Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious, that one has triple the torque of the Makita I asked about earlier. My second set of questions stand though, so now instead of 245lbs of torque i've got over 700. How do you not rip the bolts right off the wheel hub when putting things back on?
Easy, use a torque stick extension. They work great.

Steelman 1/2-Inch Drive 100 ft-lb Torque Extension for Impact Wrench, 8-inch Extension, Corrosion-Resistant Powder-Coated Steel, Gray https://a.co/d/f1kHvtu

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Milwaukee is easily the best
Yes, and if you plan on using it a lot I'd recommend the Fuel version. The m18 batteries work in all their M18 tools. Don't get the M12 (12V) crap, never enough torque or battery life.

I'm an electrician and have used Milwaukee for about three years and have about a half dozen at home too. They're expensive though. There's nothing wrong with a cheaper Ryobi, DeWalt, or Makita or Rigid for periodic home use.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Milwaukee M12 Fuel 3/8” impact is my go to. I have the M18 in mid torque and high torque as needed.

Milwaukee went after the professional user market hard 5-6 years ago and are killing it. I have probably 15-20 different tools including the M18 right angle die grinder, M18 inflator, M18 7” polisher, etc.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, and if you plan on using it a lot I'd recommend the Fuel version. The m18 batteries work in all their M18 tools. Don't get the M12 (12V) crap, never enough torque or battery life.

I'm an electrician and have used Milwaukee for about three years and have about a half dozen at home too. They're expensive though. There's nothing wrong with a cheaper Ryobi, DeWalt, or Makita or Rigid for periodic home use.
I swapped to mostly M12 Fuel tools for general use, there is no lack of power at 12v. My M12 Fuel Surge impact will drive lags all day with a few batteries while being 1/2 the size of the M18 stuff. When out junkyarding I got 3 tool bags down to a single tool bag, much more efficient for me. I gave a buddy who was interested in the Milwaukee M18 drill and surge combo set for free last week just to get it out of my garage. I have plenty of M18 stuff, like the angle grinder, box vacuum, big impact, leaf blower, hedge trimmer, chainsaw, etc.

Sponsored

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dewalt is the best because that is what I use, what I use is better than anyone elses;)

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm in the Dewalt battery system. I like them.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Easy, use a torque stick extension. They work great.

Steelman 1/2-Inch Drive 100 ft-lb Torque Extension for Impact Wrench, 8-inch Extension, Corrosion-Resistant Powder-Coated Steel, Gray https://a.co/d/f1kHvtu
I haven't done much auto work, beyond oil changes, since I was in highschool and that was a bit ago. I was wondering how folks use these impact wrenches, especially the ones with insanely high torque numbers, without over tightening. So when I saw this I was like..
Ford Bronco Cordless impact wrench chirs-farley-shocked

Jdm89

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im gonna go ahead and put myself out there on this one. But what about the kobalt line? The reason i ask is I have been eyeballing the 1/2 inch xtr impact and was about to pull the trigger on one

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I swapped to mostly M12 Fuel tools for general use, there is no lack of power at 12v. My M12 Fuel Surge impact will drive lags all day with a few batteries while being 1/2 the size of the M18 stuff. When out junkyarding I got 3 tool bags down to a single tool bag, much more efficient for me. I gave a buddy who was interested in the Milwaukee M18 drill and surge combo set for free last week just to get it out of my garage. I have plenty of M18 stuff, like the angle grinder, box vacuum, big impact, leaf blower, hedge trimmer, chainsaw, etc.
I agree, the M12 Fuel is fine for those who aren't using the tool all day, every day. If you have 2 battery packs you're good to go on just about anything.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, the M12 Fuel is fine for those who aren't using the tool all day, every day. If you have 2 battery packs you're good to go on just about anything.
Most (60-70%) of the pro mechanics I know (worked as a consultant in dealerships for 14 years) have swapped to M12 tools for most things, and the M18 mid torque or high torque impacts for heavy duty work. There are some die hard air tool users, and some tool truck brand battery tool users, but Milwaukee is dominating that space these days. The M12 3/8” stubby impact wrench does lug nuts torqued to 150 ft/lb just fine.
Sponsored