Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands - 23 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both my previous vehicle before my Bronco were a 20' Rubicon Gladi and a 21' Defender 110, if the bronco as nice a finish as the LR, no, is it better than the Gladi, 100%! I've never been happier with a vehicle in my entire life. Be happy you got your Bronco, you don't have to buy it of it's not up to your standards.
Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Again, the Bronco is an off road truck. Go wheeling in the woods on the east coast and see how clean the paint looks after 6 months.

If someone buys a Bronco as a car show circuit show piece, then that money was not used wisely.
I'm confused. What did you think I was trying to get across in my post? I'm well aware of what off roading does to paint. You should have seen the look on the guy's face who bought my old FJ40 years ago - "You mean you take this thing off road???".

I never considered the Bronco we purchased to be anything but an off road capable SUV. I was actually trying to say how pleased I was with the fit and finish of our Bronco. I'm sure not everyone is with theirs, - so maybe I got lucky - like I said.

Did you quote the wrong post maybe?

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I mean... I hate to say it, but if I'm being honest, these issues are about on-par for vast majority of mass-manufactured vehicles.

The biggest issue is probably the interior of the hard top. I do think the interior finish on the Wrangler hard top is better than the Bronco, but it definitely isn't overwhelmingly better.
Oh I'm not trying to defend Ford here. I'm just saying this about on-par from what I've seen. Next door neighbor got a new Cadillac XT5 this past week (finally), and the first thing I noticed is the bumper didn't line up with the rest of the body lines. Other neighbor had a new Toyota RAV4, and the entire passenger side running board looks like it was installed by a toddler. When I went and looked at a brand new Maverick a few months ago, I noticed the center console's cup holders were installed crooked. Just little stuff here and there that are common with mass produced vehicles.

Ultimately, if you feel like the quality isn't there, isn't up to your standards, or isn't worth the money, you can always refuse delivery and see if the dealer/Ford will fix it.

Since the start of 2022 I have bought 5 new vehicles and Ford's quality control and build quality was by far the worst of the 5 manufacturers.

Ranked in order of best initial build quality to worst:

1. 2022 Chevy Tahoe LT
2. Tesla Model 3 LR
3. Nissan Sentra SV
4. Honda CRV Touring Hybrid
5. Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch

So vehicles of varying price range - not entirely surprising the two most expensive vehicles had the best initial build quality and I am not a Chevy fan boy at all but besides the missing heated seat module (which is a choice not build quality) the tahoe was build perfectly. Panel gaps are tight and linear, engine bay is buttoned down with sound proofing, wires tightly routed, etc. Interior materials are best of the group.

The Tesla 3LR's Frunk lid is a little misaligned but it also weighs about as much as a frisbee and I'm pretty sure that a hard close could cause it to go back to perfect again. The A pillar interior material is a little cheap, and for whatever reason the plastic wheel covers for extended range crackle when you start driving it the first time after sitting for a day or two

Didn't spend a ton of time in the Nissan inspecting it but I was pleasantly surprised by interior materials and quality. The exterior did not have any glaring issues. Felt like it punched above it's weight class but couldn't contend with 1 or 2.

The CRV Touring was supremely disappointing. For starters, the entire plastic faring for the underbody of the vehicle was missing. Wife drives a 2018 Odyssey EX-L and the 2022 Touring felt like a downgrade. Honda has really taken liberties with their reputation for build quality. Interior materials were flimsy, cheap, and scratched easily.

Lastly - the Bronco.

My Bronco came with damaged front and rear passenger doors that Ford acknowledged but would not replace - just use body filler.

The soft top had ripped seams in multiple spots

Drivers side rear window looked like a literal Sasquatch tried to get into it by scratching it. Ford denied the claim even though the dealer found it - dealer ate the clost

I found about a half dozen fasteners or screws on the floor and underseats

The frame welds have air bubbles that are not rust protected and were rusting (and no not untreated steel - the actual frame welds)

And the frameless door operation is a total joke. Especially when sat side by side with the Model 3.

Bottom line - the build quality on the Bronco is garbage. It just is. Doesn't make me love it less. It's super frustrating but to pretend that it's happening to every manufacturer is BS. To some degree, yes, there are QC issues but Ford has really leaned into the pandemic excuse and are truly putting out crappy vehicles build quality wise.

They lead the auto industry in recalls.

AbsoluteFord

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford F-150, Honda Clarity
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can say that the interior leaves much to be desired. But also it’s an off-road vehicle meant to take abuse and get washed out. There’s nothing luxury about this truck imo. Deff some quality control issues. But all in all I love the truck. Like others have said. If you don’t like it sell it, or get something else.

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have bought over dozen brand new cars from 18k-70k, never ever any issues. These are few too many, especially because it is a 55k vehicle.
Simply solution, cancel the financing and walk away.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, just coming back from work and see all these posts... Crazy stuff! I need to get something to eat and lean back and go through all the new posts. I just had a quick look and saw some of the usual stuff but also some helpful posts. The most crazy thing was the guy who wrote an article about this :unsure:. Haven't read his article and honsetly don't know what to think about it.

Will try to get back to some of the posts later this weekend. Thank you for all the constructive and helpful posts and I guess thank you or whatever to the other people who have a different understanding about a forum than I have.

TCPR46

Black Diamond
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2 door built in October ‘21 has a similar paint issue. On the passenger rocker panel and on the driver door sill.

I’ve let my dealership know and they’ve brought the issue to Ford’s attention (obviously the repair is covered by warranty)
Ford Bronco Ford Quality Control?!? 07108B3E-DD97-48F7-9558-2DD3FF4706B4
Ford Bronco Ford Quality Control?!? 1EA03FC7-B58D-4765-BF31-51B2D9833279

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No QC issues with mine after 4000 miles, fuel mileage has been much better than expected, good surprise.
Also very impressed with the power.
Have a 2 door BB with 2.3 auto and Sasquatch
I detail vehicles so I would rate the Bronco a 9/10.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Saying you could get crazy with the build ( don't know why you would ). OBX, Sas, aux switches, leather seats, lux pkg, 2.7L V6
Ford Bronco Ford Quality Control?!? 1EA03FC7-B58D-4765-BF31-51B2D9833279
My OBX build is over $60k. Still a bargain.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a Jeep owner and a Bronco owner, I can attest to the fact that the Jeep hardtop, both inside and out, IS overwhelmingly better.
Aren’t they made by the same company?

Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have bought over dozen brand new cars from 18k-70k, never ever any issues. These are few too many, especially because it is a 55k vehicle.
As someone who worked in the auto industry, several of those issues would be corrected prior to delivery when its PDI'd... certainly worse than I'd like to see but its not offensive really. Complain and have it corrected. The hardtop doesn't really concern me.... i'll have it off most of the time anyway, for a vehicle like this as long as it works as intended, I don't care about fancy shit.

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So if you are comparing a Ford to a Land Rover of G Wagon maybe you should have bought one of those? This competes with Jeep, so I compare to Jeep. My OBX soft top no complaint other than a chip that was touched up on the door edge. 2200 miles no squeaks rattles. All good here. Drive, suspension, engine trans tuning on point.
I have good luck with my OBX Soft top. I just hit 5K miles. It’s solid. I’m glad I went with the soft top. I have ordered a hardtop from advanced fiberglass and now I’m glad I did. It’s got to better than the factory. Hardtop. That looked like an unfinished inside of a boat hull.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have good luck with my OBX Soft top. I just hit 5K miles. It’s solid. I’m glad I went with the soft top. I have ordered a hardtop from advanced fiberglass and now I’m glad I did. It’s got to better than the factory. Hardtop. That looked like an unfinished inside of a boat hull.
So far so good with mine. Love the soft top. It’s great to flip back the top, or let it down…takes less than 5 minutes to let all the way back.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm confused. What did you think I was trying to get across in my post? I'm well aware of what off roading does to paint. You should have seen the look on the guy's face who bought my old FJ40 years ago - "You mean you take this thing off road???".

I never considered the Bronco we purchased to be anything but an off road capable SUV. I was actually trying to say how pleased I was with the fit and finish of our Bronco. I'm sure not everyone is with theirs, - so maybe I got lucky - like I said.

Did you quote the wrong post maybe?
You didn't get lucky. Mine is flawless so far. It's a purpose built off road vehicle, not a pavement princess. Mine was built to be an Appalachian snow runner, not sure what you built yours for, but pretty sure it wasn't to look good at the mall. My only request is that they come up with the color "Road Salt Grey"...:)...

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't have anything ill fitting on mine. Luck of the draw I guess.

There's only one on that list that ever turned my head too.
The Porsche Cayman? Me too buddy. Me too

Trolling aside though, the Porsche Cayman is the best handling car ever built, full stop. I fully admit that I would do untoward things to my fellow man for a Cayman GT4
Sponsored