William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm just the messenger and yes, I know what most think of CR.

From Jalopnik:

Consumer Reports is a trusted resource among car buyers, having provided thorough and comprehensive car reviews for decades. In contrast to many automotive publications, Consumer Reports tends to focus on the average driver rather than the enthusiast. The outlet considers many factors that other reviewers donā€™t ascribe much value to, like predicted reliability and predicted owner satisfaction. CR scores are culminations of an array of tests, and the totals are all out of 100 possible points.

Consumer Reports tends to stick to objective rankings based on the needs and desires of the everyday commuter, so some of the vehicles on this list are enthusiast vehicles with specialized purposes that cause them to struggle in rankings. Purpose-built off-roaders like the Jeep Wrangler and Ford Bronco score low because of their lack of on-road refinement, but that might be exactly what a buyer is looking for, so take these scores with a grain of salt. This list compiles the lowest-scoring 2024 vehicles that Consumer Reports tested.

Bronco was 46/100:

The Bronco didnā€™t score very well, but it did nearly double the score of its closest competitor, the Wrangler. Compared to other midsize two-row SUVs, it lacks refinement and on-road agility, leading to its low scores. It also took a hit for long braking distances, bad fuel economy, loud interior noise levels, and a predicted reliability score of 37/100.

Wrangler was 25/100:

Consumer Reports compares vehicles within size segments, and in the midsize two-row SUV class the Wrangler canā€™t match the refinement and civilized demeanor of car-based SUVs. It got bad marks for the stiff ride, loud interior, awkward ergonomics and bad fuel economy. It also has bad predicted reliability at 27/100, and a low road test score of 34/100.

https://jalopnik.com/these-are-consumer-reports-lowest-ranked-cars-1851492282
Sponsored

Sponsored

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"Consumer buys off-road marketed vehicle and is shocked that it doesn't drive on road as nice as their Luxury Sedan"

Ford Bronco CR ranks Bronco @ 46/100 on Lowest Ranked Cars list oh-no-anyway

PlayTime

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2dr 2.3L OBX non-SAS Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's a laundry list of the reasons I got a bronco, instead of yet another bubble-mobile. šŸ¤Ø

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

PJackTAC

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4wd, 2000 Ford F250 pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't buy my Bronco because it fit the comfortable sedan-like mold. I live on a really rough road in Southwestern New Mexico. I traded in a Subaru Forester when I bought my Bronco because the road was beating my Subaru to pieces. I had to replace the struts at 4 years of ownership on the Subaru. I don't worry about things like that with the Bronco. It is comfortable enough for me, and that is all that matters. CR caters to people who live in cities and seldom have to deal with rocky, rough dirt roads in rural areas. I'll keep my Bronco no matter how it is rated by Consumer Reports. I love it, and the fact that it can go off-road easily just makes it more attractive even though I am not an off-roader. It's nice to know that capability is there if I ever need it.

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were we used to live in a community way out in a rural area there was only one road that led out. Unfortunately we had to come out and make a left turn to go up in the middle of a very steep dirt road to get to it. In the winter when the road was piled with snow and ice underneath our Jeeps got us to the top and out every single time. Our neighbors would park at the top and walk the mile or so back. Those of us that had Jeeps, Toyota 4Runners, etc. would pick them up.

When we could we traded in our Rubicon for the Bronco and kept the Sahara love them both. Taking the Bronco out west for a month in September. Had so much fun at the Texas Off Rodeo and learned what this versatile machine can do, I can't wait.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

CR isn't wrong. There are a lot of compromises with a vehicle like a Bronco.

I feel bad for all the people who bought one expecting it to be a cushy SUV.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah but still better than Jeepā€¦CR is for toastersā€¦

BigRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm just the messenger and yes, I know what most think of CR.

From Jalopnik:

Consumer Reports is a trusted resource among car buyers, having provided thorough and comprehensive car reviews for decades. In contrast to many automotive publications, Consumer Reports tends to focus on the average driver rather than the enthusiast. The outlet considers many factors that other reviewers donā€™t ascribe much value to, like predicted reliability and predicted owner satisfaction. CR scores are culminations of an array of tests, and the totals are all out of 100 possible points.

Consumer Reports tends to stick to objective rankings based on the needs and desires of the everyday commuter, so some of the vehicles on this list are enthusiast vehicles with specialized purposes that cause them to struggle in rankings. Purpose-built off-roaders like the Jeep Wrangler and Ford Bronco score low because of their lack of on-road refinement, but that might be exactly what a buyer is looking for, so take these scores with a grain of salt. This list compiles the lowest-scoring 2024 vehicles that Consumer Reports tested.

Bronco was 46/100:

The Bronco didnā€™t score very well, but it did nearly double the score of its closest competitor, the Wrangler. Compared to other midsize two-row SUVs, it lacks refinement and on-road agility, leading to its low scores. It also took a hit for long braking distances, bad fuel economy, loud interior noise levels, and a predicted reliability score of 37/100.

Wrangler was 25/100:

Consumer Reports compares vehicles within size segments, and in the midsize two-row SUV class the Wrangler canā€™t match the refinement and civilized demeanor of car-based SUVs. It got bad marks for the stiff ride, loud interior, awkward ergonomics and bad fuel economy. It also has bad predicted reliability at 27/100, and a low road test score of 34/100.

https://jalopnik.com/these-are-consumer-reports-lowest-ranked-cars-1851492282
Consumer Reports is a "Hard LEFT" Mouth Piece.......Who CARES!
Sponsored