˜t change body series (Base to Badlands) or go from a 2-door to a 4-door. However, everything else is open to edits. If your first order was after that the restrictions are expanded and you cannot change the 4wd system or equipment package.

The Ford FAQs are slightly confusing, but a must read, and I think they will be updating them with 2023 info soon. There are several posts on this topic and RagnarKon has posted a lot about it Here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...otection-flowchart.46571/page-17#post-1593308

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1663941402322.png

Itā€™s an ā€œit dependsā€œ answer as there are different levels of price protection. Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve tracked from others here, and the Ford FAQs, on price protection. If you converted a reservation to an order prior to March 19, 2021 you canā€˜t change body series (Base to Badlands) or go from a 2-door to a 4-door. However, everything else is open to edits. If your first order was after that the restrictions are expanded and you cannot change the 4wd system or equipment package.

The Ford FAQs are slightly confusing, but a must read, and I think they will be updating them with 2023 info soon. There are several posts on this topic and RagnarKon has posted a lot about it Here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...otection-flowchart.46571/page-17#post-1593308
These are the updated '23 FAQs. They are more confusing than last years.

No matter how many times I read it, there is no clear answer on changing things. The way it is written will help shady dealers screw people over.

Last edited:

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These are the updated '23 FAQs. They are more confusing than last years.

No matter how many times I read it, there is no clear answer on changing things. The way it is written will help shady dealers screw people over.
Agreed, their FAQs are clear as mud but it seems the key is the date of order. Based on the following, Iā€˜m reading this to mean you have price protection for an equivalent series and door configuration for orders prior to March 11, 2022. However if you made changes to your order after that date, say you updated your order trying for a 2022, you are stuck with with those changes and cannot change it again without losing price protection. If you did not change it, you should be allowed to update everything outside of series and door configuration. If this is wrong, Iā€™m gonna be one pissed off customer.

Ford Bronco Chapman Of Horsham with @dealerinsider 7C230B56-97EA-4300-BD0A-88BF9A4E04DA
Sponsored