Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The posts here are hardly critical analysis, more like casual commentary. What exactly are they going to say? Just imagine this thread was yours, you proudly posted pics of a mod you did to your Bronco with the intention of marketing it, and everyone was telling you how terrible it looked. What would you say in response? If I was Bestop, my response would be succinct and straight to the point. "Sucks you don't like it, keep your OEM flare you ungrateful sausage". It's probably why I don't sell things on internet forums, now that I think about it.
Yep, you may not want to sell thing hopefully at all, ever.

Bestop is a legit maker of goods for vehicles like this and they usually do well. They have a reputation as a quality manufacturer. However, if that is a gap that could have been addressed with another half an inch, that's a poor attention to detail, or, just make a round flair like the truck is designed.

Casual commentary, tomato tamato; doesn't matter, it's consumer opinion and when you sell products to "consumers", then their opinions count.

I"m sure your desire for a Bronco wasn't based on some critical analysis and that was an even bigger purchase.

Bestop just needs to fix it before bringing to market and I'm sure it'll sell like crazy.
Sponsored

Reactions: bek

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just love when a vendor posts something, gets excited about it, then members give a critical analysis thatā€™s legit, then the vendor that started the threadā€¦.. crickets. :cautious:

Not a good look Bestop. It was pointed out that your squarish fender flair doesnā€™t totally cover the factory round wheel arch. Not that difficult to understand, but just say that.

A corporate social media team (or intern) canā€™t just tuck and run whenever challenged. Customers interpret that as you have something to hide; meaning no sales and lost trust.

Bestop makes good stuff, but maybe youā€™re not perfect; thatā€™s fine, just own what you do and why and explain what you were trying to accomplish and we (customers) may give you some grace.

Not like we donā€™t know that square donā€™t fit round, we all graduated at least 5th grade! :ROFLMAO:
when they posted these months ago, they got a lot of negative feedback about their appearance then to. Seems that they felt this was the direction they wanted to go, and they'll probably still sell...but I see no reason to put these on my Wildtrak. pass

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pics from the site look like computer generated designs, here's real life showing it sit a little higher in the front:

1668012362777.jpeg
Yeah, it'd be real easy to take a sawzall to that rounded part to make them actually fit the flare profile, like a set of old school bushwhacker cutout fender flares.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bestop just needs to fix it before bringing to market and I'm sure it'll sell like crazy.
Critical analysis implies constructive criticism. So far nobody has made any suggestions on how to fix it, or what to fix, or much of anything really.

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like them. But not enough to pay $600 for a set. Probably would order a set for $300 or so, just to swap out once in a while for a nice change.

Well dang...scratch that idea. After looking at the install instructions, it's not a simple pop on, pop off like the factory flares. You have to use double sided tape on the damn things! Once they're on, they're staying.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yeah, it'd be real easy to take a sawzall to that rounded part to make them actually fit the flare profile, like a set of old school bushwhacker cutout fender flares.
Heck, then just do it right then!

Ford Bronco Check 'em out!! Frontfenderflares

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
yeah they look unfinished. Ugly imo

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Donā€™t like them. Whatā€™s this circled? Little curved piece covering original opening? Donā€™t see this on the site.

Ford Bronco Check 'em out!! Frontfenderflares
That looks to be a foreground reflection.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I see them, but I wish I had not!

The inner flat arch of the flare needed to cover the round fender lip is a huge eyesore. No matter how many times you look at it from a far or near, it is completely wrong. Trying to cover a round hole with a square flare is evidence of trying to hard to just build something thinking buyers will buy. 6g is imaged to resemble the 1g. But in order to square up the rear fender openings required cutting up the wheel arch on 1g to resemble the front. In order for these to resemble 1g, you would have to cut all 4 corners to make that happen for the 6g. Just plain ugly concept, hopefully BestTop throws this design in the garbage.

Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, this thing is fugly. All of the stock factory options look way better.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I want to like them but just cant get totally onboard with the look. Agree with whoever said maybe $300 would get me to budge but the factory flares look decent as-is.

If there was someway for them to actually make the wheel well look squared then I feel like $600 would be worth the price of admission.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Im a FAN!!! I might step up and buy a 2dr set then Sawzall the super-stupid round parts outta the way for 40s...that round shit hanging down looks Re-Tar-Dead....really shows the square peg round hole.šŸ«£

I also like how these cover up the molded stamped curve above the fenders!šŸ¤”

This might actually add tire clearance without looking fugly.
Probably need to fab some custom fender liners to match the Sawzall path.šŸ¤£šŸ˜…šŸ˜†

Anything is better than the steel flatties I got on there now.šŸ¤Ŗ

I'm thinking they'll look OK after the inner area is Removed. I was gonna hack my fenders soon but I think I'll wait and get these first and then open the plastic and metal up at the same time.

Bottom pic is goal.
Screenshot_20230302_202405_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Screenshot_20230302_202542_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Screenshot_20230302_202405_Acrobat for Samsung~3.jpg

Last edited:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yep, you may not want to sell thing hopefully at all, ever.

Bestop is a legit maker of goods for vehicles like this and they usually do well. They have a reputation as a quality manufacturer. However, if that is a gap that could have been addressed with another half an inch, that's a poor attention to detail, or, just make a round flair like the truck is designed.

Casual commentary, tomato tamato; doesn't matter, it's consumer opinion and when you sell products to "consumers", then their opinions count.

I"m sure your desire for a Bronco wasn't based on some critical analysis and that was an even bigger purchase.

There is no gap. Your going off the deep end over a reflection. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Last edited:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I want to like them but just cant get totally onboard with the look. Agree with whoever said maybe $300 would get me to budge but the factory flares look decent as-is.

If there was someway for them to actually make the wheel well look squared then I feel like $600 would be worth the price of admission.
They need to offer this with do-it-yer self fender liners and a couple Sawzall blades as a 'hardcore" option.
Sponsored