Sponsored

Ford Quality- How does stuff like this get past Quality Control?

Tom_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 FJ40, 2011 X5D, 2019 Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow how long did it take to get that resolved? Did the service department tell you they couldn't find anything wrong? 😂
It's not my Bronco. A friend of mine, his sister works at a Ford dealer, she sent it to me. I never asked about a resolution. I do know it was the second Bronco the dealer received, the first being their mannequin with a cracked windshield.

Ford Bronco Ford Quality- How does stuff like this get past Quality Control? 1681910708793

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The dealer can help. He takes a pic of the misbuild and sends it to ford and they order the correct parts and fix it. If it was on your window sticker, it can be rectified. I just had my skid plates and windshield replaced for just that reason.
My dealer (who I trust because my dad managed the dealership for decades until he retired a few years back) submitted as a misbuild claim but was told by Ford that it’s actually not a misbuild because all future base broncos optioned with the mod bumper will be getting a plastic skid. So, Ford will “be in touch with affected bronco owners to resolve the issue.”

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dealer - Lets take a walk around your vehicle and inspect it for any abnormalities, see anything odd?

Customer - looks good!

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
How did the dealer not notice this during their prep and inspection? How did you not notice it for 2 weeks? I noticed a minor door misalignment the 1st day, fortunately the dealer's body shop fixed it while I waited. The Bronco has build issues that needs to get resolved, that said the issues have been minor and easily remedied, and after 1 year of hard daily city use and a 3000 mile mountain road trip, I have not had a single issue aside from the door alignment. After one year of daily driving I still look forward to getting into the Bronco every morning, wouldn't trade it for anything else at any price. Your fender issue is very minor, they clip on and can be removed in about 20 seconds. For all we know it got damaged in shipment and the dealer replaced it with the wrong one. Crazy crap happens at dealers. One time I bought a new Dodge truck and when I got home I noticed it didn't have the optional wheels that were on sticker and that I paid for. When I asked the dealer, they admitted to swapping the wheels with another truck, claiming honest mistake. Yeah right!!!

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It wouldn't surprise me if someone (not necessarily someone working at the dealership) was 'playing' with the easily swappable parts between SAS and non-SAS - to see if it could be done - and just left it in this condition. So, it may not have even happened at the Factory.

It's been a concern of mine - seeing as how popular SAS Fender Flares are and how easily they are removed - that someone unscrupulously might swap mine for theirs out in a parking lot.

Think about it...
You've got a badly scratched flare and happen to park next to another with a perfectly good one. No one is around, it only takes a couple seconds to pull it - some would be very tempted to make their Bronco 'whole' again at another's cost.

Mind you, I don't f**k with anybody's car, but I've been to many a car show where people feel free to paw all over your finely polished keepsake. There's people out there who wouldn't hesitate if offered the opportunity, and it's not a stretch that there's others that would go out looking for your Bronco to pull off your Fender Flares (and other easily removable parts).

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Question, why are you changing transmission fluid at 1500 miles? Transmissions don't need a 'break in' change.

wileyrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Flex, '12 Shelby GT500, '04 Focus SVT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
LOL, that is bad! But wait, it was two weeks of ownership, before you noticed it?! LOL, it was even on the drivers side. Now imagine these Bronco's going by at 60-80 / hour and expecting someone to notice that larger fender flare!

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did it make it past you for two weeks. When I buy a new car I practically sleep with it like a new baby taking in every little nuance. Not saying I would have noticed it either but if it took me two weeks I would probably keep it between me and my service writer.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not my Bronco. A friend of mine, his sister works at a Ford dealer, she sent it to me. I never asked about a resolution. I do know it was the second Bronco the dealer received, the first being their mannequin with a cracked windshield.

1681910708793.png
That cracked windshield is a rock strike obviously. Broncos (and Jeeps) are vulnerable to this because of their vertical windshield. The best way to avoid this is leave plenty of following distance especially on gravel roads.

Sponsored

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you gotten this resolved, I have the same thing on my '22 BL.
Yes. FoMoCo approved my warranty claim, and the Bronco was repainted.

PJRob

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's an easy swap. I'm hoping that all I need to do is send pics to my selling dealer.
My service department is handing the same issue with an existing customer. They made it seem like it was no problem at all to get the correct flares put back on the vehicle.

malpais

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some old Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My father purchased a brand new 1986 Mustang GT that was full of these same issues. The body was put together incorrectly, causing the door to slam against the frame and damage the jamb. Other parts did not not match the paint color, and the paint was full of debris. There were hairs and bugs in the clear coat. Ford had changed the primer mixture this year as well and within two years the car had no paint.

He then factory ordered a new 1992 Mustang LX that came with a huge dent in the trunk which had been painted over by the factory. It was also missing many options, and had poor body panel fitment. He refused delivery of this one.

Later I owned Mercury Capri that had a different colored door and pop-up lights that never worked.

After this a 2003 Jaguar X-type which had a whole host of drivetrain and ECU problems.

Needless to say I've had QC issues with Ford for the better part of 35 years, and a little disappointed to see what's in this thread. It does seem that many things have been fixed under warranty, so at least there have been resolutions. Whenever mine gets built I'll have to take an extra careful look over it.

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is 2023. We shouldn’t have to hope and pray for our vehicles to come the way we expect them. I could train a neural net with a camera to catch exterior inconsistencies like this. Toyota seems to have it pretty dialed relative to US brands. They really need to get it together for the premiums they are asking. 2023 Colorado ZR2 has a nicer interior, similar capabilities (for a truck) and costs less than a fully loaded badlands or wildtrak. Does not seem like QC being too expensive is a valid excuse.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How does stuff like that happen? How does that get past Quality Control?
They are human. It took you two weeks to notice it, and they probably did not spend more than a few hours with it.
Sponsored