Sponsored

Ford Quality Control?!?

Deleted member 32220

Good deal. I checked the doors, rockers front fenders and hood. I didn’t check the rear.
The rockers definitely aren’t aluminum. They are part of the body.
Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on the dealer how good of pdi you get some do nothing more than a wash others are very thorough. But if you think Mercedes or Landrovers are delivered perfect before the dealer goes through them you're not living in reality. The final qc check for any brand is the dealer not the factory. I would say the op's Bronco was built Friday afternoon or Monday morning. My dealer spent close to full day doing a pdi on mine but they also rely heavily on repeat business versus bigger dealers where one and done is the norm.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m a lifelong Ford customer. I’ve bought or leased, at least two dozen Fords. They’ve had to buy back three of them due to quality issues. Still, I like Fords more than any other brand. There’s no reason on earth that Ford can’t make the best vehicles in the world. I don’t blame the dealers or the men and women, who put them together. Ford’s quality woes rest squarely with management and the bean counters. The Ford family should be all over these guys to shape up or ship out.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m a lifelong Ford customer. I’ve bought or leased, at least two dozen Fords. They’ve had to buy back three of them due to quality issues. Still, I like Fords more than any other brand. There’s no reason on earth that Ford can’t make the best vehicles in the world. I don’t blame the dealers or the men and women, who put them together. Ford’s quality woes rest squarely with management and the bean counters. The Ford family should be all over these guys to shape up or ship out.
I thought your out at three strikes?

Customer loyalty is vastly overrated.

One reason Ford was not motivated to improve quality, customers, like you, proved you would buy, regardless of poor quality.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One reason Ford was not motivated to improve quality, customers, like you, proved you would buy, regardless of poor quality.
I’m probably a fool for being a Ford loyalist, but I have no regrets. I’ve been a sucker ever since I laid eyes on the first Ford Mustang at the ‘64 World’s Fair. I’ve owned a couple Japanese and European imports as well. I just keep getting sucked back into the Ford fold. Oh well, life is good.

Sponsored

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fair enough, I can't say for a fact that MAP is having those issues. I can only presume, based on what I'm seeing myself and what I hear from the other businesses I interact with.

My point was just that humans make mistakes sometimes, and appear to be making more than usual the last 2 years.
Most of the quality issues are related to parts. The parts manufacturers are still struggling due to labor and supply chain issues. The guys here playing it all down don’t work in manufacturing and are clueless.

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Perspective goes a long way: Ford launched multiple new models at the same time a global pandemic hit the world and shut the supply chain down.

If you believe your rhetoric, why on earth did you buy a Ford?

OP
OP

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After few days of ownership, I have found few more flaws. One of them is that the leather steering wheel is not stitched properly together. There are several areas where one side of the leather overlaps the other side and the leather part just sticks out. One of the spots is in a high touch area. It is just a question of time that it starts to peel off. This is another thing I have never seen with another vehicle.

It is not a coincident that they have just fired one the plant executives and hiring a "quality czar" to clean up some of the quality mess.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ford-hires-new-executive-quality-czar-josh-halliburton.49076/

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Methinks you doth protest too much.

It's mass-produced in a post-covid UAW plant, looks good to me.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Theres nothing quality anymore. Only when you buy a one off from a car fabricator will you have quality. Mass produced anything is crap. Customer service for 95% of businesses is non existant. Complain? Lol,good luck,managers could care less. Keeps getting worse. Mom and pop stores were only place to get good service and they were driven out by garbage box stores. Note I said most places. Im sure there are some left but mostly the customer doesnt matter anymore. Sad but true. I have found numerous quality control issues with my bronco. I wont bring it back forfear of them doing more damage. I will fix what I can myself before going back.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Perspective goes a long way: Ford launched multiple new models at the same time a global pandemic hit the world and shut the supply chain down.

If you believe your rhetoric, why on earth did you buy a Ford?
What makes you think I own a Ford?

Haven't owned one for over 20 years, when and if the Bronco quality gets better, I'll buy one. not before.

You may now continue making assumptions...

Last edited:
OP
OP

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Add this to the list: Front passenger side hardtop shows already the snake skin shape........And no, you can't buff it away.

Ford Bronco Ford Quality Control?!? IMG_0706

Ford Bronco Ford Quality Control?!? IMG_0707

Ford Bronco Ford Quality Control?!? IMG_0708
Sponsored