First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, before ever owning my bronco, I have never offroaded of any kind. Did some mudding in 4 wheelers when I was younger but that's about it. I have been a avid mtb and as my adventures were putting in the market for a 4x4 vehicle. Saw an ad for a bronco and just knew I wanted it. Made a reservation and all that fun stuff and received my bronco in December. Big Bend sasquatch. Been absolutely loving it. But now I love to offroad and have quickly realized cleaning cloth seats and carpet is a pain. Really wish I would have gotten a washout interior model but at the time of ordering it seemed pretty silly since I didn't ever expect to offroad it as much as I have. So my question to you Bronco 6g is has anyone changed out the flooring? Or seat covers? Can you do it since the badlands and BD have drain plugs? How do you clean you cloth seats or what can i invest in to make cleaning easier haha. Love my bronco and all the memories and friends I have made with it already. Just wish I could take a hose to it lol Picture just for fun

20220623_093644.jpg
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
All Bronco's have the same drains in the floor pan (some are just plugged). Haven't heard of anyone converting to washouts yet, but it should be doable.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While all Broncos have drain plugs, the BL and BD (and now EG) have different stamped floor pans from the others so I don't think a floor swap is possible.

Get yourself some good floor liners and seat covers or replacements. Pretty sure Katzkin makes MGV replacements and another forum sponsor has some tight fitting MGV covers that looked good.

Edit. Visually confirmed floor pans are the same.

Last edited:

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

While all Broncos have drain plugs, the BL and BD (and now EG) have different stamped floor pans from the others so I don't think a floor swap is possible.

Get yourself some good floor liners and seat covers or replacements. Pretty sure Katzkin makes MGV replacements and another forum sponsor has some tight fitting MGV covers that looked good.
I’d like to know the source of this info? I’ve been trying for months to get part numbers for the rubber flooring. If I have to I’ll probably have the floor line x’d and buy the plugs. It would cost Ford a fortune to have two different floor pans. From what I’ve read they are the same all with passive drains. In carpet models the active drain is plugged from what I’ve read. Here’s my floor pan with the plugged drain hole.
Ford Bronco Converting to washout interior? E2EA01BF-74D6-49C8-92ED-2003646EF79B

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d like to know the source of this info?
I would have to get in my way back machine and search. Just remember having these conversations sometime after the reveal.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’d drill my own hole if needed. I was hoping armorlite would produce s a floor for the bronco but so far it’s not happened. I’ve emailed and they said they have had a few requests.

Last edited:

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone at some point pulled their carpets and did a spray in bed liner. Can't remember who.

OP
OP

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All Bronco's have the same drains in the floor pan (some are just plugged). Haven't heard of anyone converting to washouts yet, but it should be doable.
Interesting, hopefully there is someone out there that has

OP
OP

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Thought about the katzkin route and my problem with liners is I just don't want it to pool up. But the husky ones might be what I go for. Currently have the Ford ones.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’d like to know the source of this info? I’ve been trying for months to get part numbers for the rubber flooring. If I have to I’ll probably have the floor line x’d and buy the plugs. It would cost Ford a fortune to have two different floor pans. From what I’ve read they are the same all with passive drains. In carpet models the active drain is plugged from what I’ve read. Here’s my floor pan with the plugged drain hole.
Ford Bronco Converting to washout interior? plus-difference (2)
It would seem like a unnecessary cost for ford to have 2 different floor plans

OP
OP

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’d drill my own hole if needed. I was hoping armalite would produce s a floor for the bronco but so far it’s not happened. I’ve emailed and they said they have had a few requests.
Cool to know companies do this sort of thing tho. Will have to keep my eye out

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Someone at some point pulled their carpets and did a spray in bed liner. Can't remember who.
I’m almost there sick of carpet trucks should not have carpet. Convertible trucks especially. My thoughts with a lined floor is I could have better drain channels made so water actually goes towards the drain.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here’s my floor pan with the plugged drain hole.
Didn't see your pic the first time. I slid under my BL to compare and it looks like your pan with the exception of a different plug inserted. Edited original post.

timbal1963

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 VB WT, 22&23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So, before ever owning my bronco, I have never offroaded of any kind. Did some mudding in 4 wheelers when I was younger but that's about it. I have been a avid mtb and as my adventures were putting in the market for a 4x4 vehicle. Saw an ad for a bronco and just knew I wanted it. Made a reservation and all that fun stuff and received my bronco in December. Big Bend sasquatch. Been absolutely loving it. But now I love to offroad and have quickly realized cleaning cloth seats and carpet is a pain. Really wish I would have gotten a washout interior model but at the time of ordering it seemed pretty silly since I didn't ever expect to offroad it as much as I have. So my question to you Bronco 6g is has anyone changed out the flooring? Or seat covers? Can you do it since the badlands and BD have drain plugs? How do you clean you cloth seats or what can i invest in to make cleaning easier haha. Love my bronco and all the memories and friends I have made with it already. Just wish I could take a hose to it lol Picture just for fun

Ford Bronco Converting to washout interior? plus-difference (2)
I’m sure @flip can help with this. Do a quick scan of his posts.
Sponsored