Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just had mine replaced this morning. Safelite did a fantastic job!

20220425_104122.jpg

20220425_104111.jpg
Safelite is coming to replace mine tomorrow. I was wondering if it would have the accessory ready decals and logo on the lower drivers side or if it would be a generic sheet of glass. Looks like it is true to the original.
Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. They asked all kinds of questions to confirm and had me submit my VIN.
6C22691A-ED87-4868-93C1-59D05210AE15.png
Parts and labor is only $421? If that's OEM glass the glass must have dropped in price drastically in the last few months and labor costs must be substantially less in Texas. The drastic drop in the glass price is great news for us. My receipt from February 15th has the OEM parts listed separately from the labor and my parts line item is much higher than your parts and labor quote.

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Parts and labor is only $421? If that's OEM glass the glass must have dropped in price drastically in the last few months and labor costs must be substantially less in Texas. The drastic drop in the glass price is great news for us. My receipt from February 15th has the OEM parts listed separately from the labor and my parts line item is much higher than your parts and labor quote.
I will definitely double check before install!

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A00B3C09-4CCD-4432-B21E-41BF7D5A5E43.jpeg

This happened yesterday on the highway. Probably could live with it for a bit but canā€™t stand to look at it on my Bronco. Safelite coming out next week to replace for $810 out the door. Appointment time is the big wait now and not glass availability. Quoted other companies at around $1000 and they could get to it in three days.
Battle scar!

Living in an annual safety inspection state I get the glass fixed a few weeks before the sticker is due, no sense paying multiple deductibles.

tbone425

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Porscheā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Poor glass construction. Keep any receipts for cracked glass. I have a crack running from one side to the other from a rock that was never heard and barely even noticeable damage. The glass does not fit the frame properly so it is trying to taco from day one. Glass is a known issue but I think they are trying to punt the problem to not slow production. The issue is also that the glass is softer that it should be. 6 weeks in, my windshield is horrificlly sand blasted from normal driving in an area (NW) without much sand. My drivers glass was replace last week due to poor manufacturing as well. It had bubbles all over it. Make sure to call fir to complain so they are under pressure to resolve this sooner than later. Maybe a class-action suit would be the faster path?

Sponsored

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe this has been mentioned and I canā€™t find it, but my dealer offered a windshield protection warranty. About $600 for 5 years of protection, covers windshield replacement for cracks etc without limits.
Seems like one time will make it a worthwhile investment.

This is the only additional warranty I felt necessary to add.

Last edited:

tbone425

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Porscheā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Be interesting to see if they continue doing that. Is it something they have offered on all cars?

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Picked up my BD Friday 6/3. Didnā€™t get 10 miles up the road before a minivan blew by me and chucked a rock into my windshield and put a star in it.

ā€œSafelite, repair, Safelite replace.ā€

Got the goo in it the next day so should be OK.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

baldwin22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 4DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is getting a little annoying......thanks to a rock this morning, now scheduled to have my 6th new windshield in 12 months. Good thing Florida is a free replacement window state, but I doubt my insurance company is happy about it.

Via

Badlands
First Name
ViaC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh no, that's frustrating with your new Bronco! When I had a similar issue, I turned to A Chick and a Windshield in Colorado Springs (https://achickandawindshield.com/) for rock chip repair. Their quick and professional service fixed my windshield promptly. Even if the glass is on backorder, they can guide you through the process and offer expert advice. Don't worry; you'll be back on the road with a clear view soon. Hang in there, and don't let this deter you from enjoying your Bronco on the interstate!
Sponsored