Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wish we could get a new version of this so we knew the lay of the land:

Ford Bronco Commodity Constraints 2021 Bornco June Production Demand vs Capacity
Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Webasto is a total fucking disaster which is driving most of the delay. The other delays are from such tight supply chains on everything, especially metal or chemical raw materials. The raw material issues will dissipate over time. Webasto is going to get de sourced or at a minimum another supplier will be used to make up the difference in capacity. Look for the non roof constraints to ease up in 3-6 months.

Mmartini

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Here's a good video on many of the current shortages. You can go to 7:25 of the video if you want to just hear about the shortages in the auto industry.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How can a customer make a decision from this without know more details, so yeah I am serious?

How can customers receive their Bronco sooner? Customers willing to avoid key commodity constraints (Hardtop Roof, 2.7L engine, Lux or Sasquatch Package, Badlands/Wildtrak, Safari Bar or Trailer Tow package, etc.) will have a higher likelihood for 2021MY production based on part availability.
One thing to remember is that these are profitable items and Ford doesn't really want you to remove them. Ford wants you to wait.

But they did inform dealers how to increase odds of earlier delivery for customers that will not wait. Although we are privy to that information, Ford did not announce it to all customers with exception of hard top.

OP
OP
Bert20000

Bert20000

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing to remember is that these are profitable items and Ford doesn't really want you to remove them. Ford wants you to wait.

But they did inform dealers how to increase odds of earlier delivery for customers that will not wait. Although we are privy to that information, Ford did not announce it to all customers with exception of hard top.
I agree, that was the point of my frustration. At the end of the day, I've decided I still want the badlands and a 2.7, so I'll wait. They can build all of the Bases, BB and BD as long as doesn't impact me or others when the constrained commodity parts come in. It would make sense that Ford has told dealers what to order and how many as not conflict with reservations.
Sponsored