First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2023 Badlands MT, 15,000 miles. Drove fine until yesterday evening; no problems at all. Went to leave the garage and the clutch pedal dropped to the floor and didn't return. I can lift the pedal with my hand, but as soon as any pressure is applied, it drops back to the floor. Daily driver (suburbs, highway), no off-roading, no mods, no accidents, I've been kind to the transmission. Checked the hydraulic fluid and the levels are fine. No leaks evident under the hood around the master cylinder or tubing or under the vehicle. Dropped it off today at the dealership for a technician inspection. Anyone else been down this path and know what to expect?

Unrelated (I hope), I also have the scraping noise and was planning on having the TSB work performed this winter while the noise is evident.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2023 Badlands MT, 15,000 miles. Drove fine until yesterday evening; no problems at all. Went to leave the garage and the clutch pedal dropped to the floor and didn't return. I can lift the pedal with my hand, but as soon as any pressure is applied, it drops back to the floor. Daily driver (suburbs, highway), no off-roading, no mods, no accidents, I've been kind to the transmission. Checked the hydraulic fluid and the levels are fine. No leaks evident under the hood around the master cylinder or tubing or under the vehicle. Dropped it off today at the dealership for a technician inspection. Anyone else been down this path and know what to expect?

Unrelated (I hope), I also have the scraping noise and was planning on having the TSB work performed this winter while the noise is evident.
Hey there! Can you send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to take a closer look at your Bronco's clutch issues.

fuesting

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would you have more details on the scraping noise you are having? I too am having some noise that I'm concerned about.

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh man! Same thing happened to me. It happened one month after the TSB. When the clutch failed it was the slave cylinder. The dealer had it for 4 weeks tying to get parts and get it to work. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

BNutFlyHawk

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 XL SC 4X4 2023 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just picked up my 2023 Badlands for issue occurring during the dealer delivering it after accessory installation. The driver barely started out and it went into limp mode. They replaced clutch, flywheel, throw out bearing, and slave cylinder. Slave cylinder failed at 3300 ish miles damaging the parts with fluid. Hopefully not a trend.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Dang, this was a known issue with the Focus RS 6 years ago. Snagging
Amazing how Ford never manages to make these things more reliable.

OP
OP
brporter

brporter

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer completed their inspection. They're saying the clutch disc was installed backwards at the factory and the slave cylinder "exploded." It sounds like they will be installing an entirely new clutch assembly. I'm trying to get them to do the TSB for the scraping noise while they're in there, but they are saying they didn't listen to it before doing the inspection so they can't confirm the noise. Pushing back on that and hopefully we'll get them to change their mind. It would be dumb to drop the transmission for this repair, put it all back together, just to hear it make the noise and start all over again.
Sponsored