Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Unless they're doing $1000 under invoice, RUN don't walk.

Ford Bronco I'm confused??? 5000.00k Down to build and Order giphy (5)
Sponsored

GotNotch

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just tell them that 5k is unreasonable. You will do $500. Make sure it is a refundable deposit. If not then you will transfer.

have you negotiated a price yet? Invoice is a good starting point. Tell them if they are not close to that you will transfer.

Also make sure there are no extra fees or dealer add ons.

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Placed my order here in CO and was never asked for any down over the $100 from Ford. Run dude!!

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd put zero down other than the $100 reservation fee. Zero need for additional money. If a dealer required it I would find another that didn't. Plenty if them out there not requiring money to order.

But $5k to order?!?! That's precious. I would normally walk away but in a situation like this that a dealer is taking advantage of a situation, I would totally blast the hell out of them.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let me preface this by agreeing that your dealer sucks and you should change immediately. 5k deposit is absurd.

However, we like to pretend that we’re the only ones that matter to our dealers and can take all the time in the world to put in our orders. Just a word of caution to those continually saying they’re gonna wait till the last possible second to put their orders in: your dealer might require you to put it in earlier.

Your dealer may have hundreds of other reservations to get through and they don’t want to wait until the last second to process a bunch of orders. It’s pretty reasonable that they’re establishing a cutoff for ordering that’s earlier than the hard date, it allows them to factor in some people with extenuating circumstances.

OP, sounds like you were caught a little off guard; I’d spend some time here reading the big threads, switch your dealer and get your build dialed in that way at your new dealer you can be ready to order when your res comes up.

Edit: also just occurred to me to add that some dealers see this entire process as a huge pain in the ass. They don’t want to field and service calls on a vehicle they can’t sell for months, and definitely don’t want to deal with enthusiasts if that’s not their market. The 5k deposit thing is likely meant to scare off all but the ultra serious buyers.

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stephens will ship to you from WV or you can make your purchase pick up an adventure. Just placed my order with them today. Super easy and nothing additional down. Oh, and they have pricing below MSRP. Granger would be another option. No experience with them but folks seem happy.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today was the first conversation. I was told I need to build and price my Bronco this week. The first thing I asked was why this week, I thought I had until March 19th? Answer: They will run out of parts and you won't get what you want, and that's when he said I also will need to put 5k down in order to proceed.
Either clueless or lying. Not a dealer I'd want to work with.

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This dealer is not very smart. Period. First, as many people here has already advised, you should walk away (if not run). Other intelligent people who have a reservation through this dealer should do the same. So, the dealership stands to LOSE customers. But, the dealership is simultaneously hurting themselves as well as any other dimwit that stays with them. Allocations are heavily weighted on the number of reservation to order conversions. If a dealership is adopting tactics that scare people away, then they have a lose, lose situation. Dumb.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@TxHunter I have spoken to most the dealerships down your way and give you a couple of other recommendations if you need them. Shoot me a pm if interested.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reading about these clueless and shady dealers is a daily joy of mine.

Ford Bronco I'm confused??? 5000.00k Down to build and Order 1612277897060

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Email sent. 🤣 Going to have some fun with these guys.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I received this email today from the dealer I selected, why is he telling me "We have to do the build by this week"? He also told me that I have to put 5k down when placing my order this week, is this true?

My name is Adam North and I am the internet sale director here at Covert of Hutto. It is now the time that we have been waiting for. We are ready to build your Bronco! Give me a call to set up a reservation to submit your build. 979.324.0199. We have to do the build by this week. Congratulations and we look forward to talking with you.

Adam North
Internet Sales Director
Covert Hutto
1200 E Highway 79
Hutto, TX 78634
(877) 918-0151
Don't respond to this guy! run as fast as you can and find another dealer.

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I received this email today from the dealer I selected, why is he telling me "We have to do the build by this week"? He also told me that I have to put 5k down when placing my order this week, is this true?

My name is Adam North and I am the internet sale director here at Covert of Hutto. It is now the time that we have been waiting for. We are ready to build your Bronco! Give me a call to set up a reservation to submit your build. 979.324.0199. We have to do the build by this week. Congratulations and we look forward to talking with you.

Adam North
Internet Sales Director
Covert Hutto
1200 E Highway 79
Hutto, TX 78634
(877) 918-0151

Change dealers. It takes 24hrs to update in Ford's system and you can only switch once. So get everything in writing when/if you do switch and make sure the person you are speaking with is "authorized" to make the calls on down payment, ADM etc.... I paid the 100 deposit + 400. Rich Ford ABQ was great.

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don’t know why dealers (mine included) are requiring deposits. If someone doesn’t end up buying their bronco, the dealership will be able to sell it in 3.4 seconds.
Sponsored