Sponsored

Ford Quality- How does stuff like this get past Quality Control?

Tone007

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tell them you want 3 more Squatch flares 😎
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I took delivery of my '23 Big Bend 2-door MT at the dealer 2 weeks ago. I've put 1400 miles on it over the last 2 weeks, and hadn't noticed any issues until changing fluids on the MT today (BG Synco Shift II).

As I sat on my garage stool, I noticed that my fender flares didn't match. As it turns out, I have 3 normal flares for a BB, and 1 for a Squatch.

How does stuff like that happen? How does that get past Quality Control?

I'll be reaching out to the selling dealer tomorrow to see if we can get it resolved. At least it is an EASY swap.... :cool:

20230418_100604.jpg

20230418_100552.jpg

20230418_100633 (1).jpg

20230418_100651.jpg
the dealership didn't catch either and it took you 2 weeks to catch it. QC issue, yes of course. Something I'd be pointing out publicly on the forum, meh maybe not.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got thinking about this again. I agree it should not have happened, but what if it was still sitting in a lot at the factory waiting to get corrected. As my Grandma always told me, you can find good in the bad. My 2¢.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How does stuff like that happen? How does that get past Quality Control?
Well, let's see. It sounds like it took you two weeks of daily driving and presumably checking out your new ride to notice it.

I would say that it is pretty safe to assume that another human being on the assembly line also didn't immediately notice the mistake in the few seconds or minutes they had with the Bronco as it moved past them on the line.

Not to mention the PDI tech at the dealer, the car hauler driver, the sales person, the clean up detailer who washed it, etc.

human error