First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow! Ask and you shall receive! Thanks for the input! Milwaukee looks to be the favorite.

I’ll be purchasing a second set of wheels/tires specifically for off-road and also want something portable to manually disconnect/connect the sway bar. Haven’t bought a power tool in a few decades, still using my 25 year old Milwaukee Sawzall . Good to know Milwaukee is still reliable brand!
If you are doing lugs get a torque bar rated for whatever the torque of the Bronco lug nuts are. Makes it much quicker
Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why not try pneumatic tools ,powerful,no charging,no batteries and once you get your hands on a high speed cutoff wheel your life will be changed
Just another option

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why not try pneumatic tools ,powerful,no charging,no batteries and once you get your hands on a high speed cutoff wheel your life will be changed
Just another option
I can answer that from my own personal perspective. I still have - and use - my air tools and compressor. I've used air tools for as long as I can remember. But the new generation of cordless tools is just so damn efficient and convenient. When I can get my work close to my garage (forget about inside it, too much stuff), I'll often use the air tools. But often, I have to do a job more than 40-50 feet from the shop, and I would have had to move everything around, or hook up a bunch of air hoses. Breaking out the cordless stuff is much quicker and easier. And some of those tools are actually more useful to work with. I haven't touched my air drill or air ratchet in forever. If I was starting from scratch and had to choose one system, cordless or air, I would go with cordless at this point...

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dewalt XR 1/2" drive.

Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dewalt XR 1/2" drive.
I know the DeWalt tools are good, plenty of my friend swear by them - but they lost me as a customer 5 or so years back. Bought a cordless weedeater to replaced an ancient 2 stroke I got tired of rebuilding the carb on. Used it ONCE. And it died. Had to take it to a DeWalt service center (about 1hr from me). When I dropped it off, the guy put it in a 55 gal plastic drum. There were 5 or 6 of these drums FULL of DeWalt weedeaters needing to be fixed.

After 2 weeks they call me - tell me it couldn't be fixed, they will just replace it. Went to pick it up at the same place. The line of barrels had grown, full of DeWalt weedeaters, and now large boxes also full of them. I sold it immediately (never even opened the box). Bought an Echo 2 stroke and simply use premix non-ethanol fuel. Not a single issue with it. Fires up easily every Spring.

Went to Milwaukee Fuel tools (got a deal at a local store where they gave a me a good chunk of credit for trading in my older DeWalt stuff. I will never buy another cordless tool that isn't Milwaukee. Framing nailer is epic. Worked the HELL out of it last Summer and it's great to not have to break out the small compressor or run a LONG air line from the big boy. I have the 1/4" impact as well as the drill - all work great.

Haven't bought the 1/2" impact yet because I happen to have a really stout air impact that has never failed me yet.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious, that one has triple the torque of the Makita I asked about earlier. My second set of questions stand though, so now instead of 245lbs of torque i've got over 700. How do you not rip the bolts right off the wheel hub when putting things back on?
Just like shooting, with trigger control. Start the nut by hand to ensure no cross threading then run them up snug with the impact, maybe ONE ugga Dugga, and finish by hand with a torque wrench. Or use torque sticks.

Sponsored

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a Ryobi as it was cheap. It worked ok. Since then I acquired a slightly used DeWalt 20 volt max XR 1/2' impact and it is way, I mean way, better. But the Ryobi is a good travel companion that is cheap and you won't cry if it disappears.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had this DeWalt MAX impact wrench for several years and remove wheels several times a year on four vehicles. It's never skipped a beat.

https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCF899B-Brushless-Torque-Impact/dp/B00WJA1J68

I saw the guy above had a DeWalt weedeater problem. I have the (maybe newer?) XR weedeater, mower and blower for several years. All have worked flawlessly.

I've had a DeWalt drill driver from almost 10 years ago that has extensive work on home reno projects that works as well as the day I bought it.

I was already bought into the 20v MAX line so this was an easy choice.

If you're starting from scratch I'd consider DeWalt or Milwaukee. Both have a really diverse line of cordless, long lasting tools. Brushless motors have really changed the cordless tool game for DIYers and pros alike.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

DeWalt. Have a huge collection going back to the 18V days. Current XR line is awesome. Haven't had one single issue or broken tool, other than that POS weedeater referenced above. If you would have stuck with it you would of gotten a replacement with the revised XR model, which is great.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you using it for? And what torque values are needed? A lot of people here are going to suggest you get the biggest and baddest high torque you can find. And while that's great for covering all bases in theory, its not the best solution or even practical for every scenario. Having a Milwaukee M18 High Torque, Mid Torque, and a M12 Stubby impact....I'd recommend the M12 3/8" drive Stubby with a 6mah for 80% of the situations I find myself in. The remaining 20% is handled with the Mid Torque. The High Torque is overly large, heavy, and doesn't fit everywhere I need it with its size. Admittedly it's overkill.

Highly recommend Torque Test Channel on Youtube if you want full comparisons on sizes, ACTUAL torque values, prices, etc. from every single name brand and product out there. The absolute best resource you can find for Impact comparisons. Milwaukee is consistently either the best, or in the top 3, for damn near every impact gun category and is my recommendation.
Sponsored