Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ND Miata, Land Rover Defender 110, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At risk of being "that guy"....I'm going to go on record as saying if you are legitimately making a determination that you can't afford a 2.7 on 35s because you are retiring so you will 'settle' for some other config that gets 2-3mpg more then you can't afford a new car, especially not a Bronco. Buy a used Honda for maximum frugality. Or get used Jeep Wrangler (or better yet, a Tacoma) that you can run for a couple of years and lose next to nothing in depreciation.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going to be that guy that says...gulp....look at a Jeep with the 2.0 and auto. They are supposedly getting in the mid 20's mpg and reportedly have good power.

I'm also looking at retiring in two years (well 12/31/2022 to be exact), but have been saving for a sizeable down payment and have recently paid the house off! I'll be working part-time somewhere and my wife will still be working for at least a couple more years. So we decided that the 2.3 Base Sasquatch 4DR would be just fine. I've spent the last 13 years in a 2006 F-150 extended cab longbed 4x4 at like 12 mpg, so the Bronco will actually an mpg upgrade.

Honestly, for what I'd really use a vehicle for, the Maverick is looking really nice. I've just always wanted a Bronco and I'm buying it.
Sponsored