First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not to mention all the upgrades will be under warranty. Once you start f-ing with the axles and lockers good luck getting a dealer to cover it, best way IMHO on a brand new vehicle. If it were out of warranty I'd feel different.
This is sage advice.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've researched the same thing and Squatching is the most economical. Price for a BB or BD will be higher, much higher if you want an automatic which is currently "free" with Squatch. Squatch has some other nice features as well (wheels, tires. suspension, front locker, adv 4x4), and will be great in resale.

The current Ranger Rear End would be a pain to swap, totally different suspension mounting. The 2022 Ranger may have the same rear suspension, but I doubt it as leaf springs have load carrying and towing advantages.

OP
OP
tokyo

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, after market was listed as an option to be complete but never really an option for me since Squatch has so much that comes with.

More than I need really..

OP
OP
tokyo

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great input everyone.

So if you want a rear locker = Squatch is best value until Ford offers as a la carte option.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great input everyone.

So if you want a rear locker = Squatch is best value until Ford offers as a la carte option.
I think so, just imagine driving a new Bronco off the lot and having the rear end "torn" apart to get one feature. And if anything goes wrong with the work getting to that point you get a big welp from the dealer. That alone is worth the $5k or w/e it comes out to, to get it from the word go. Not to mention it's not just the locker but upgraded suspension, wheels, etc..

Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, after market was listed as an option to be complete but never really an option for me since Squatch has so much that comes with.

More than I need really..
Sell one of those cars in your signature; one should cover it. Just saying.

OP
OP
tokyo

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting.. I am an October 1 Granger reservation which I think is likely an MY22

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nice! I hadn't thought of that.. might even be able to order one from the dealer. Do we know if mounting points are all the same?
Not even close. The Ranger uses a leaf in the rear as opposed to the Broncos 4 link (5 link?) setup. You'd have to ensure your have the right gear ratios, pinion flange, width. And then you'd have to find someone to weld the proper suspension mount points. That's a lot of work.

I see it like this, in order of bang for your buck.

1. Sasquatch - You're getting a lot more than a rear locker here. If you're actually going to use the the locker, then you'll actually be using gear ratio, lift, and bigger tires. By far the most economical sense.
2. Have an aftermarket shop install an ARB locker after purchase. It'll cost you $2500-3000 to do properly from a reputable shop. ARB lockers are awesome; nigh unbreakable. You get a locker but see my point in option 1.
3. Jump up to a trim that offers the locker as an option. You're paying for all the other things that come with that trim but probably about on par with Option 1.

Sponsored

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP, I'm sort of in the same boat. I've been wanting the BB for awhile, but have been considering the Base with Sasquatch.

I've added a rear locker to all my saved configurations from the B&P.

The Sasquatch package is a bit of overkill for me, but it's really hard not to consider it for what you get (the nice stance and 4A are things I really like).

I had a Jeep wrangler sport, that I loved, and the Base Bronco has way more standard features. Adding the Sasquatch just takes it to another level.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
$2500+ for a rear locker sounds high. Maybe find a different shop or type of locker. Also the new Bronco will have brake actuated traction control? If so, that means the rear axle will not simply act open. If implemented well and depending on type of driving, you might not miss a locking diff much.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford really makes you pay for that rear locker. I've said before that I'm set on a BD trim, but I have gone through the exact same exercise you have. If the base came with a rear locker option it would be easy to select that model. If the Squatch came with a manual it would be easy to go that route. Not sure why I'm fixated on having a rear locker as I never really used it in past vehicles. I'm also hell bent on getting a manual in this vehicle.
Because my former vehicles at least came with a limited slip differential, which i have made work in most situations. The saddest thing about the advent of the super cool factory locker has been the demise of the limited slip differential. Open diffs front and rear scare me.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting thought about the traction control braking the spinning tire. That would make lockers less of a necessity.
Sponsored