First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I personally know nothing about production but I do know about distribution. I work for a beer distributor and our largest supplier is MolsonCoors. Right now we have too many out of stock products and it's been that way for Months. These are primarily the lower tier products like Milwaukee's Best, Keystone Ice and Icehouse. What we have been told is the brewery is focusing on Premium brands(Miller Lite and Coors Light) with the upcoming Holiday. While I don't know if that's true, it is the information I pass along to my customers. It's the same situation with our competitors from AB too. We talk about out of stocks daily. I understand why Dealers really have no information to pass along. That's just my perspective from a different industry where the supply chain is jacked up currently.
Sponsored

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hereā€™s Simple math..
2.7 (just one of the limited items): since i am now switching from hard top to soft top and now saving money for not getting a hard top, I considered going 2.7 and Sas. Guess what that does? Add another demand on 2.7 and Sas. That said, I am just 1 person. Now get the amount of res, take away the amount of people who actually placed the order. Divide that by the trim and options they ordered. Still with me? Good, now get the number of commodity issues, keep adding amount produced, subtract the amount of people switching. Then add back the people switching ( using a magical computer foresee what they will be switching to). Once you get that number, subtract the amount of people that may drop out ( use the magic computer again for this). Then add back the people that decide to switch last minute (July 16). During this process are the other items still on time with what you calculated so far? If so, then you still have a solid number to work with. Did anyone at the plant call out sick or quit? Donā€™t forget to factor in orientation and training for the newbies to replace job quitters.

i completely agree with you. Someone else can probably estimate better than me. But like i saidā€¦moving target. Goodluck with that math.
That's what computers are for. If ford is still doing all this by Abacus is, we're all getting 2025 model year broncos.

OP
OP
Bert20000

Bert20000

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howā€™d you do that? As of last night the prep kit wasnā€™t in the WBDOā€¦.did they add it overnight?
I asked the dealer to switch. Sorry meant just started the process.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's what computers are for. If ford is still doing all this by Abacus is, we're all getting 2025 model year broncos.
I almost bought one at Best Buy that can predict what peopleā€™s decisions and outcomes will be.

come on nowā€¦.

if thereā€™s such a computer that can predict peopleā€™s Future choices, we wouldnā€™t have elections šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I almost bought one at Best Buy that can predict what peopleā€™s decisions and outcomes will be.

come on nowā€¦.

if thereā€™s such a computer that can predict peopleā€™s Future choices, we wouldnā€™t have elections šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
But they have the choices made by March 19th. How hard could it poss

come on nowā€¦.

Give me a case of rip-its, a pouch of red man, 6 or seven coffee pouches from a case of mres and a priority/vip build for my Bronco.. and I'll solve your commodity problems.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a weird as it sounds, I think tow package is a serious issue too. I didnā€™t order it and mine 2.7BL 4dr MIC is scheduled for Monday. Lots of other day 1 reservations are similar, but not built. Tow or Alice really being thebonly difference. Allocations come into play as well. I am the #1 allocation at my dealer (they had no priority order). Whenever the numbers change all of that stuff rolls back through the remaining orders. Add that to the daily dynamics of suppliers and things like the 2dr damage for improper transportation jig, floods (yes, right now, Detroit has a ton of highways closed for flooding) and add everything else that is variable and itā€™s quite a cluster f**k. Glad I am not the MAP plant manager or the Bronco product leader!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Every body everywhere is facing commodity restraints on just about everything and a shortage on any given part can happen with little to no warning at just about any time.

It's a miracle they can forecast anything at all.

Any estimate they give you would be a wild guess, though I'm certain you would take it to heart and demand satisfaction at some point.

It's just best for them to do what they can as they can and let everybody sit on ice.

A promise not made can't be broken.
Yup. My buddy waited 4 months for the rear axle in his buggy and the builder ended up calling him a week ago saying he canā€™t get the parts, but that he had a different (already built) axle he could have. Off road stuff is hugely reliant on very high quality steel and aluminum which are both in short supply right now. I do not envy anyone in Fordā€™s supply chain team, they are dealing with a problem from hell.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I came up with 118; close?
you were right 5 mins ago, number just changed. You might be right again in the next 5 mins. Please hold while my futuristic computer calculatesā€¦

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is what ford should do... When your build gets Skipped..they send you an email and tell you why.

Then you can choose to alter that reason or not and see if you are in the next time.

If i was told I was skipped twice cuz of towing, I'd drop towing.

Sponsored

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me rephrase what Ford told us on Friday, without the soft landing approach.
This applies to people without a build date:
1) MIC tops are going to delay delivery, possibly put you into MY22
2) Modular and dual top options will most likely appear in MY23 - This includes "Special models"
3) If you order a 4 door soft top, Sept builds will come with a hardtop prep kit
4) We are giving price protection to order holders
5) Our focus has changed. We are going to build the ordered Bronco's, but building dealer retail units will start shipping as unbuildable units await proper component stock.

What they didn't say:
Where this leaves 2 door orders. The 4 door was spec'd with a soft top. Ford is focusing on 4 door soft tops. Will the MIC top production focus on 2 door units? It would only make sense to do that as they resolve production number issues.

abdickson70

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howā€™d you do that? As of last night the prep kit wasnā€™t in the WBDOā€¦.did they add it overnight?
My understanding(not completely fact checked) is that they will be automatically be adding the prep kit to all soft top builds starting in September and they have essentially scheduled out to that date already. So my, well known dealer, just changed my build to a soft top with the understanding that I will be scheduled for September or later.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My understanding(not completely fact checked) is that they will be automatically be adding the prep kit to all soft top builds starting in September and they have essentially scheduled out to that date already. So my, well known dealer, just changed my build to a soft top with the understanding that I will be scheduled for September or later.
I don't think they've scheduled most of August yet...just the builds that pushed from July.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How can customers receive their Bronco sooner? Customers willing to avoid key commodity constraints (Hardtop Roof, 2.7L engine, Lux or Sasquatch Package, Badlands/Wildtrak, Safari Bar or Trailer Tow package, etc.) will have a higher likelihood for 2021MY production based on part availability.
You are correct in capturing the FAQ for dealers listed above. This reply is consistent with what we heard from Esteban Plaza-Jennings months ago in a video interview with Bronco Nation. At that time, the Tow package and the Safari bar were not mentioned. He did mention both Leather option and 2-door models as being constrained.

Now fast forward to July 2021 and we see the key word, ā€œetc.ā€! Could that mean Leather option or 2-door model? No one knows for sure.

As we know, our journey to owning a Bronco has been filled with somewhat disappointing emails. I would like to believe we may begin to see more positive communications. Particularly concerning the 2-door models.

Over the last 12 months, I have gained a greater appreciation for how deeply Jim Farley and Ted Ryan understand the Bronco history. If you understand the history, think about the one constant characteristic which has spanned all generations of the Bronco. That characteristic exists in the Bronco Jim drives. It is the 2-door model. Food for thought? Perhaps.
Sponsored

Last edited: