Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[

Yeah, Phoenix/Valley of the Sun. We'd go to Nellis Air Force Base outside of Vegas on business trips and the guys would say "sorry it's so hot", and we're thinking, "Hot??? It's 10 degrees cooler than back home"
Meanwhile in Reno...

Weather is bipolar, it’ll be 80 degrees in May for 2 weeks straight then it’ll drop to the 40s, go back up to the mid 70s, and then snow for three days...
Sponsored

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Given your username, it looks like you live in AZ, so it’s pretty clear why you wouldn’t want heated seats 😂 but my god after a day of skiing or even just a day that dips into the single digits here in northern Nevada, heated seats are a godsend. I’m sure other in areas that get cold af understand that as well lol
Surface of the sun is more like it... I lived in AZ for 40 of my 45 years. Grew up in Tucson, college in Flagstaff, wife’s law school in Tucson, 11 year sentence in Scottsdale starting our careers, then moved back to Flagstaff. Flagstaff is prime territory for heated seats. We moved to Cape Cod for a great career opportunity in October 2020. I do miss my gun rights, but love being near the ocean. Here are some pictures that summarize the changes.

This kind of wheelin doesn’t exist in MA. My 87 had dual ARB lockers and a long travel (17” articulation) coilover setup I built. A far cry from Nauset beach.

Ford Bronco Considering switching to base model instead of Badlands 1FBFC81A-28B8-4A34-A369-9A2B6C66EFCB

Ford Bronco Considering switching to base model instead of Badlands 22A0B189-99E0-4937-BA9F-8B0598B4B94F
Ford Bronco Considering switching to base model instead of Badlands B9302BA4-8D34-4848-9D0A-39E29DD0A2F0
Ford Bronco Considering switching to base model instead of Badlands 1C8478FF-FB81-4B7F-A1BB-3B02803F92C1
Ford Bronco Considering switching to base model instead of Badlands 786BF350-ED3F-4C17-AF10-AA663F498D9A
Ford Bronco Considering switching to base model instead of Badlands 7F009848-8EFB-43D4-903D-F9E481C6404D

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here we are two months later and I’m still debating changing to Base. As the first Bronco’s are delivered the people getting the base seem more excited than everyone else. Can I do without MGV…

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m surprised how well equipped the base model is for the money...

On the beach, no rock crawling or major offroading in Massachusetts.

I ’d be saving $17,500 on the purchase price, more than 1/3 of the price.

factory tow package
keyless entry
bigger tires
heated seats
lockers and sway bar disconnect
steel bumpers and bash plates

A manual transmission is a must, so base Sasquatch isn’t an option. If I were going auto I’d have to go 2.7L also.
Tow Package - this is definitely something that you can add, maybe not as nicely integrated, but certainly easy enough to overcome (order the upfitter switches and you would probably have an easy way to get power back there).

Keyless Entry - can probably be added with Forscan. There was some talk about adding that after delivery already.

Bigger tires/rims - get the ones you really like.

Heated seats - you might be stuck on that one or maybe you can use the upfitter switches to achieve that too...

Lockers and SBD - while the SBD seems to not be important, the lack of at least a rear locker would be a deal breaker for me. On the beach however, you could probably get away with it. Also no advanced 4x4 transfer case is a bummer.

Steel bumper and bash plate - easy aftermarket or reclaimed from upgraded Broncos.

So really, you are giving up rather little for a huge savings. Especially if you were never going to go high or lux package.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
BASIC BASE BASE , I changed from OBX to base with no frills ( well I did go for the aux. switches )and nothing else . I can add as I go after I run it awhile and see how it all feels and preforms on the runs to the beer store :ROFLMAO: ;):p
first thing will be bigger tires on the steelies. estimate cost x5 , @ 1100.00

I had OBX at 50k with leather , etc, etc. 2.7 , AT, lots of bells whistles dropped it down to $32,080.
for 18k difference I can put else where. and have change left over
this is Fords own fault for taking to long to build , so Ford loses out on some extra coins from me
reserved in Dec.'20' placed order in Jan20 '21'

think about it guys 18k savings and I still have a nice Bronco. thats all I want .
not a rock climber , beach sand bum . just a occasional hunting trip .
2D , Rapid Red ,2.3 , AT , aux switches BAM !!!
Well here I am 3 months later and I changed back to OBX with Rapid Red but I dropped the 2.7 & other stuff and went down to about 42k , to much time on my hands at this point ford keeps dragging their feet and I am trying hard not to bother my salesman / dealer . have changed 4 times already

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just typed this out in another thread, but it makes more sense here.

I’m contemplating changing to base to save $17K. I know I’m giving up a lot if I do that, but my thought is that the next refresh in 3-4 years will be an even better Bronco and I can trade up. The risk is that the 2 door or the manual is discontinued in that time. On the other side of the equation, I have 3 buddy’s with sons that will be of driving age in 3-4 years. First off I need to teach them how to drive a manual, secondly a base Bronco would be a great first car for one of them.

Another factor is that I have a work truck and my wife has a 2021 Tacoma lease for 3 more years. If my wife were immediately daily driving the Bronco I’d want her to have all the safety stuff. As it stands the Bronco will be a weekend toy for me for its first three years. I’m not going to cancel, but the base in the garage as a toy makes more sense than spending $17K more on a Badlands.

What I don’t want to do is buy the base to save money, then end up spending $10K in aftermarket to upgrade it. I’m hoping I can buy a couple thousand dollars worth of take off parts from guys upgrading higher trims.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some food for thought:
I've been camp BL for a long while now, and it is my order.
However, looking at what the costs are, added features (wanted vs. needed), etc. I'm now at a crossroads when it actually comes time to remove it from 99 status.
Basically back to square 1 deciding 2 or 4 dr, trim level, etc.
Reasons:
4DR BL with high gives you gobs of great amenities, a big screen, SBD. 2 Dr. isn't a lot cheaper and comes in north of 50k.
In really looking at what I love most, I could go BaseSquatch 2 dr, add Bartact covers, BedRug (or BedTred) floor covering and nix the carpet and have a weather-friendly interior again. At a much lower cost.
I run neoprene covers and a Raptor-lined floor in my TJ and have 0 issues. Haven't had the top up on it since early June.
Hose it down, wipe it down and roll on. I want to do BedTred in it, but am keeping my savings and eyes on the Bronco prize and not sinking cash in it.
And honestly, driving it steers me more towards simpler and cheaper. Even a BaseSquatch is going to be on a totally different planet compared to it, and I absolutely LOVE driving it. I find reasons to "go to town" just to get out in it.

I'd be giving up the 12" screen, SBD, a few luxury items.
I figure we can do the remote start with the app (necessity here in winter, sometimes, as some winters it barely gets below 32, some winters it stays 15 for 3 weeks straight). I can add aftermarket seat heaters as well for an affordable amount of cash. Aux Switch option a must here.

I tell ya, it's hella tempting.
Inputting the same down payment, same terms, it saves me $200 a month, every month. And if one applied $200 to frivolous upgrades, it's a boatload of opportunity. A lot you can do with an additional $2400 a year, every year.

It's a struggle.
I was content and a load off of my shoulders finally deciding on my BL build. Now back to second guessing all that with time on my hands.
Good luck figuring it out.

Last edited:

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The base is an insane value compared to the other trims. Initially was set on BD with a 2.7 but changed to baseSquatch because it still has more features than my current ride. Only option I want but cannot have is the upgraded stereo which I'm sure I'll be able to go aftermarket somewhere at some point.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here we are two months later and I’m still debating changing to Base. As the first Bronco’s are delivered the people getting the base seem more excited than everyone else. Can I do without MGV…
See my above rant.
With the money you save Bartact or Kryptec seat covers and a washout floor covering is more than paid for.
So as much as I love the MGV, it is entirely possible and easy to have a weather-friendly interior with a bit of investment in it. Looking at probably less than $1500 to do it all.
It's a tough call.
But O so tempting.

Aviationtech101

Base
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m in the same boat here. Started with a wildtrak, then after hearing about how the higher trims were kind of lacking certain things, I just decided that the basesquatch will be just as fun. I’ll add an aftermarket tow package and juice up the stereo and I’m done. Saved myself 10k over the WT with Lux. I don’t need heated seats and all that in Florida.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)