Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Bronco arrived finally after 2 years waiting. I have some back and forth regarding my financing, so I can't take delivery until tomorrow. I just went out to look at it and it was pretty disappointing. Some journalists praised the Outerbanks as "mini G-Wagon" or "alternative to Defender". Are they serious? The Quality of this truck is below any other vehicle I have ever owned. Ford Quality control must be either sleeping all day or they are not existing.

-First thing I noticed was that one of the door trims was completely out of place, I had to adjust and push it in place.
-The trim above the front bumper is not aligned with the rest of the body. I thought that is only with mine but I went around and all the Broncos on the lot had this misalignment. Some more, some less.
- On the same trim, there is scratch about 1.5 inch long (see picture).
- The hard top is a joke. Look at the pictures and look how it looks from inside. I don't know what they were smoking as they decided to build it the way they did. I know they had to come up with a quick solution to clean the mess from the first generation but what the heck is that?? Have the decency to paint it or cover it with something.
-What is this welding thing on the paint?
- In the interior portion there were all sort of scratches and dirt, didn't have the desire to look deeper since it was not detailed yet. Might be different after detailing.

The truck was not detailed yet and I am sure after detailing I will find more stuff once I take the time to look more in detail.

This is not the 20K dollar Maverick. This is a Bronco which has almost the same price as the Mercedes GLE. I guess it is the way it is and I hope @Ford Motor Company listens and will do something about it. Expect more from a truck which costs over 55k dollars.

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I mean... I hate to say it, but if I'm being honest, these issues are about on-par for vast majority of mass-manufactured vehicles.

The biggest issue is probably the interior of the hard top. I do think the interior finish on the Wrangler hard top is better than the Bronco, but it definitely isn't overwhelmingly better.
I have bought over dozen brand new cars from 18k-70k, never ever any issues. These are few too many, especially because it is a 55k vehicle.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hmmmm, overall, I’ve been pretty happy with the quality of my Black Diamond. Of course, I wasn’t really expecting much more out of an off road vehicle.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So if you are comparing a Ford to a Land Rover of G Wagon maybe you should have bought one of those? This competes with Jeep, so I compare to Jeep. My OBX soft top no complaint other than a chip that was touched up on the door edge. 2200 miles no squeaks rattles. All good here. Drive, suspension, engine trans tuning on point.

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Bronco arrived finally after 2 years waiting. I have some back and forth regarding my financing, so I can't take delivery until tomorrow. I just went out to look at it and it was pretty disappointing. Some journalists praised the Outerbanks as "mini G-Wagon" or "alternative to Defender". Are they serious? The Quality of this truck is below any other vehicle I have ever owned. Ford Quality control must be either sleeping all day or they are not existing.

-First thing I noticed was that one of the door trims was completely out of place, I had to adjust and push it in place.
-The trim above the front bumper is not aligned with the rest of the body. I thought that is only with mine but I went around and all the Broncos on the lot had this misalignment. Some more, some less.
- On the same trim, there is scratch about 1.5 inch long (see picture).
- The hard top is a joke. Look at the pictures and look how it looks from inside. I don't know what they were smoking as they decided to build it the way they did. I know they had to come up with a quick solution to clean the mess from the first generation but what the heck is that?? Have the decency to paint it or cover it with something.
-What is this welding thing on the paint?
- In the interior portion there were all sort of scratches and dirt, didn't have the desire to look deeper since it was not detailed yet. Might be different after detailing.

The truck was not detailed yet and I am sure after detailing I will find more stuff once I take the time to look more in detail.

This is not the 20K dollar Maverick. This is a Bronco which has almost the same price as the Mercedes GLE. I guess it is the way it is and I hope @Ford Motor Company listens and will do something about it. Expect more from a truck which costs over 55k dollars.

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

Congratulations on your new Bronco. So sorry to read you are disenthused with it.

You may want to print and take this with you...Owners Checklist for Delivery (OCD).

OCD Link: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cd-version-for-expectant-bronco-owners.29870/

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if you are comparing a Ford to a Land Rover of G Wagon maybe you should have bought one of those? This competes with Jeep, so I compare to Jeep. My OBX soft top no complaint other than a chip that was touched up on the door edge. 2200 miles no squeaks rattles. All good here. Drive, suspension, engine trans tuning on point.
Porsche Cayman… Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon… Land Rover Defender… Ford Bronco.

One of these things is not like the other.

Deleted member 32220

The bad news is we are the early adopters/ beta testers. The mid cycle refresh will likely address all of these issues, and I don’t know your build date but line speed obviously is running at capacity and QC suffers. Ford is behind the 8-ball on the whole bronco ordeal. Drive and trade it on a ‘25 those will be straightened out. Fwiw I did not see any of those issues on my black diamond and I opted to not get the headliner, I wanted to see what they were trying to hide by giving it away free. Nothing is free in this world. Anyways I was pleasantly surprised it has a fairly uniform finish on the inside.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Quality is job….

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fit n finish isn't the same as my honda, but i enjoy it so much more. The bronco is smiles ahead in the fun department. I look forward to driving now.
Drive it. If you don't want it afterwards, don't accept it. That's still your decision. Fit n finish is on par with most recent built domestics.

Drive it, then make up your mind

OP
OP

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fit n finish isn't the same as my honda, but i enjoy it so much more. The bronco is smiles ahead in the fun department. I look forward to driving now.
Drive it. If you don't want it afterwards, don't accept it. That's still your decision. Fit n finish is on par with most recent built domestics.

Drive it, then make up your mind
This is exactly what I am planning to do, worse case scenario I will sell it with a small profit.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have anything ill fitting on mine. Luck of the draw I guess.
Porsche Cayman… Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon… Land Rover Defender… Ford Bronco.

One of these things is not like the other.
There's only one on that list that ever turned my head too.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While that sucks, it's amazing how many get delivered "perfect" and on the other hand there's been several here that folks have posted like yours. Some that weren't even completely painted, or panels had different colors, or mismatched interior. I went to the dealer expecting the worst, and spent quite a while going over every inch inside and out and underneath, and fortunately didn't find a thing. Make them document everything you find and take care of it.
Sponsored