Dwillisbronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was out the past 2 mornings with -28F wind chills. I was very impressed with the soft top. The cabin heats up very fast, as the heated leather seats.

I found if I turn off the auto for air/heat and change settings for both floor and cabin, I set the fan speed to 4 and temp to 68 was very comfortable.

I also used the Slippery GOAT mode for the ice/snow packed roads and it had no issues taking off on a steep incline. No tire spinning!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went to get into my 2 Door today, and both the driver and passenger windows are froze/stuck shut. 0 degrees outside.
I will admit I remote started it for 10 minutes. Not sure if that helped with the doors ( set on Hi Temp at fan speed 3 )

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have found all the complaints about the soft top being cold and buying insulation to be false. 4 degrees here with 20 mph winds on top of it. Very warm inside vehicle.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only had it two weeks but so far -13F maybe -35-40F with wind. Temp inside was fine. Even with the soft top

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We were in Denver when the blast came through. Had been skiing at Keystone the days before. Drove across CO & KS to get back to KC on Thursday. Leaving Denver it was -19F. Winds were CRAZY cold, -40 to -50 wind chill. Finally warmed up to 0 in the afternoon. Stopped in Hayes, KS for lunch and the gusts were brutal. Bronco did great. I know some have complained about the floor heating. Mine works great. I have a 2 door and my daughter in the back was a little cold with the cold wind blowing in via the windows. You can't really blame Ford for basically driving 75 in a wind tunnel sideways.

I can report, 85mph with strong 20-30mph wind going out, no storm, I was getting 15mpg. Slowing down to 75 during the storm on the way back, I was able to get 22mpg. Wind was always at our side both directions so no help there. The 2.3 does get thirsty at 85.

Sponsored

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
-17F with close to -50F windchill. Had the bronco plugged in outside and had no problem keeping the interior warm. I had added a sunscreen and put a heavy blanket between it and the soft top for wind noise. The added insulation sure didn’t hurt.
The rest of the vehicle was a little stiff getting going.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
1 degree F. Here in the Memphis TN area.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're in the USA and you use Celsius?! What the F...ahreneheit!

Coldest I've been is is probably -10 C. The soft top holds in the heat really well - Pretty pleased by that!
Hah, yes... and my wife hates it.

I studied electrical engineering in university, and for my senior capstone project I assisted a bunch of graduate students as we develop battery-powered weather stations that could survive in frigid cold temperatures. All of the weather stations are programmed in Celsius, and it eventually it became more natural for me to use Celsius in my daily life too. It's not super easy to convert between the two in your head, so I've memorized a handful of conversions (ie. -30°C = -22°F, 22°C = 72°F, 38°C = 100°F, etc.) and for the in-between temps I just guess.

It still drives my wife insane because anytime she picks up my phone or goes in my Bronco everything is set to Celsius.

I guess the strange part is I still use miles per hour rather than kilometers per hour (the weather stations were programmed in knots). Luckily for me the United Kingdom also uses MPH and Celsius in their cars, so I usually just set my electronics to "UK units" and that gets me what I need.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hah, yes... and my wife hates it.

I studied electrical engineering in university, and for my senior capstone project I assisted a bunch of graduate students as we develop battery-powered weather stations that could survive in frigid cold temperatures. All of the weather stations are programmed in Celsius, and it eventually it became more natural for me to use Celsius in my daily life too. It's not super easy to convert between the two in your head, so I've memorized a handful of conversions (ie. -30°C = -22°F, 22°C = 72°F, 38°C = 100°F, etc.) and for the in-between temps I just guess.

It still drives my wife insane because anytime she picks up my phone or goes in my Bronco everything is set to Celsius.

I guess the strange part is I still use miles per hour rather than kilometers per hour (the weather stations were programmed in knots). Luckily for me the United Kingdom also uses MPH and Celsius in their cars, so I usually just set my electronics to "UK units" and that gets me what I need.
Ford Bronco Coldest Temperature Driven in Your Bronco? 1671900390826

Don‘t tell @Tricky Dick - He’ll get jealous but pretend he doesn’t want this.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You're in the USA and you use Celsius?! What the F...ahreneheit!

Coldest I've been is is probably -10 C. The soft top holds in the heat really well - Pretty pleased by that!
Lol. I've used both systems for decades (all science is in metric) in the US. Can't wait until the US rips the bandaid off and goes metric. Sigh....

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Should be fine to at least -30F, most OEMs validate down to temperatures lower than that.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
So,

With the Arctic Blast moving through the country and impacting millions of people.

I would like to know who has driven the Bronco in super Cold Temps.
I left work yesterday and it was -1°

The doors were a little sticky but window operation was good -- how it lowers and raises with door.

I'm in Central PA.

So, how did your Bronco handle the cold?

Ford Bronco Coldest Temperature Driven in Your Bronco? 5944E641-ECB3-4278-B222-73F5E122824D
-4 and was a champ, super high winds too

Highmtnbronco

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Arctic blast brought temperatures around -16 below zero Fahrenheit in my area. I was driving around and everything functioned properly, just a little squeaky and rattling until things warmed up.

1C8C539D-D500-40E4-9BB7-4235A242560B.jpeg

0A631CCC-4211-453A-BFE4-C7801D4B0470.jpeg