Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These are the same Broncos from the hotel pics right? If they are, I sure hope that Jeep they have with them is going up these same trails to show us how they compare. I know elevation and angles are hard to interpret through video so I’m staying optimistic, but I don’t really look at this as crawling. And the articulation isnt looking too hot. The main loop at Kansas Rocks looks more difficult than this, and it’s just the road that takes you to the obstacles.
Same here - I'm reserving judgement until next year when we get full in-depth off-roading reviews. The articulation demonstrated there falls below the hype they've been building.
Sponsored

Last edited:

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's only one short video but it does look like a lift is going to help out a lot if you have a squach. Gotta get some more room and free up the articulation.

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Will one of the G.O.A.T. modes (say, "Slippery", or "Crawl") selectively apply the brake on a slipping/spinning front wheel, with the non-locker M190 front diff?

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm, adding the factory 2 inch lift to the Badlands Squatch is looking like a real possibility if it's what it takes to free up some articulation with the 35's

Sergio El Bailador

Black Diamond
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The articulation looks pretty bad honestly. Kinda reminds me of a lifted Subaru offroad. Hopefully that's not the case.
What would be limiting the articulation in the rear? It has a solid axle back there and I think there's also no rear stabilizer. Shock travel?

texheim

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was at the continental divide in February 2 years ago.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Sergio El Bailador

Black Diamond
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Assuming it's the bump stops and because it's equipped with Sasquatch, would that suggest that Ford went with a less-favorable method for lifting the Bronco to get clearance for the 35's? Reusing the same Billsteins from Badlands with 33's but limiting travel with bumpstops instead of equipping dampeners with longer travel.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm, adding the factory 2 inch lift to the Badlands Squatch is looking like a real possibility if it's what it takes to free up some articulation with the 35's
If it's just a body lift it's not going to do squat for articulation. Hopefully it has longer A arms & all that goes with it, because the axle droop does not look too impressive in that video.

Seemed like a lot but makes sense sense since Sasquatch wheel travel is limited to avoid rubbing. I'd like to see a badlands without sasquatch do that same line!
I want to see the 4-door Badland Sasquatch do that same line. Being independant suspension, only uptravel should be effected by the bumpstop limiters, not the droop unlike a solid axle, hence the name independant ;)

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 2 door is a 2.3L.
2.3L must have an automatic then if it's got the Sasquatch package right? That's a combination I hadn't considered...2.3 + auto + Sasquatch. Figured that 2.3 would make rig pretty underpowered. Assumed that I would really need to go 2.7+ auto with Sasquatch

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a question. Does anyone have experience with driving such a vehicle with independent suspension & no sway bars? On my XJ I tossed both the front & rear with no problems on the street at all. Curious as to how the Bronco would drive with the front sway bar gone. Anyone do this before for on the street driving. Might be a way to save by going Black Diamond instead :unsure: I have a feeling I would end up with no front sway bar the minute it failed outside of warranty anyway

Sergio El Bailador

Black Diamond
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is a question. Does anyone have experience with driving such a vehicle with independent suspension & no sway bars? On my XJ I tossed both the front & rear with no problems on the street at all. Curious as to how the Bronco would drive with the front sway bar gone. Anyone do this before for on the street driving. Might be a way to save by going Black Diamond instead :unsure: I have a feeling I would end up with no front sway bar the minute it failed outside of warranty anyway
I don't have experience with it but perhaps as a compromise you can get a set of quick disconnect pins for the front sway. Way less convenient than the hydraulic disco on the Badlands but much safer than going without a sway at higher speeds.
Sponsored