Sponsored

Confused… Low order bank and need for locating a dealer with allocations??

Byrdeaux

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Eruption Green Wildtrak, F150, GX460,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am planning to buy a 2024 Wildtrak now that X-plan is being accepted. However, I am confused about the significance of locating a dealer with allocations. I am considering looking outside my local area because my local dealer seems clueless about timing on placed orders. All I keep hearing are horror stories of customers waiting for years to get their vehicle even when I quote the data from the recent USOB reports.

I have no trade so I'm ready to purchase the Bronco from anyone that can help me get it within a reasonable window.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are only two scenarios to really worry about it when it comes to allocations:
  • If you are buying one of the limited production vehicles such as the Bronco Raptor or Heritage Limited, you need to ensure your dealer gets an allocation for that vehicle.
  • A select few dealers "gave up" many of their 2024 allocations in order to increase their 2023 allocations. It is probably best to avoid those dealers. (Which sucks, cause those are usually the good dealers.)
For vast majority of folks ordering this year, allocations are a non-factor. Yes... ordering one of the high-demand options may push your build back a few months compared to someone who didn't. But if you order a vehicle now there is an extremely good chance you will take delivery before winter 2024 starts at the end of the year. More likely than not, you'll probably take delivery sometime late spring or early summer.

---

If you are talking previous years... yes. It was a complete nightmare. There were tens of thousands of outstanding orders/reservations (at one point it was hundreds of thousands), and most of those orders had a handful of very high-demand items on them.

But we're down to ~5000 orders in the order bank. Which is about 3-4 weeks of production.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Byrdeaux

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Eruption Green Wildtrak, F150, GX460,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are only two scenarios to really worry about it when it comes to allocations:
  • If you are buying one of the limited production vehicles such as the Bronco Raptor or Heritage Limited, you need to ensure your dealer gets an allocation for that vehicle.
  • A select few dealers "gave up" many of their 2024 allocations in order to increase their 2023 allocations. It is probably best to avoid those dealers. (Which sucks, cause those are usually the good dealers.)
For vast majority of folks ordering this year, allocations are a non-factor. Yes... ordering one of the high-demand options may push your build back a few months compared to someone who didn't. But if you order a vehicle now there is an extremely good chance you will take delivery before winter 2024 starts at the end of the year. More likely than not, you'll probably take delivery sometime late spring or early summer.

---

If you are talking previous years... yes. It was a complete nightmare. There were tens of thousands of outstanding orders/reservations (at one point it was hundreds of thousands), and most of those orders had a handful of very high-demand items on them.

But we're down to ~5000 orders in the order bank. Which is about 3-4 weeks of production.
Thanks for the feedback on my question.
Sponsored