Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

um, you don't actually have to buy new calipers. just paint the ones you have and put m&m stickers on em
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If your looking for looks, go for it, but they are not cheap and in order to get increased braking, you need to go bigger diameter rotors. The high dollar monoblock calipers (machined from one piece of metal) flex less, but only really benefits very high braking pressure and help with braking consistency. There are modifications to the caliper pistons for cooling etc, but these really only help racecars. Trucks just need bigger diameter rotors, for more braking leverage.
Thanks for the tidbit. Not going for increased braking. Just cosmetic here. So I won't worry about the rotors

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
um, you don't actually have to buy new calipers. just paint the ones you have and put m&m stickers on em
?

As I read the replies, realizing this may just be the way to go

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

?

As I read the replies, realizing this may just be the way to go
yup, just some high heat paint in your color of choice. make sure you add the m&m stickers, you will get 5hp from them

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yup, just some high heat paint in your color of choice. make sure you add the m&m stickers, you will get 5hp from them
Actually the m&m sticker will melt while braking down hill. Best to use Skittles sticker.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wildwood is for car shows. Brembo is for real performance vehicles. Both will be a waste on the Bronco though.
No kill like overkill

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Threw this one up against the wall. We’ll see if it sticks.

84BF1C98-FE38-4E2A-B937-81DE6A219E24.jpeg

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Threw this one up against the wall. We’ll see if it sticks.

Ford Bronco Custom painted calipers w/ SAS package? 84BF1C98-FE38-4E2A-B937-81DE6A219E24
Exactly!
Would be a cool option for MY23 on the higher trims perhaps

I was going with the mango color because it sorta matches the wildtrak badge (matches better with badlands). Also against the beauty black wheels, it'll really pop

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lots of detail shops paint calipers. Call up your local detail shop and ask what they charge. Wouldn’t bring it to a mechanic to have calipers painted.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pros of calipers is that it allows you to brake
There's a saying at the track . "If you're trying to go fast , Brakes only slow you down ."

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like others have said, you can paint them yourself pretty easily. Another good option would be caliper covers. Not sure how they attach, but they probably snap or bolt onto your existing calipers to accomplish the same thing. Keep in mind it might be a bit before they are available and they might not fit all wheel applications. A friend of mine got red ones for his Jeep and they look great. They also make his calipers look larger like he added high performance brakes.

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you’re going for aesthetics, I’d take a look and see if you can retrofit brembos from a higher trim mustang, focus rs, hell take a look at the raptor calipers. Cool thing is that they all can be ordered from the dealership.

extra scene points for OEM+

I’d save the money and paint them yourself. Off the shelf caliper paint is good quality nowadays. Then send it or the shop to install. I hate doing any brake work that involves replacing lines because it gets messy.

the inner road racer in me says don’t do it because it’ll change your brake biases BUT it’s a truck and you’re not racing it so you’ll be cool.

WHATEVER CALIPER YOU GO WITH MAKE SURE THEY FIT BEHIND ANY WHEEL YOU GET. Spokes may make contact with the caliper. You can always get spacers, but just check when you get you bronco and caliper of choice.

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you’re going for aesthetics, I’d take a look and see if you can retrofit brembos from a higher trim mustang, focus rs, hell take a look at the raptor calipers. Cool thing is that they all can be ordered from the dealership.

extra scene points for OEM+

I’d save the money and paint them yourself. Off the shelf caliper paint is good quality nowadays. Then send it or the shop to install. I hate doing any brake work that involves replacing lines because it gets messy.

the inner road racer in me says don’t do it because it’ll change your brake biases BUT it’s a truck and you’re not racing it so you’ll be cool.

WHATEVER CALIPER YOU GO WITH MAKE SURE THEY FIT BEHIND ANY WHEEL YOU GET. Spokes may make contact with the caliper. You can always get spacers, but just check when you get you bronco and caliper of choice.
Right on. Good advice and insight

I'm probably gonna spend the not-too-crazy bit of money to have a detail shop paint my stock calipers on the wildtrak. I watched a YouTube video of how to do them myself and I don't quite have the patience for that, knowing someone down the street does this for a living and can do a stellar job

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right on. Good advice and insight

I'm probably gonna spend the not-too-crazy bit of money to have a detail shop paint my stock calipers on the wildtrak. I watched a YouTube video of how to do them myself and I don't quite have the patience for that, knowing someone down the street does this for a living and can do a stellar job
honestly, that ain’t a bad game plan either

I don’t blame ya! Painting calipers is a “I have nothing better do” kind of weekend project.

enjoy your wildtrak and if you happen to do a crazy BBK swap post up pics

*6months later: the first wildtrak to rock GT500 brakes LOL!

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

honestly, that ain’t a bad game plan either

I don’t blame ya! Painting calipers is a “I have nothing better do” kind of weekend project.

enjoy your wildtrak and if you happen to do a crazy BBK swap post up pics

*6months later: the first wildtrak to rock GT500 brakes LOL!
bronco be like
Sponsored