MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think delay is the wrong term, there will be no delay on Sasquatch, it will be available right away just like other options, Modular top will be a delay. What Sasquatch can do is delay YOUR order because they have more orders for it than they can build so they'll schedule the Sasquatchs they can for that week, then if they're out when your order comes up, they'll skip it for one without.

Now on to CAFE

First, I'm not expert, so this is just my understanding of CAFE. Second, there are lots of other things involved, so this is a basic idea of CAFE, I know there's a lot of math and variables involved, but this is my understanding.

Cafe has a target, was 35, Obama raised it to go up to 54 MPG by 2025, Trump rescinded that increase and I have no idea what the "fleet" target is right now. Off of that target different lines get different targets, so if 35 was the target, full sized pickups might be given a 20 MPG target and economy cars a 50 mpg target. So just because its lower than the fleet average, something might still be a positive toward a fleet average. I was told that F-150 is a positive in Ford's CAFE ratings. This also means that even though Ford sells a ton of F-150's and a handful of MachE, they can still hit their target.

Now within each line I believe they average the sales and use that number. This can happen in more than on way. Mustang GT comes with 3.31, 3.55 or 3.73 gears, yet all are rated for the same fuel economy rating. Look at F-150, a 3.31 geared XL Regular cab 4x4 and a Platinum Crew 4x4 with 3.55's will have the same rating even though real world will be far apart. Now I don't know if they use an average, biggest seller, best economy or what way they rate them, I'm guessing best economy, a few years ago 5.3L 4x4 Silverado's came standard with 3.08 gears for EPA ratings, but I only saw one truck ever that didn't have 3.42 or better (which real world got better mileage since 3.08 with the low torque 5.3L wouldn't hold 6th gear).

Also its a fleet average, so each one will have a target, but if F-150 exceeds its target and Bronco is below it they can average each other out and still be OK. I'm betting Bronco will be a negative, but it will still have a number Ford will have to hit to keep it close enough that other lines can offset it.

Now within each line different things can get different fuel economy ratings, different drivelines, and now even the Ranger Tremor which is just tires, etc. These different ratings get averaged to get that lines CAFE rating (I believe weighted by production volume). So for example (these are fake numbers, I have no idea what ratings will be) if a Bronco 2.3L auto gets .5 MPG better than Ford's target for rating and a Sasquatch 2.7L is 5 mpg less than its target, you'd have to build 10 2.3L's to offset the one 2.7L Sas. This is why I think Sasquatch will be limited.

If anyone knows more about CAFE, I'd be happy to learn, my knowledge is just enough to be dangerous. So again this is just my interpretation of CAFE.
This doesn't quite answer specific CAFE questions, but it helps with explaining part of the math behind the equation. It's more about MPG, but there are nuggets for CAFE.

Why America's MPG Is A Dumb Unit For Fuel Economy
Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CGBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Panamera Turbo, 1993 Foxbody Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well as a WT order holder.... I guess sometime ...
I will see my Bronco...
😕
I feel your pain. I switched from a loaded Badlands to a Wildtrack hoping that something that comes with standard Sasquatch and 2.7 might be easier to get than an optioned out Badlands. So much for that idea🤨

CGBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Panamera Turbo, 1993 Foxbody Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel your pain. I switched from a loaded Badlands to a Wildtrack hoping that something that comes with standard Sasquatch and 2.7 might be easier to get than an optioned out Badlands. So much for that idea🤨
I feel bad for the FE guys. Who thought they were going to see their First Edition first. They should call it the LE...Last Edition.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I feel bad for the FE guys. Who thought they were going to see their First Edition first. They should call it the LE...Last Edition.
Lots of us got scheduled for June so far!

Tevans

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been reading so much great info on this site for months, only just signed up. Would Ford schedule what they have parts to build, then come back to preorders and give them an option to change their build (like they did with the tops)? To give the option of say changing from a 2.7 Sas to a 2.3 w/o sas but a new option for 33's on an OBX for example, to get more preorders produced?
Sponsored