Sponsored

Considering buying new 2024 Bronco, thoughts on quality issues and problems?

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like any vehicle there are going to be a percentage that have issues no matter who makes them. That said I've had zero issues with my Bronco to date knock on wood.
I agree. It's funny how many people gravitate to Toyotas. I've had a few Highlanders and two of them had so many problems with sunroofs and leaking water. My wife's current Lexus has a weird rattle in the sunroof. If you must get a Toyota, Skip the sunroof. These were bad designs, and dealers begrudgingly fixed them. I gave up and sold My Last Highlander to Carvana smelling like Mildew because of that damned sunroof. And yes, the 4Runner should be perfect and reliable, it's a 14-year-old design. Wait till the new Taco, 4Runner, and LC drop all in the next 12 months, that will be telling for the brand.
Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey all,
I’m working a deal with my local dealer on a 24 4dr Badlands and I wanted some opinions before I pull the trigger. After reading some threads here I’m a little concerned about quality issues and problems. Anybody care to share their thoughts? I love the bronco but a little spooked by the various problems. Roof noises, electrical gremlins, etc seem to be common. Thanks for the input.
Ford Bronco Considering buying new 2024 Bronco, thoughts on quality issues and problems? IMG_0067

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey all,
I’m working a deal with my local dealer on a 24 4dr Badlands and I wanted some opinions before I pull the trigger. After reading some threads here I’m a little concerned about quality issues and problems. Anybody care to share their thoughts? I love the bronco but a little spooked by the various problems. Roof noises, electrical gremlins, etc seem to be common. Thanks for the input.
I have a 2021 Bronco, I wouldn't trade it for any other vehicle. I would test-drive one and make sure you like it. Take it up to 80 see what you think about wind noise. Me myself I don't think the wind noise is bad at all. Knock on wood I haven't had any problems other than replacing the hard top.

SkiSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander/Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No issues with my 23 obx sas. its louder than my old Highlander, it's stiffer than my old Highlander. Way more fun than my old Highlander.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco is the most fun vehicle I’ve ever owned. Also super pricey. If you can get over the road noise and occasional weird creaking noises not having a solid roof creates you won’t be disappointed.

I’m a big believer that people choose to fixate on road noise. If you accept it and move on I promise you’ll barely even notice anymore…it’s like living near an airport or train tracks. You just get used to the noise. Haven’t had a single electric gremlin either.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all,
I don't think Broncos have a lot of problems. Most issues were typical first-year new vehicle issues and have been sorted out. One thing that is not a problem per se, but more of a "feature" is that it's louder than a typical vehicle at freeway speeds. Some people have tackled that with additional weather stripping to block wind noise.

My best recommendation is to decide if you will use this vehicle as intended. The Badlands trim especially, as it is for more adventurous off-roading. If you don't expect to use a front locking differential, disconnecting anti-sway bar and underbody protection plates, there are other trims. If you are going to enjoy rock crawling and such, you can't get a more capable vehicle that also has civilized on-road manners.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey all,
Aye, buy a Bronco and you may breakdown. Buy a Toyota and it'll be reliable -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may be reliable, but they'll never take our freedom!!!

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aye, buy a Bronco and you may breakdown. Buy a Toyota and it'll be reliable -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may be reliable, but they'll never take our freedom!!!
...didn't get dressed up for nothing!

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The most common two issues across all Broncos seem to be manual transmission rattle and hardtop being leaky/defective in some way. The manual trans definitely makes the Bronco and I wouldn’t own one without it, but test drive the vehicle when weather is cold (like 50 degrees and under… colder the better) to make sure no rattle/scraping noise. Take the risk and buy the hardtop whether you want it or not because it’s basically a $7000 Bronco rebate on the used market.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had mine since late 2021, and love every minute driving it! I'm also someone who gets bored of their vehicles quickly, and this is the first one I've owned where I still love it after one year.

No vehicle, new or used, is going to be perfect. But I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Bronco - They're worth every penny! :love:

jowica66

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Big Bend 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I traded my '21 black diamond 4dr soft top for a '24 big bend 2dr hard top last week.

the 2dr vehicle being lighter with a shorter wheelbase is much more nimble and I must admit much more enjoyable/fun. If you're looking for pure driving experience then get the 2dr, otherwise the 4dr as a people mover is still a nice ride. Had I known this in '21 I would have absolutely opted for the 2dr at the time.

I never complained about noise of the soft top or the stereo in my '21 bronco and I can't say the '24 being a hardtop is world's apart in this category. If you're expecting a quiet ride, you're not going to be satisfied with any full-sized Bronco and are probably better suited with an Explorer or even a baby Bronco.

on the negative, the two roof panels are a bitch to put back in place; just don't seem to align correctly. Also the driver's door for some reason made it past quality control at the plant as it doesn't shut tightly without slamming and even then it's recessed 1/8" out of line. Will be having to take time to schedule at the dealership to address these issues.

OpDawg

Outer Banks
First Name
Opie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350 / 23 OBX SAS (3/27/23 Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good stuff. Thanks for all the input. I’ve owned way more new cars than I should over the years and this will be my first ford in the last decade. I’ve had 4 jeeps and I’m currently coming out of a bmw x5. Before that was a Tahoe and a few Silverado pickups. I grabbed the bronco from the dealer for an overnight so I can cruise it a bit. Nice to hear what others have to say before pulling the trigger. And yes, the forums are littered with disgruntled buyers of all kinds. Also tons of great people. Appreciate it.

I will say, if you're coming from an X5, you will be constantly trying to side slap the shifter over into M/T. It's my biggest gripe in the vehicle - I wish it had the BMW shifter so I could toggle gears... Then, IMO, it would be THE PERFECT VEHICLE.

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2022 Basesquatch. I have had no major issues with the car. However, for what it is, it is over priced, at MSRP.
And how much is the new base BB with SAS today? Seems to me like you got a pretty good deal at MSRP. Jeep is not (and was not two years ago) offering that suspension and wheels/tires anywhere near that Base SAS price, and no JL trim level has comfortable seats. You like the vehicle. Consider yourself fortunate with where price has gone with the Bronco. A Jeep Willys with roll-up windows and 255/75/17 (32") and a 5" lame (only plug-in Apple/Android Play) monochrome infotainment was your similar price alternative 2 years ago.

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the 2dr vehicle being lighter with a shorter wheelbase is much more nimble and I must admit much more enjoyable/fun. If you're looking for pure driving experience then get the 2dr, otherwise the 4dr as a people mover is still a nice ride.
Absolutely agree. Love my 2 door. However, not sure if I would have gotten it if I already did not have an Explorer that can seat 7 (put two smallest people in back - and not for long trips) and a lot of cargo with middle and third row seats down. 2 door is a heck of a lot of fun, but I pretty much consider it just a two seater with back seats in a pinch (primarily b/c it is tough to get in and out up high with a lot of ground clearance - not bad for two once sitting). And, the 4 door Bronco is really only a four seater. Three in the back is too tight. Not a prob in my Explorer. All depends on your needs and life situation for 2 or 4 door Bronc. Kids in the house? 4 door Bronc and minivan (or long wheel base Tahoe/Yukon if you can afford it).
Sponsored