Sponsored

Considering buying new 2024 Bronco, thoughts on quality issues and problems?

Lilhoss105

Wildtrak
First Name
Courtland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIC, Carbon Grey, High
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey all,
I’m working a deal with my local dealer on a 24 4dr Badlands and I wanted some opinions before I pull the trigger. After reading some threads here I’m a little concerned about quality issues and problems. Anybody care to share their thoughts? I love the bronco but a little spooked by the various problems. Roof noises, electrical gremlins, etc seem to be common. Thanks for the input.

We love our Bronco.

Noisy at times? -Yeah its an offroad fun vehicle.

Biggest issue is my wife complaining about Carplay and its connectivity hiccups. Shes just impatient, but I love it.

I leave it on Sport mode and haul major ass.

gas mileage= smiles per gallon.

back seat is lacking in depth if that makes sense. We have a car set and the passenger needs to move up the seat to fit the carseat.
Sponsored

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all,
I’m working a deal with my local dealer on a 24 4dr Badlands and I wanted some opinions before I pull the trigger. After reading some threads here I’m a little concerned about quality issues and problems. Anybody care to share their thoughts? I love the bronco but a little spooked by the various problems. Roof noises, electrical gremlins, etc seem to be common. Thanks for the input.
I have a 2022 Badlands, SAS, LUX with over 33,000 miles haven't had an issue. I love my Bronco!

20230510_142428.jpg

20230515_171125.jpg

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just remember it's a Ford. If you have owned a Ford before, you should have a general idea of what to expect. It wont be as nice as a Mercedes, as reliable as a Toyota, but at least it isnt a Chevy. :ROFLMAO:
Dont expect anything on the good side for MPG, nor as quiet as a family SUV, cant carry as much as a Suburban, but you will find that you are driving way more than you expected you would be. 😁

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may be whisltin' past the graveyard, but I've been very happy with my Bronco. The small issues I've had seem easily remedied. I have a bit of road noise/rattlng on the passenger side, but think it's the window adjustment. I've had the open hood sensor go off at inconvenient times (3:00 am). I do think Ford seriously screwed up with the plastic interior parts that scratch if you just look at them funny.

But beyond that ? I couldn't be happier at 33k miles in a little over 1 1/3 years. My only (first world) regret is I didn't t wait for a Heritage model, and trick it out 60's style.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey all,
i have a 2021 black diamond 4dr 2.7 sas the things they say bad are true but the things that they say make up for it all
questoins is do you need a higher end bronco ...maybe not
bd has mid pack big screen sas 2.7 etc why a badlands ..disconnect sway bar lol

Sponsored

billb1000

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all,
I have 21 Bronco OB 2.7 SAS. I waited a long time to get it and have had for 2 years now. I had high expectations for it and after owning it, it exceeded my expectations in the following areas:
- Highly reliable with no problems
- Much better gas mileage than I thought -- can get up to 24 mpg on trips and averages around 20
- Engine is much peppier than I thought
- Handles well -- fun to drive
- More comfortable on long trips than expected -- seats are great and noise is tolerable
- Most rewarding vehicle I have ever owned-- puts smile on your face every time you drive it.
Don't miss out on owning one. I doubt than any Toyota 4 Runner, or any other vehicle, can provide the level of fun that a Bronco delivers every day.

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it the important thing, to start, is to recognize what it is you're buying. This isn't an Explorer or another crossover. This is a true sport utility 4x4. That means some of the complaints about them are related to the nature of the beast.

That said, I think many have experienced quality issues. I haven't had any at all, and it's hard to say whether that is the majority or not. I was nervous with all that too, but I have been absolutely pleased with my purchase, and kind of wish I'd gone with Badlands over my Black Diamond. I drove a Badlands at Off Roadeo and was absolutely impressed with what it could do.

It's been a fun vehicle to drive either way, and I just wish I had existing 4x4 friends who lived close by to wheel with.

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Roof road noise and Windows whistle noises are pretty common.
My hood flutter when I go slightly faster than the highway speed limit.
These are really minor annoyances for me. I can deal with it.

What annoys me is that most of the undercarriage driveline components and bolts are not coated/rust proofed. I had to craw under that myself to spay protective coating on it. If you live in NE this is something you should be considering doing.
Not to hijack this thread, but....
Would this lead to surface/cosmetic rust of major rust issues?
Also, would a ziebart protection take care of these components underneath?
What about undercarriage car washes on a consistent basis during the winter months?
I'm from WI and am a bit concerned about making sure my ride stays as rust free as possible. By the way, most of my other dailies have been "beaters" that I only wash once during the winter when spring time would come and the salt was gone...

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey all,
My ‘23 4dr BB Sas has been perfect in 9 months and 9k miles. No lights on dash, rattles, squeaks or groans. Mine’s a soft top so yes, they’re loud at high speed. It’s also shaped like a barn so it pushes a lot of air aside at high speed. 75 is the sweet spot for mine, above that fuel economy plummets and noise rises exponentially as the Bronco is essentially creating Hurricane like winds in its wake. If you want silence, buy a Lexus ES. But the Bronco is a helluva lot more fun.

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First, the Bronco is not an SUV. It is an off-road vehicle that is approved for road use. Second, this site also has a few folks who have complained the turn signal indicator is too loud. That pretty much sums it up.
LOL... That was the first thing my wife complained about when she drove it..
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Onestepmore

Badlands
First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all,
Pull the trigger...you'll love the new Bronco. I have a 2023 Badlands Sasquatch loaded with 7000 miles now. I sold my 2015 Jeep Rubicon and the Bronco is a much better vehicle on and off road in my opinion of course. I am 69 and never had an extended warranty but did get it on this one...there is a LOT of electronics and I suspect they will be expensive if they fail...just a thought. I also have the 2.7 twin turbo with the 10 speed auto...it's pretty quick and in the econo mode I get 18 to 21 MPG...if you have any questions ask me...I'm an old gear head...64 Chevelle, 67 Chevelle, 70 Nova, 78 Jeep, 1985 Toyota 4 Runner, 2015 Jeep Rubicon and 2018 Honda Civic SI...I loved them all one way or another but the Bronco has always been one I wanted and now I have it!!!

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s a blast to drive. 11,000 miles in and I haven’t had a single problem as a daily driver. I have both tops, neither are quiet, but that comes with the territory of a removable top. The pros far outweigh the cons.

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Like many have said, what do you expect?!
Fun & smiles with every ride? Hike up into that high seat and rough ride it; give that knowing nod to other Bronco drivers and an appreciative sign of “thank goodness we’re done with Jeeps” when seeing a Wrangler. We’ve had absolutely no issues past the initial ouch of the purchase price. It was love at first sight and is love at every glance in the garage, every ride, wash, fill-up. It’s nostalgic. Yes, there has been a rare, very occasional/fleeting moment with the electronics - as in any vehicle. No need for dealer intervention; it passes. We typically trade sometimes 2-3 x a year (everyone has their addictions)! The Bronco is a KEEPER!
“…oh, dang, I forgot to get…..be right back.”
Go get yourself one. It’s healthy to smile everyday!

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just picked up my 2024 2-door big bend a couple of weeks ago.
I too hesitated when hearing some of the complaints and problems on the forum, but I experienced the same thing when I was contemplating purchasing my Shelby GT350. Some of the Mustang6g.com forum threads made me want to run away and hide in the corner at times. At the end of the day you have to decide if the risk (minimal in my opinion) is worth the rewards that can come.
As many have said here, it's all about mindset and what you expect this 4x4 to be. I came from a 2016 CX-5 which was not refined or ultra quiet on the highway so my fears of hwy noise were reduced once I started driving the Bronco. Is it "louder" at times? Yes, depending upon the wind speed, direction, etc but no where near as bad as I was imagining.

It's been a roller coaster of emotions for me. I really love this truck, the looks, driving experience, etc. But I've had to get used to sitting up higher, driving a bigger vehicle; it's been awkward at times, like wearing a new pair of shoes.

I am going to invest in the Bestop Sunrider for Summer.. super pumped about this, but it may come with the compromise of a bit more noise which I am ok with.
I also have never driven in a jeep or any vehicle with the roof, doors off; this summer will be my first journey into the "Jurassic Park" experience. Really looking forward to it.
Good luck with your decision, but I think you will be missing out if you don't take the leap.
Ford Bronco Considering buying new 2024 Bronco, thoughts on quality issues and problems? 20240210_210444092_iOS

Last edited:

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We love our Bronco.

Noisy at times? -Yeah its an offroad fun vehicle.

Biggest issue is my wife complaining about Carplay and its connectivity hiccups. Shes just impatient, but I love it.

I leave it on Sport mode and haul major ass.

gas mileage= smiles per gallon.

back seat is lacking in depth if that makes sense. We have a car set and the passenger needs to move up the seat to fit the carseat.
I just did the latest Apple Update and now my CarPlay is finicky. I suspect this is an Apple Problem, not a Ford Problem. It still beats the pants off any pre Apple CarPlay Toyota product. I’m thinking it takes a few days for the vehicle to update around the latest Apple iOS.
Sponsored