Sponsored

At lease land Rover is listening . check this out.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dropping a patent application at just the right moment and waiting (likely mere seconds, in the day of active search engines) for someone to "discover" it is guerrilla marketing at its finest. Vague enough to keep styling cues away from competitors, but with enough info to satisfy legal requirements and pique public interest. Zero cost above what they would have to spend anyways, and the self-appointed automotive experts of the Internet treat it like they've discovered the cure for cancer. The renderings make their way to CNN's home page. Can't buy that exposure at any price.
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still waiting on this epic post you said you were gonna drop the other day man, I'm starting to suffocate holding my breath.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

The one reason that I did not buy a new JK Jeep was that the roll bar took up too much space in the back for all the stuff I load into it - which space I have and and often use in my 2008 KJ Jeep. I am wondering if given the way that the roll bar installs whether Ford will offer the roll bar as an option on the Bronco Bronco or possibly limit it to certain Bronco packages and editions.

OP
OP

PAPA old school

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 bronco. 2018 chevy z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
First off, Ford isn't considering Land Rover a competitor.
In my opinion, Ford doesn't consider anyone a competitor, we will conform to 50k start prices. (Big Mistake)

Second, I would strongly suggest that you pay close attention to some of the patents that have been shown, there's a good chance these features are coming to Bronco. Is it possible that this is one form of giving you something to hang your hat on until the reveal? My money says...maybe ;)

Just because a Patent is applied for , does not mean it will come to attrition, were still waiting on elo motors, hundreds of millions of dollars invested and still no products. I will hold onto my money for now, I plan on a purchase in the next year would like for it to be a bronco. but just going to have to see whats available.

Third, no amount of pressure that anyone wants to apply publicly is going to force Ford to reveal anything early. The timeline is locked in, the options are locked in, Land Rover isn't even offering a vehicle that will have the options Bronco is going to have.

Most of us Have given up on fords reveal, Looking at alternatives, lots of expensive options isn't what im looking for Navigator, excursion, Tahoe, Sequoia, are already available. Already saw the Explorer, and the lots here are full of them setting. At least they went to rear wheel drive again. I will never buy a front wheel drive SUV.

I'M sorry if i offended anyone for sharing what i found. Like i said I bleed Blue, until they quit making viable options. And went to soccer mom cars and suvs. I'm a working man and have to have a work truck. Bought a new F250 , need a ladder to get into it. Rides like a log wagon, and steers funny, That wont be a daily driver for me. We will see if it holds up.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jalopnik has a few articles on Bronco patents. Doors, top, etc.

But a lot of their articles are parasitic journalism. They write about the information in somebody else's article.

So I don't know if they have people actively watching. Doubtful.

Sponsored

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like BabyBronco Competitor.
Not bad. Price is fair.

41fordman

Big Bend
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F250, 77 XL; 51 Tudor; 50 F1; 41PU; 40 Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone else see the similarities in the Baby Bronco and the LDR? They look eriely alike. There was a recent comment made by the two Ford high ups that they had or are courting TATRA on some project.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I do not know what you all are complaining about, I think putting the Land Rover HSEs 3 liter light duty diesel motor into the F150 is a great idea. If it is good enough for the 100 thousand dollar HSE why not the F150. I believe Ford and Land Rover have a lot of research they can do together like Dodge and Fiat. I mean look if Ferrari ever wanted to drop their small motor into a Dodge, I would not complain.
Sponsored