Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have the Milwaukee m18? At work it’s a beast. Much better than the desalt we used to have.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have all DeWalt, but Milwaukee, or Makita are excellent as well. Bosch is also good.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a snap-on and loved it...finally died this last winter and plan to replace it with a Milwaukee m18 to go along with my m12. if I did not already have the m12 I would replace the snap-on with a newer snap-on.

Sponsored

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would say the best would be snap on, but for the money I would go with Milwaukee. Even at work I’ve switched over to Milwaukee cordless. Home Depot has pretty good sales on Milwaukee pretty often.

OP
OP

Fumey

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow! Ask and you shall receive! Thanks for the input! Milwaukee looks to be the favorite.

I'll ask... what do you intend to use it for? It's not a simple question. If you have no other cordless tools, then you first need to decide what battery format you want to use. Battery format dictates what other cordelss tools you may want to get.

For example, Milwaukee has the Fuel series in M12 and M18. M12 has a lot of great tools in a small compact size (tool and battery). The M18 Fuel series has most of the same type of tools that are just bigger. But bigger is not always better.

I have a lot of M12 Milwaukee tools. I recently bought the M12 1/2-inch drive impact gun. It will not remove lug nuts/bolts, but handles just about everything else I've thrown at it. But I already have shop air and a great impact gun for big stuff. The M18 version will definitely handle wheel fasteners because the battery is bigger and therefore the motor is bigger and stronger. But that makes all the other M18 tools bigger too, where they may not fit in certain applications.

You see the issue and why I asked.
I’ll be purchasing a second set of wheels/tires specifically for off-road and also want something portable to manually disconnect/connect the sway bar. Haven’t bought a power tool in a few decades, still using my 25 year old Milwaukee Sawzall . Good to know Milwaukee is still reliable brand!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Milwaukee. There is no other logical choice.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been eyeballing a Makita 18V impact myself, they offer many 4-5 models that I can't really tell apart past 3/8" drive vs 1/2" drive.

I currently bring an 18V sub-compact Makita hammer drill/driver with me camping, I use it to set my 8" lag bolts as my tent stakes, because using a hammer is for suckers! I also bring their utility light that runs off the same battery which is crazy useful.

Today with Makita 18V I have:

Compact Circular Saw (uses two batteries)
Sub-Compact Drill/Driver
Sub-Compact Hammer Drill/Driver
Sub-Compact Impact Driver
Leaf Blower
Hand Vac
Utility Light

4 x 5.0mah batteries
2 x 2.0mah batteries
dual charger
single charger
adapter which lets you charge USB devices off the batteries

Having to start over today, I would probably pick Milwaukee, their tool prices seem more reasonable and of equal quality.

Sponsored

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ll be purchasing a second set of wheels/tires specifically for off-road and also want something portable to manually disconnect/connect the sway bar. Haven’t bought a power tool in a few decades, still using my 25 year old Milwaukee Sawzall . Good to know Milwaukee is still reliable brand!
I still have my old Milwaukee Sawzall. It's in a drawer somewhere, because I haven't touched it since I bought my M18 Sawzall. The cordless version kicks ass, and it's so portable you can even use it to prune trees around the property.

If you haven't started switching to cordless tools, it's time. They are amazing, and the reason I chose Milwaukee is they are powerful and reliable, there's a huge lineup of tools you didn't even know you needed, and they are readily available at Home Depot and Northern Tool.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those more knowledgable: I'm in the same boat as OP and shopping for one of these, I saw someone suggest mid torque. I'm looking at the Makita 18V XWT14Z - 1/2" drive with 430lbs "busting" torque and 240lbs of fastening. That seems appropriate.

Is there a proper technique then for using this when putting lugs back on a wheel (besides the pattern?) Do you use the impact wrench to fasten each one, then hit each one with a torque wrench? I've never used one so I'm mostly just concerned about the wrench destroying the hardware.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Been using my Ryobi 18v for years, works great! Have many of the tools and yard equipment, all have been very good.

white_dc

First Name
b
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Budget choice either Rigid or Ryobi 1/2" Impact wrench
My personal choice is the Milwaukee 1/2" mid torque GEN2. Specifically the Gen2 since I like the more compact size.
Sponsored