Sponsored

Ford Quality- How does stuff like this get past Quality Control?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ask about the rest of the squatch.....?
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Plenty of Wrangler owners took delivery to find they had mismatched fenders, too.

You know how all the major body panels have a sticker with the VIN? All the passenger-side ones on my Flex are wrong. They match each other, but not the vehicle itself. Same assembly date as mine so it was a factory error, not major

collision repair.

image_search_1681921306240.jpg

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Production/supplier issue mislabeled picked and installed.

rfiorillo

Badlands
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took delivery of my '23 Big Bend 2-door MT at the dealer 2 weeks ago. I've put 1400 miles on it over the last 2 weeks, and hadn't noticed any issues until changing fluids on the MT today (BG Synco Shift II).

As I sat on my garage stool, I noticed that my fender flares didn't match. As it turns out, I have 3 normal flares for a BB, and 1 for a Squatch.

How does stuff like that happen? How does that get past Quality Control?

I'll be reaching out to the selling dealer tomorrow to see if we can get it resolved. At least it is an EASY swap.... :cool:

Ford Bronco Ford Quality- How does stuff like this get past Quality Control? image_search_1681921306240

Ford Bronco Ford Quality- How does stuff like this get past Quality Control? image_search_1681921306240

People, don't give a crap about their quality of work. Unfortunately these are issues of our times. People are to busy worried about their own feeling.

There is only one way to fix it we make sure we care about our own work, and maybe that will catch on.

Good news you can pop that flare off no problem & replace it

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it took you two weeks, 1400 miles, and a tape measure to notice the issue. How much time do you think QA spends performing the inspection?
Personally I would have seen it on delivery day as I inspected the Bronco well. Some people could have gone

Before I even took delivery, I could recognize any Bronco trim from 300ft, including Sasquatch package or even if they are 0 offset wheels and or after market tires. I know every single combination because I spent way too many hours on this forum.
My wife, despite that we have been driving the Bronco for 14000 miles already, and despite that I show and explain her tire size and trim difference can’t still not see any difference between a Badlands on 33 and a Sasquatch package.

All this to say: your comment doesn’t mean anything. Different people have a different eye, and different people pay different attention to certain things. That guy didn’t see the fender for 1400 miles doesn’t mean QC should not see it in under a minute. I would have seen it from 100 ft away in 5 seconds.

Ford QC control is ridiculously bad and there is no excuse for it. As simple as that.

Sponsored

Tom_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 FJ40, 2011 X5D, 2019 Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That cracked windshield is a rock strike obviously. Broncos (and Jeeps) are vulnerable to this because of their vertical windshield. The best way to avoid this is leave plenty of following distance especially on gravel roads.
I guess the rocks on the assembly line could cause a cracked windshield, those vehicles do follow each other pretty close. It was noted on the delivery papers that it left the factory with the crack.

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's not my Bronco. A friend of mine, his sister works at a Ford dealer, she sent it to me. I never asked about a resolution. I do know it was the second Bronco the dealer received, the first being their mannequin with a cracked windshield.

Crazy!

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My issue is we've seen Big Dick Jim Farley pound the desk saying the quality and warranty issues are unacceptable - yet we still see shit like this roll off the line.

Something that could be caught if even the most basic of inspections were performed.

Lends me to believe nothing has changed with BD Jim's fist pounding.

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Somehow Ford installed a wiper motor from a '91 Trabant into my Badlands. Quality is job 11...:mad:

Sponsored

Herewegoagain

Badlands
First Name
Maxemus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took delivery of my '23 Big Bend 2-door MT at the dealer 2 weeks ago. I've put 1400 miles on it over the last 2 weeks, and hadn't noticed any issues until changing fluids on the MT today (BG Synco Shift II).

As I sat on my garage stool, I noticed that my fender flares didn't match. As it turns out, I have 3 normal flares for a BB, and 1 for a Squatch.

I'll be reaching out to the selling dealer tomorrow to see if we can get it resolved. At least it is an EASY swap.... :cool:

Wait until you have to take a door panel off. That's where they put the empty booze bottles.

newclubfront

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's not how Quality works in a manufacturing environment. Outputs are either validated or verified and as you can imagine, you can't 100% verify every output otherwise you wouldn't make any cars. There's a misconception that there's magical "QC" awaiting at the end of a production line. Auto plants do frequently sample a certain number of cars each day. If you're friends with somebody on the line, you can get your VIN on the list to be "randomly" sampled lol.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey! That is my fender! Do you want your skinny one? Too bad you didn't accidentally the entire SAS package

Deleted member 49144

Almost as bad as this panel being a completely different color on mine, lol
It’s in the process of being repainted at Ford dealer.

9D379F8E-F077-4FB9-BBA4-F71AD5A6EB50.jpeg

61D2E5D4-DF8C-45B9-B5EE-43A0350E58B8.jpeg

A50A82F6-CCDC-4DDA-9E67-B53410E08502.jpeg