First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great news. Just installed the corsa resonator 2.5” on my stock piping with stock exhaust and the rasp is gone! Tamed the throatiness from the down pipes too. If you’re getting rattle noises like I did, check the heat shields on the body and shove appropriate insulation material to prevent any rattle.
Sponsored

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From reaching out to Magnaflow:
Alright, by way of update I’ve got the 14159 from Magnaflow in and dropped off the bronco at a shop this morning to have it put in the straight extension pipe. Will report back. Hopefully today.

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok me again, undeterred from double posting, I’ve got the Bronco back. I’ll update some pics later, but I’ve got the rasp 70+% resolved by adding the Magnaflow 14159 in the middle of that straight extension pipe.

I’ll work on recording sounds via video, and I may need to look at stuffing some insulation in to reduce vibrations from heat shielding as listed above, but we sound good(er than before).

Poor pic from the exhaust shop that cut and welded in this piece.

Before:
Ford Bronco CV Fab Stainless Steel Catted Downpipes (2021-2023 Ford Bronco 2.7L) ***Review IMG_0781

after:
Ford Bronco CV Fab Stainless Steel Catted Downpipes (2021-2023 Ford Bronco 2.7L) ***Review IMG_0914

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok me again, undeterred from double posting, I’ve got the Bronco back. I’ll update some pics later, but I’ve got the rasp 70+% resolved by adding the Magnaflow 14159 in the middle of that straight extension pipe.

I’ll work on recording sounds via video, and I may need to look at stuffing some insulation in to reduce vibrations from heat shielding as listed above, but we sound good(er than before).

Poor pic from the exhaust shop that cut and welded in this piece.

Before:
Ford Bronco CV Fab Stainless Steel Catted Downpipes (2021-2023 Ford Bronco 2.7L) ***Review IMG_0914

after:
check that heat shield right on top of that magna flow. It rattles and could be a potential rattle from the vibrations. I shoved insulation there to keep it from rattling at high rpms. (slight rattle was there before downpipe install.

Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone been to the dealership with the downpipe? What did they say about it, specifically warranty related?

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

check that heat shield right on top of that magna flow. It rattles and could be a potential rattle from the vibrations. I shoved insulation there to keep it from rattling at high rpms. (slight rattle was there before downpipe install.
Did you use the fiberglass insulation exhaust packing material to stuff the heat shield?

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that would be the best option. I had some foam laying around so used that cause it didnt seem to hot in that area.

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This is the rattle I was talking about. the exhaust area is the same.

Sponsored

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm. Almost like a high temp rubber puck isolator is needed, whether at the mounting bolt or squashed in between the body and the shield.

too bad the heat reflective sound deadening matting isn’t stable at high temps and are for inside cabin use like firewalls because that stuff would deaden the vibrations completely.

Bronco15

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L sas 2drs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great news. Just installed the corsa resonator 2.5” on my stock piping with stock exhaust and the rasp is gone! Tamed the throatiness from the down pipes too. If you’re getting rattle noises like I did, check the heat shields on the body and shove appropriate insulation material to prevent any rattle.
21Bronco
Could you share Corsa part number and confirm if it solved the issue? I'm dealing with the same annoying rasp with stock exhaust

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
21Bronco
Could you share Corsa part number and confirm if it solved the issue? I'm dealing with the same annoying rasp with stock exhaust
Its the corsa pro series resonator 2.5" (stock piping). One thing to note is its not bolt on ready if youre thinking of doing it yourself. The resonator needs to be expanded on both ends for the "slip fits" so the stock midpipe can slide in.

seananigans

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2.7l
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah the rasp is pretty bad. I have a q for you guys. I just have stock piping between the Downpipes and a touring borla exhaust. Would that null any performance gain from this mod?

Jakes22

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2022 Silverado ZR2, 2005 Sierra 1500H
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Installed the downpipes today. I had them Jet-hot coated as I was concerned with the lack of heat shields compared to factory.

I'm running an AFE dual muffler exhaust with single outlet. Still pretty tame after the downpipes installed and no rasp. I had originally went with a dual muffler and single outlet exhaust as I didn't want the exhaust to be much louder than stock, just more throaty.

20231208_173318.jpg
Sponsored