First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram 1500 4x4, 67 Firebird 455ci
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received this email today from the dealer I selected, why is he telling me "We have to do the build by this week"? He also told me that I have to put 5k down when placing my order this week, is this true?

My name is Adam North and I am the internet sale director here at Covert of Hutto. It is now the time that we have been waiting for. We are ready to build your Bronco! Give me a call to set up a reservation to submit your build. 979.324.0199. We have to do the build by this week. Congratulations and we look forward to talking with you.

Adam North
Internet Sales Director
Covert Hutto
1200 E Highway 79
Hutto, TX 78634
(877) 918-0151
Sponsored

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have to do the build by this week
No, no you don’t. You have about 6 weeks and can still change dealers. I would find someone who is honest. Or at least honest-ish.

OP
OP

TxHunter

Badlands
First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, no you don’t. You have about 6 weeks and can still change dealers. I would find someone who is honest. Or at least honest-ish.
Thank you Jason, my thoughts exactly!!!

Sponsored

Cold_steel

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
5000.00k eh? No way I’m paying $5,000,000 for a bronco. If I do, they better let me order that saddle brown leather interior they teased in the reveal photos

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome to the forum! You might need to find a new dealer. Are they charging more than MSRP?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

$5K down is pretty hilarious. Where do these dealers get their material? Bet that dealership doesn't have a high rate of conversions.

But on a more serious note, what have your conversations been before now with this dealer? Surely price and down payment must have come up before now.

Gtbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Ford Ranger, 2007 Honda Shadow
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doing mine this week, already went through all specs with dealer over video conference. My dealer requires an additional 900 down (1000 including the already paid 100). My dealer had about 180 reservations, so they are having meetings for bronco configs everyday until march, but they scheduled to see when a good time for me was.

Sponsored
OP
OP

TxHunter

Badlands
First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$5K down is pretty hilarious. Where do these dealers get their material? Bet that dealership doesn't have a high rate of conversions.

But on a more serious note, what have your conversations been before now with this dealer? Surely price and down payment must have come up before now.
Today was the first conversation. I was told I need to build and price my Bronco this week. The first thing I asked was why this week, I thought I had until March 19th? Answer: They will run out of parts and you won't get what you want, and that's when he said I also will need to put 5k down in order to proceed.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Run, don't walk, to another dealer.

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today was the first conversation. I was told I need to build and price my Bronco this week. The first thing I asked was why this week, I thought I had until March 19th? Answer: They will run out of parts and you won't get what you want, and that's when he said I also will need to put 5k down in order to proceed.
Yeah, they sound like lying turd burglars. Plenty of other dealers within a couple of hours to choose from.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OK. When did you make a reservation? It seems strange that this week is the first contact you've had with the dealership about your Bronco. Any idea what they are selling them at?

I suggest if you are behind the ball and haven't spent much time researching the Bronco, spend a few days here reading a bunch of posts, then call your dealer and ask some very direct questions. If they can not answer to your satisfaction, transfer to a dealer who can. You have a little over a month to get it done.
Sponsored