Sponsored

How is Ford.com and a Dealer Order Connected? Confused!

hoffmanity

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Deville, 92 Pathy, 82 SR5 Pickup, 96 Vette GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a hunch, but perhaps there is an "expert" here that can shed some light on the situation. I'm a day 1 reservation holder that was waiting it out for a Mansquatch. The day came, I had fun on the B&P, then when it came time to plop down the $500, I saw in the fine print along the lines of "confirm pricing with dealer". Not wanting to spend $500 on a deposit to get price gauged, I went into the dealer to confirm MSRP in writing, and had them place the order for me. But I am thinking that their order is somehow disjointed from my reservation. I don't know what the implications of this are, or what... Ford.com says that today is the last day to pay my deposit before losing the reservation. Any insights here? Attached is a screenshot of Ford.com asking for my deposit, and an order receipt ack from Ford to my dealer.

Ford Bronco How is Ford.com and a Dealer Order Connected? Confused! 1636417904446

Ford Bronco How is Ford.com and a Dealer Order Connected? Confused! image

Cheers
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a hunch, but perhaps there is an "expert" here that can shed some light on the situation. I'm a day 1 reservation holder that was waiting it out for a Mansquatch. The day came, I had fun on the B&P, then when it came time to plop down the $500, I saw in the fine print along the lines of "confirm pricing with dealer". Not wanting to spend $500 on a deposit to get price gauged, I went into the dealer to confirm MSRP in writing, and had them place the order for me. But I am thinking that their order is somehow disjointed from my reservation. I don't know what the implications of this are, or what... Ford.com says that today is the last day to pay my deposit before losing the reservation. Any insights here? Attached is a screenshot of Ford.com asking for my deposit, and an order receipt ack from Ford to my dealer.

Cheers
Thats a different format than last year, and Ford wasn't taking deposits for orders on line for 2021 orders, just 100 for a reservation to order. This is a new process, takes an up to date answer.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The answer is it really isn’t linked.

This year Ford offered a web-based ordering service to allow dealerships to accept orders directly from Ford’s website. This is new functionality that wasnt available in the past and is completely optional.

What likely happened is your dealer turned on the ability to accept web orders… and then you just went to the dealer and ordered the traditional way anyway. The web ordering system is unaware that you did this, so it’s still prompting you for payment.

My dealer does not accept web-based orders. Because of that all I see is this:

Ford Bronco How is Ford.com and a Dealer Order Connected? Confused! AC43F1FB-3C0C-4533-A4FF-8BDDBD101BB1

OP
OP
hoffmanity

hoffmanity

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you both for the replies. Was looking forward to a simple way to track my order, guess I screwed it up! As long as the Bronco shows up... eventually...

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On 10/27/21 I went directly to my dealer to change my 8/29/20 reservation to an order for a '22 Wildtrak. Dealership didn't require any deposit.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you both for the replies. Was looking forward to a simple way to track my order, guess I screwed it up! As long as the Bronco shows up... eventually...
Naw you didn’t screw up at all. This online stuff is all relatively new to them (and every other auto manufacturer sans Tesla). In the past people were more likely to buy dealer stock (on-lot vehicles) rather than special ordering a vehicle.

Now with all of the shortages customers are transitioning away from dealer stock and to almost entirely special retail orders. So FordMoCo is trying to catch up and make their online services more modern.

They’re getting there, but it needs a ton of work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hoffmanity

hoffmanity

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
On 10/27/21 I went directly to my dealer to change my 8/29/20 reservation to an order for a '22 Wildtrak. Dealership didn't require any deposit.
Yeah they said they didn't need a deposit from me either. I don't think my $100 reservation went towards the vehicle though. Maybe I'll get that refunded when my reservation expires on Ford.com. Oh well...
Sponsored