Sponsored

2.7....Controlled Commodity?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Jeep, 2021 GT500, 221 BMW X7 M50i, 22' TRX
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Tried ordering a 2.7 unit this week and dealer said order wouldn' take because 2.7 is a "controlled commodity"?? Anyone have any insight...never heard of that before.
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sooo looks like I'm not ordering a '22 with a 2.7
Are you converting from a $100 reservation slot, or are you a more recent customer. If the latter, then there's going to be a wait. A long wait, if ordering a constrained item. If you're just converting or reordering a reservation now, aren't you able to order what your initial order was?

Either way, You will get it. Eventually.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone else think this has to do with the blown 2.7 liter engines maybes they found the problem and it’s bigger than we thought and ford is being hush hush wouldn’t surprise me one bit . I wish we would start seeing people post with 2.7 they have 5000 plus miles and no issues all the high image broncos I see have the 2.3

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tried ordering a 2.7 unit this week and dealer said order wouldn' take because 2.7 is a "controlled commodity"?? Anyone have any insight...never heard of that before.
I ordered a 2dr badlands and my dealer went though a list of commodities that would prevent my order from being taken in by Ford. After configuring with what they suggested it was approved and accepted by ford the next day. consider the 2.3. Ford performance will be offering a upgrade for about 850 that gives it a good power bump.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone else think this has to do with the blown 2.7 liter engines maybes they found the problem and it’s bigger than we thought and ford is being hush hush wouldn’t surprise me one bit . I wish we would start seeing people post with 2.7 they have 5000 plus miles and no issues all the high image broncos I see have the 2.3
7 weeks and 2050 miles, no issues on my OBX 2.7 EcoBoost

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

7 weeks and 2050 miles, no issues on my OBX 2.7 EcoBoost
Thanks for posting and great news I’d like to see more people post about how good there 2.7 is

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep. That's exactly what I think it is. And trust me it's most likely my fault. The Universe kicks me in the nuts like that all the time. I ordered the 2.7 and now it's blowing up. If I ordered the 2.3 that would be the one having issues. Sorry guys!!😭

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep. That's exactly what I think it is. And trust me it's most likely my fault. The Universe kicks me in the nuts like that all the time. I ordered the 2.7 and now it's blowing up. If I ordered the 2.3 that would be the one having issues. Sorry guys!!😭
I will Prob take delivery this week and got the 2.7 but really considered the 2,3 to save money and it’s a great engine but decided in the end to go all out in case I had regrets . I just hope I got a good 2.7 either way it’s under warrenty. I just hope I got a really recent 2.7 engine in my bronco

Sponsored

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to hear what more people have to say with higher mileage. I've put 2500 miles on my 2.7 in about a month and a half with 0 issues. End of this month I am taking it on a 3000+ mile round trip so we will see how it goes. Hopefully the dropped valves really is an isolated issue.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you converting from a $100 reservation slot, or are you a more recent customer. If the latter, then there's going to be a wait. A long wait, if ordering a constrained item. If you're just converting or reordering a reservation now, aren't you able to order what your initial order was?

Either way, You will get it. Eventually.
Not necessarily, could be as short as a few months if it’s a dealer with lots of volume and bronco sport sales

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I am glad that we know that, now. Everyone who had a 2.7 engine fail, and those of us with them on order who have any worries about it, we now know that you, personally are to blame. You chose to order the 2.7, and by so doing, brought your inherent curse to the entire line of them.

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If that were the case then there would be a ton of people here screaming their Bronco died instead of the couple we've had. It's pretty safe to assume the enthusiast board went for the larger engine option in higher.number.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Jeep, 2021 GT500, 221 BMW X7 M50i, 22' TRX
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is my thinking too
Sponsored