North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Statistical quality control was introduce to Japan after WWII by Deming, Japan took this and they made major improvements to their quality control and for generations they have had a great reputation. Our quality control in the past was very high and workers were proud of their work.
Now when it comes to our USA made vehicles our quality has become a joke, American companies care more about profits period. And the only way this might improve is if we the people make a stance and stop buying these very expensive vehicles with shoddy qualities. If the big 3 get hurt in the pocket, they might realize that they must do better, I understand it will never be 100% quality perfect. In looking fwd to getting my WT, but when I read about all the issues I cringe at the fact that I'm going to be paying over 60k and ponder what will the quality conditions of my Bronco will bring. I know a lot of people says it's a off roadder, but for those same reasons quality should be paramount.
Besides profit, you forgot one major, critical, contributing factor, UNIONS!

I will start by saying yes, there are rare exceptions to the rules, but in general, Unions disincentivize initiative and motivation. If the average worker can build 5 widgets per hour and you can build 10 widgets per hour, you will receive counseling about maintaining standards and norms. Seeing a Bronco going down the line with the wrong seat or non-painted tailgate, nope, not going to say a thing "it's not my job" is alive and well.

Legacy auto makers must kowtow to the unions, true story, when Ford first attempted to clear out the Broncos from Mud Mountain, by adding the missing parts, modules, etc. to the Broncos at Mud Mountain, the union said no, they wanted Ford to bring every one of the Broncos back to the MAP production line and run the Bronco's back through the line just to add the missing parts. Fortunately, Ford said no, however, everyone waiting had to wait longer as the rodents snacked on the Mud Mountain Bronco's.

OP
OP

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I finally brought my Bronco home...

Other than the mentioned issue, I am overall happy with my Bronco. There were 3 or 4 other scratches here and there (either from transportation or not careful handling of parts e.g. long, deep scratch on the hardtop). The dealership offered me to take care of the paint issues at their body shop. I might do it at a later time, or might not. I still think they should have caught the main issues in Michigan and taken care of it before sending her to the dealership.

BTW, apparently Ford was covering at some point the areas I showed on the inside of the hardtop with some plastic trims but all the new Broncos I saw, they didn't have the trim and looked like mine.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 dodge Dakota 4 by 4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just received my OB a week ago with A July 17 2020 reservation. Didn't change anything on original order. 2.7 tow package Mic. I have looked over the entire vehicle many times. Everything seems perfect. Maybe a got lucky. Kendall Ford in Bend Oregon was phenomenal.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Other than the mentioned issue, I am overall happy with my Bronco. There were 3 or 4 other scratches here and there (either from transportation or not careful handling of parts e.g. long, deep scratch on the hardtop). The dealership offered me to take care of the paint issues at their body shop. I might do it at a later time, or might not. I still think they should have caught the main issues in Michigan and taken care of it before sending her to the dealership.

BTW, apparently Ford was covering at some point the areas I showed on the inside of the hardtop with some plastic trims but all the new Broncos I saw, they didn't have the trim and looked like mine.
Congratulations! 🎊🎉🎈🍾

Q: Does the hardtop have an NVH headliner?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just received my OB a week ago with A July 17 2020 reservation. Didn't change anything on original order. 2.7 tow package Mic. I have looked over the entire vehicle many times. Everything seems perfect. Maybe a got lucky. Kendall Ford in Bend Oregon was phenomenal.
Congrats on your Bronco!

I think one of the issues (not properly painted trim above the front bumper) with mine is specific to the color, cactus grey. I looked on the dealership lot, none of the Broncos had a similar paint issue there. But all of them were in some Metallic color.
I saw a parked Bronco at a Starbucks, same color as mine, and it was almost the carbon copy issue of mine. The entire edge was not properly painted and the end section of the edge was not painted at all. I assume with other colors they do several coats which seem not to be the case with Cactus Grey (and I think area 51 is the same sort of paint). I think this is also the reason the put the trim not fully aligned (front part is out and back part is pushed in) so that one can't notice the bare part at the end of the trim.

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Congratulations!

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Body is steel, doors are aluminum, not sure about the hood, fr+rr fenders, gate is likely steel for strength or aluminum with a steel internal structure for spare.
According to my magnet all panels are aluminum. Unless magnets don’t stick to steel.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to my magnet all panels are aluminum. Unless magnets don’t stick to steel.
Hood, fenders, doors, and swing gate are aluminum. Quarter panels are carbon steel.

Ford Bronco Ford Quality Control?!? 74B1BF23-B4FF-48A8-A57B-71A75A8119F7
Ford Bronco Ford Quality Control?!? CD5B888C-2753-4B51-8420-5FFBE14D96BA

Last edited:

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hood, fenders, doors, and swing gate are aluminum. Quarter panels are carbon steel.

Good deal. I checked the doors, rockers front fenders and hood. I didn’t check the rear.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Body is steel, doors are aluminum, not sure about the hood, fr+rr fenders, gate is likely steel for strength or aluminum with a steel internal structure for spare.
Here is the breakdown of aluminum and steel construction of the 2021 Bronco body parts.
2021 Ford Bronco Aluminum Steel Body Panels Parts Material.jpg

Aluminum:
Aluminum Hood
Aluminum Front fenders
Aluminum Rear fenders
Aluminum Doors
Aluminum Tailgate

Steel:
Steel Frame
Steel Floor
Boron Steel sport tubes / cage

Deleted member 32220

The body is steel! My original post stated which panels I knew of being aluminum, not which ones were. This still changes nothing about the body. You know what that is right? The part that holds all those panels.
Sponsored