Maxemus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The more $$$$ you spend the more cheap crap you get!!! I like the so called upgraded SAS shocks with the reservoirs that rust and fall off. They claim wear and tear.
Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

^ Exactly this!
I don't understand how this is supposed to justify trim falling off? So what you're saying is. This is this is expected on a FORD LOL.

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't understand how this is supposed to justify trim falling off? So what you're saying is. This is this is expected on a FORD LOL.
I'm not justifing trim falling off, but it's just not a 70k (build quality) vehicle, sorry. It's a 35k standard utility vehicle.

That's how it was designed, and that's how it's manufactured. Just because people choose to add 35k of cool badges, plastic (sorry, MGV) seats, and extra electronics, doesn't mean the basic build quality or components change.

It's the same people, same basic parts, and same quality of assembly for all... they don't change any basic parts or give it any special attention because you choose to add overpriced options.

Don't get me wrong, as far as domestic manufacturers go, I think Fords your best bet... every Mopar I've ever owned has been a fucking nightmare, the Chevys have been ok.

My '21 base with squatch was 37k out the door, I feel I got what I paid for.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜88 911,ā€˜15 Chevy 2500, ā€˜24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Recently the glovebox was not closing so I applied more force and snapped the plastic gear for the soft opening mechanism.
Ford Bronco Cheap interior, build quality for $70k 1710764445995-uh

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Recently the glovebox was not closing so I applied more force and snapped the plastic gear for the soft opening mechanism.
Percussive maintenance.

Sponsored

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agreed. If the Bronco was built up to the standards of a true $70k vehicle, I probably would not own one, given my base cost under $30k. Bronco is a heck of a vehicle if bought at the right prices for the right reasons.

Also apparently I'm a "cheap date", because the driver seat lever broke off the day I picked up my Bronco, and 7 months later I'm still driving around with this in place of the lever:

Same thing happened to me. Went to adjust and it literally came off in my hand with no pressure exerted. Had it fixed under warranty and it seems fine now. Since July. But this is a great example of a place where some metal levers would have been ideal. Especially since I slide past this thing every time I get out of my drivers seat.

Phil bronc

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Union made .Put in your hours and and that's it's . Everything is made cheap these days and pay more.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Almost had my base for 2 years. Nothing has fallen off. Zero issues or complaints other than Android play. But it's a Pos app anyway. Hasn't been to dealer for any reason.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go look at the build quality of that $400k Lambo crossover thing then come back and complain about a $20 piece of trim.

Bronco_MI

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco, 2016 Ram, 1991 Sierra, 1969 Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Look at it like this - it could be worse. I actually worked in quality control for 12 years at the plant that manufactures these vehicles, so I know all the build quality issues. Imagine arriving at the dealer and eyeballing every fit and finish on every panel. I have a woopdie-doop in the hood next to the driver side trail site that I see every time I get in the truck - probably from the stamping, but it may be from someone making a fit adjustment in final assembly. I see things that most of you would never even consider and it drives crazy. Imagine instinctively evaluating the fit and finish on every single vehicle that you look at closely. Go to an antique car show if you really want some belly laughs.

This is a utility vehicle, so I try not to look to closely. It's going to get banged up on the trail. I tell myself that I'm primarily paying for a drivetrain package that allows me to go offroad with a BIW that is pleasing to my eyes. I'll do what I can to protect it and maintain it for years to come, but I also plan to use it as it was intended.

Sponsored

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Union made .Put in your hours and and that's it's . Everything is made cheap these days and pay more.
My 23 Sequoia TRD Pro made in Texas was a rattling box. Similar stories of random parts falling off too. So happy to dump that overpriced turkey. It's not like they are cheap anymore either. Should have been a $60K vehicle at most.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Look at it like this - it could be worse. I actually worked in quality control for 12 years at the plant that manufactures these vehicles, so I know all the build quality issues. Imagine arriving at the dealer and eyeballing every fit and finish on every panel. I have a woopdie-doop in the hood next to the driver side trail site that I see every time I get in the truck - probably from the stamping, but it may be from someone making a fit adjustment in final assembly. I see things that most of you would never even consider and it drives crazy. Imagine instinctively evaluating the fit and finish on every single vehicle that you look at closely. Go to an antique car show if you really want some belly laughs.

This is a utility vehicle, so I try not to look to closely. It's going to get banged up on the trail. I tell myself that I'm primarily paying for a drivetrain package that allows me to go offroad with a BIW that is pleasing to my eyes. I'll do what I can to protect it and maintain it for years to come, but I also plan to use it as it was intended.
Ours has a ding in the hood in about the same place lol. The paint is perfect so I assume it was during stamping or at least pre-paint.

But I think you are confusing utility with disposable.

Utilitarian is usually basic, tough and durable. Like the original Bronco interior in its prime. Or OTR trucks or construction equipment or farm equipment, no big fuss how it looks as long as it works forever. Disposable is who cares, its going to get abused so it won't last long anyway... like a 30 year old XJ trail rig.

I have been driving Fords for over 20 years, nothing fancy. I had my last dd for 17 years and I have yet to find a vent laying on the floor of one of them for no reason. That said... I have not been overly impressed with the interior build quality of our Bronco. It tries to look utilitarian... but really isn't.

But it is her car, she is happy with it so I am happy. Its not a bad car don't get me wrong... but they left A LOT of room for improvement. I very much prefer the interior in my F-150... and really even my Ranger.

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The interior quality of the HE-MAN has met all my expectations including Comfort, but cost of vehicles now is hard to comprehend. My ā€˜88 Ranger SuperCab XLT 4x4 w/M5, electronic locking hubs, and 5/50 Air had cloth interior at $12,500 MSRPā€¦ it was $1k less than a F-150 Short Bed 4x4 Manual w/vinyl interiorā€¦
Sponsored

Last edited: