Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They just need to offer it. Have a stipulation about the venting/getting it wet.

That's the main reason.

They just need to let those that want it get it if they want to (everyone but those that love to get their wet)
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They just need to offer it. Have a stipulation about the venting/getting it wet.

That's the main reason.

They just need to let those that want it get it if they want to (everyone but those that love to get their wet)
Agree. Its not like they don't have the technology or how to, same f150 controls, charge me $1500 for perf seats and another $500 for the cooled seat option, I’ll buy it. 4dr Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7, lux package, hard top, I’m already going to be north of $55k, whats another $2k at that point?

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just a FYI on the cooled seats.

Ford totally botched the cooled seats on the F150 and Edge Models (Wife has one). There are tons of threads about it on their forums and it seems Ford might have dropped cooled seats for now. On the Ford Edge Sport we have it cools then will heat up as the air has no vent in to get cold air consistently. So I suspect this is the reason you do not see them.

Ford claimed to have a "Fix" for them, it also didn't work and after 5 years still no fix....

Sponsored

makatron

Badlands
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu D-Max 3.0L 4-cylinder diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, things just a little more interesting...

1595907123348.jpeg

So, if Ford is piping cold AC under the seats to cool rear passenger feet (lol), it seems like a simple step to route that puppy up into the seat. I had earlier wondered if Ford had concerns about water and muck getting into a seat cooler, but if they have an open vent sitting on the floor of a 4DR, the seat looks like a no brainer.
Such design oversight for rear seat comfort though. Nice job Ford!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So, things just a little more interesting...
So, if Ford is piping cold AC under the seats to cool rear passenger feet (lol), it seems like a simple step to route that puppy up into the seat. I had earlier wondered if Ford had concerns about water and muck getting into a seat cooler, but if they have an open vent sitting on the floor of a 4DR, the seat looks like a no brainer.
While I would prefer to have cooled seats as a first choice, second choice would be a seat fan, both these of course require perforated seats. Lacking the first two, I would gladly take the Sport Bronco style perforated seats as at least the holes allow for natural cooling convective air flow.

Note to Ford: Please plan a trip in one of your Test Broncos to a southern hot state this summer, such as Texas. We will provide you, free of charge, a complete summer heat and humidity experience. In your first 5 minutes you will see how all your clothes are drenched with sweat. Than as your experience continues through the day, when the temperature reaches 93, the heat index / feels like temperature will be 103. When the temperature hits 100, the heat index / feels like temperature will be 112. At this point, as you are gasping for a breath, you will find your fingers reaching for the Cooled Seat Button in your Test Broncos, only to discover it is missing.

Note to Toccoa: Could you please tweet this to Mike Levine and ask him for a reply (I don't tweet)?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I would prefer to have cooled seats as a first choice, second choice would be a seat fan, both these of course require perforated seats. Lacking the first two, I would gladly take the Sport Bronco style perforated seats as at least the holes allow for natural cooling convective air flow.

Note to Ford: Please plan a trip in one of your Test Broncos to a southern hot state this summer, such as Texas. We will provide you, free of charge, a complete summer heat and humidity experience. In your first 5 minutes you will see how all your clothes are drenched with sweat. Than as your experience continues through the day, when the temperature reaches 93, the heat index / feels like temperature will be 103. When the temperature hits 100, the heat index / feels like temperature will be 112. At this point, as you are gasping for a breath, you will find your fingers reaching for the Cooled Seat Button in your Test Broncos, only to discover it is missing.

Note to Toccoa: Could you please tweet this to Mike Levine and ask him for a reply (I don't tweet)?
where the 2 guys in the broncos are and out and about driving around here in CO and Denver, we are in the 90s and they're between 5200-10000' closer to the sun depending on which trails they're hitting.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a FYI on the cooled seats.

Ford totally botched the cooled seats on the F150 and Edge Models (Wife has one). There are tons of threads about it on their forums and it seems Ford might have dropped cooled seats for now. On the Ford Edge Sport we have it cools then will heat up as the air has no vent in to get cold air consistently. So I suspect this is the reason you do not see them.

Ford claimed to have a "Fix" for them, it also didn't work and after 5 years still no fix....
interesting. I have a '17 f150 and I haven't noticed any issues with my cooled seats over the few years of using them. Are you saying this has been an issue for awhile?

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

where the 2 guys in the broncos are and out and about driving around here in CO and Denver, we are in the 90s and they're between 5200-10000' closer to the sun depending on which trails they're hitting.
I understand, I have lived in Colorado, the humidity is bone dry compared to the southern states oppressive humidity. When they are done testing in Colorado please send them to Texas.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this is what I’m going to do.
they offer perf seats as Ive already explored this option to combat my wife when she finds out they're not offered in her bronco. But the big question is, and I doubt the katzkin installers know this yet or not, but I know in the gladiator, they won't installed the degrees setup due to sensors in the 2 front seats. I'm in the middle of planning out my gladiator order and this is the only thing Im stuck on but it sounds like I'll need to be the one who installs the degrees setup since they can't due to legal reasons in the seats and then the katzkin installer will install the leather w/ perf and warranty their work.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand, I have lived in Colorado, the humidity is bone dry compared to the southern states oppressive humidity. When they are done testing in Colorado please send them to Texas.
true, that's why I moved away from hot humid FL, not as hot as TX but 110% humidity if there is such a thing, and came out here to CO.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

true, that's why I moved away from hot humid FL, not as hot as TX but 110% humidity if there is such a thing, and came out here to CO.
Yes, Florida along with many other states need cooled seats as well. I was on a work assignment to Florida once, we were working outdoors, at midnight, with sweat running down our faces, I agree, it had to be 110% humidity. In fact, the electronic camera sensor I was testing failed due to the humidity. I had to go home a design and a hermetically sealed enclosure to protect it before we could go back and retest.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This! As they say in the South. It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity.
Sponsored