Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems with the FAQs, Ford has left us with more questions than answers. Because they can't or won't tell us how each of us are affected.

Here what I'd like to know:
  1. How bad each commodity, when will it be fixed? I fear they won't give us numbers because the situation is more than just MICs and Hardtops.
  2. Month or Quarter/Year estimate for my order.
  3. If I alter my order, how will that affect my order?

I switched to soft top w/ prep kit this morning. And I also asked to test drive a 2.3 bronco when a demo comes in.
Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1) you answered your own question…there’s other parts constraints
2) no way to know since no way to find out how many people will change their build
3) see number 2. It will all depend on how many people change and what configuration they change to. Which may also affect number 1. It is a moving target…

OP
OP
Bert20000

Bert20000

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1) you answered your own question…there’s other parts constraints
2) no way to know since no way to find out how many people will change their build
3) see number 2. It will all depend on how many people change and what configuration they change to. Which may also affect number 1. It is a moving target…
1) I didn't answer my own question. "How Bad" was the question. How many 2.7 can they produce for a bronco a month is an answer. What parts on the badland is causing the issue and what are those production numbers?
2) Ford knows numbers they can estimate better than you.
3) Give me an estimate if no one changed there order.

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seems with the FAQs, Ford has left us with more questions than answers. Because they can't or won't tell us how each of us are affected.

Here what I'd like to know:
  1. How bad each commodity, when will it be fixed? I fear they won't give us numbers because the situation is more than just MICs and Hardtops.
  2. Month or Quarter/Year estimate for my order.
  3. If I alter my order, how will that affect my order?

I switched to soft top w/ prep kit this morning. And I also asked to test drive a 2.3 bronco when a demo comes in.
1. Are
2. You
3. Serious?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bert20000

Bert20000

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Are
2. You
3. Serious?
How can a customer make a decision from this without know more details, so yeah I am serious?

How can customers receive their Bronco sooner? Customers willing to avoid key commodity constraints (Hardtop Roof, 2.7L engine, Lux or Sasquatch Package, Badlands/Wildtrak, Safari Bar or Trailer Tow package, etc.) will have a higher likelihood for 2021MY production based on part availability.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every body everywhere is facing commodity restraints on just about everything and a shortage on any given part can happen with little to no warning at just about any time.

It's a miracle they can forecast anything at all.

Any estimate they give you would be a wild guess, though I'm certain you would take it to heart and demand satisfaction at some point.

It's just best for them to do what they can as they can and let everybody sit on ice.

A promise not made can't be broken.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The customers whose Broncos CAN be built have been notified.

Your number simply isn't up yet.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1) I didn't answer my own question. "How Bad" was the question. How many 2.7 can they produce for a bronco a month is an answer. What parts on the badland is causing the issue and what are those production numbers?
2) Ford knows numbers they can estimate better than you.
3) Give me an estimate if no one changed there order.
Here’s Simple math..
2.7 (just one of the limited items): since i am now switching from hard top to soft top and now saving money for not getting a hard top, I considered going 2.7 and Sas. Guess what that does? Add another demand on 2.7 and Sas. That said, I am just 1 person. Now get the amount of res, take away the amount of people who actually placed the order. Divide that by the trim and options they ordered. Still with me? Good, now get the number of commodity issues, keep adding amount produced, subtract the amount of people switching. Then add back the people switching ( using a magical computer foresee what they will be switching to). Once you get that number, subtract the amount of people that may drop out ( use the magic computer again for this). Then add back the people that decide to switch last minute (July 16). During this process are the other items still on time with what you calculated so far? If so, then you still have a solid number to work with. Did anyone at the plant call out sick or quit? Don’t forget to factor in orientation and training for the newbies to replace job quitters.

i completely agree with you. Someone else can probably estimate better than me. But like i said…moving target. Goodluck with that math.

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How can a customer make a decision from this without know more details, so yeah I am serious?

How can customers receive their Bronco sooner? Customers willing to avoid key commodity constraints (Hardtop Roof, 2.7L engine, Lux or Sasquatch Package, Badlands/Wildtrak, Safari Bar or Trailer Tow package, etc.) will have a higher likelihood for 2021MY production based on part availability.
Ford doesn’t even have all the details, that should be clear by now. They are working with suppliers who are probably not giving them accurate information (see the Webasto situation) that tells you all you need to know.

We are pulling up on almost 1 full year of poor communication coming from Ford on this vehicle. We would be silly to think things are going to change at this stage when it’s becoming even more complicated.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I switched to soft top w/ prep kit this morning.
How’d you do that? As of last night the prep kit wasn’t in the WBDO….did they add it overnight?

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How’d you do that? As of last night the prep kit wasn’t in the WBDO….did they add it overnight?
I was wondering the same thing 😂😂my dealer told me check in on Monday.

buzzcutt2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe they'll add a no-roof option for the 2-door. I don't need no stinkin' top.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@mtap your math is already flawed... you left out the job quitters and replacement algorithms for each manufacturer of each commodity... along with transportation of each.... can you start over please?

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Every body everywhere is facing commodity restraints on just about everything and a shortage on any given part can happen with little to no warning at just about any time.

It's a miracle they can forecast anything at all.

Any estimate they give you would be a wild guess, though I'm certain you would take it to heart and demand satisfaction at some point.

It's just best for them to do what they can as they can and let everybody sit on ice.

A promise not made can't be broken.
"By" September b&p, "by" late May build estimate, neither deadline met. I'm guessing not everyone ordered a hard top so using that as an excuse in every email is lame. Why can't soft top orders get a delivery window? Op isn't asking for a to the hour estimate. Just something to help with planning. What's wrong with that?
Sponsored