Bkbk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the update. Any idea if they had to remove the transmission cross member to remove the stock down pipe?
I had to drop the cross member to get my stock down pipes out. It wasn't terrible but also not fun to get them out.

I have the same thoughts as @Gluestick after the install. I have about 400 miles and the rasp is still there around 3k-4k RPM but I will share videos and my thoughts once I can get everything into a cohesive post.
Sponsored

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I had the downpipes installed and felt the power difference in low end. The only issue is the rattle/ raspy exhaust note. Searched everywhere on the web to get this resolved. Couldnā€™t find anything so took the matter into my own hands. Put rubber washers on the backside of the exhaust heat shield because it seemed like it could be the source of the problem and also tighten down all the clamps a bit tighter. Got rid of the rattle but on WOT the raspy note was still there.
Realized itā€™s caused by the increased flow of the gases traveling out of the stock exhaust(restriction). Was thinking of the corsa system but donā€™t want the extra rumble and donā€™t want to drop a grand and have it still sound raspy.
Thinking of adding a resonator in the mid pipe from Corsa Performance (Only $140). Any input is appreciated. But, think this will resolve the raspy sounds on WOT. Also, will be buying a new exhaust gasket for the downpipe to mid pipe connection flange because cvf doesnā€™t include one. I used the stock gasket but seems to leak a tiny bit.

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you guys tried removing all the Overland silencer parts and just put the cap on?

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™d have to figure out where that cone would go, because the magnaflow tip is a downturn curve so after-muffler is not likely the right spot.

Iā€™ll look into the cone and/or adding a resonator into the middle.

on the plus side, as I crossed the 100mi after install milestone, each time I get in I think it sounds better Up to the point that you get after it, then itā€™s got the really metallic raspy sound.

Sponsored

buschris

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
you can place them after the cats, or after the muffler as well as near the tips. I have a pair on my bike a few inches from the tips, and it totally changes the characteristics of the sound. Same thing on cars, try some different points along the exhaust and see what you like best. The insert type can also have some sound deadening wrapped around them to further reduce rasp or drone. Once I decide which catback etc I want, I'll be experimenting with this on the 2.7l. I bet it would make the Corsa sound pretty awesome. Here's a link to the insert style https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cci-3di25r

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
wouldnt the insert restrict airflow? defeating the purpose of the better flowing cats? im still on the stock exhaust so theres room in the mid pipe section to install a resonator.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting, thanks for that link.

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hereā€™s where I think the challenge is:

the CVFab cat back setup has a resonator / muffler near the Y pipe that is missing from the Magnaflow. So Iā€™m thinking I either get a resonator to put in the straight tube section from Magnaflow, retaining its high clearance functionality, or I sell it off and replace with the CVFab cat back setup, and hope I donā€™t smash the exhaust tips between the bumper and earth, as they appear to hang lower than the hitch mount and tow loops.

CVF:
Ford Bronco CV Fab Stainless Steel Catted Downpipes (2021-2023 Ford Bronco 2.7L) ***Review IMG_0719
And Magnaflow:

Ford Bronco CV Fab Stainless Steel Catted Downpipes (2021-2023 Ford Bronco 2.7L) ***Review IMG_0718

Bkbk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Gluestick I have the CVF cat-back and still have the rasp from roughly 3-4.5k RPM range. And you are correct about the tips hanging below the hitch/tow loops:
Ford Bronco CV Fab Stainless Steel Catted Downpipes (2021-2023 Ford Bronco 2.7L) ***Review 1699902562822

Sponsored

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Gluestick I have the CVF cat-back and still have the rasp from roughly 3-4.5k RPM range. And you are correct about the tips hanging below the hitch/tow loops:
Ford Bronco CV Fab Stainless Steel Catted Downpipes (2021-2023 Ford Bronco 2.7L) ***Review 1699902562822
Curious to hear more about your thoughts. Also, if you have some audio/video to share.

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1699902562822.png
damn i have the corsa resonator on the way to slap on my stock exhaust and this post killed me a little. Was hoping for that rasp to go away. Sounds like a civic fart can.

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Bkbk you have the CVF downpipes too?

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From reaching out to Magnaflow:

That space is going to be pretty tight, however here are 2 options for you to check out. Before ordering, please review with the muffler shop to get a plan put together for installation, again please try to maintain the clamp on style to maintain your limited lifetime warranty.

#14159 - 6" round body muffler, 6" body length, 12" tip to tip. (Smaller, will knock down sound, will fit in that area)
#12619 - 6" round body muffler, 14" body length, 20" tip to tip (quietest but longer than the pipe in picture)

Bkbk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Bkbk you have the CVF downpipes too?
Yes, I have the full CVS turbo-back system. No real gains that I can feel, but I'm patiently waiting for Cobb or someone to crack the ECU so I can run e30 and have a blast.
Sponsored