North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's like there is no such thing as a bad landing for an airplane.

If you have not already, you need to experience I76 from Julesburg to Fort Morgan in Colorado. 104 miles of open highway where you can (not legally of course) test your Bronco's "speed" limiter without fear of physics getting in the way.
As I said...
Clearly someone traveling 20 - 50mph over the speed limit has no grasp on physics.
Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate Musk and would never own a Tesla. Jason admits that Musk is a man-child douchebag with racist tendencies, but has to concede that the engineers did some amazing things. I still hate Musk, and I would never buy a Cyberturd, but if you can ignore the design and its negative impact on usability, the engineers did some amazing things. I would never buy it, but I would love to test-drive it.
No doubt, the man-child whack job broke new ground with the steering by wire, 48-volt electronics, etc. But none of that is going to do anybody any good off-road. There will be no trailside tie rod replacements. That vehicle does not belong off-road whatsoever. I'm really not sure why it's even a topic on this forum.

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is such a cool ride.

I'd love to be wealthy enough to have both a Bronco and a Cybertruck. I'm not, so Ford fits my budget, but man, is that Cybertruck awesome.

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I once pulled up next to a Tesla at a stop light in my trans am. The cocky Tesla driver yelled “race you to the next stop light for a grand!”

I yelled back “I’ll race you to las Angeles for 100 grand!”

Good one.

The Tesla would smoke you in a drag race, and a Geo Metro would win that Los Angeles race. But a Trans Am always looks cool. Get 'em, Bandit!

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a car. A car that is interesting and cool, but wouldn’t be good at actual truck stuff much like how the Lightening isn’t good at truck stuff and is more of a round town and short road trip car that has truck dimensions.

Glad Tesla finally got this thing out of the door, but in the end, just another rich boi toi. 😒
I agree with trucks don't being great at doing truck stuff, but having traveled to many countries, I see that most Americans don't really use trucks to do truck stuff and manufacturers know this, that's why some trucks are now more luxurious than actual luxury cars.

I see the Bronco as a toy, especially the 2 door. Super impractical and expensive to operate for what most owners will use it for.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I once pulled up next to a Tesla at a stop light in my trans am. The cocky Tesla driver yelled “race you to the next stop light for a grand!”

I yelled back “I’ll race you to las Angeles for 100 grand!”
EVs have changed the traditional drag racer mind to hope for a cannonball run :ROFLMAO:

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks pretty. It'll stay that way too, because no one is going to trust it off-roading. Fording water? Repairing damage? Charging the battery? The range extender takes up half the bed space.

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see the Bronco as a toy, especially the 2 door. Super impractical and expensive to operate for what most owners will use it for.
Totally. My 2-door Badlands is a lot less practical than the GTI it replaced, but it looks great.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Kinda cool. My thoughts on the design is it looks like those motortrend concept things of cars of the future I'd see in the 80s/90s. This looks like those. Unfortunately, even though they were autos of the future then, the designs look like a car of the future designed in the 80s/90s instead of actually being a good present design.

I'm not totally knocking it, but outside of driving it for a month or two to get some attention, I'd be done with it after that.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Now that it's been officially unveiled, I can share pics. Here it is next to my BRaptor and a shot of it fitting in my garage! Disclaimer, I don't own it. I'm just a Tesla employee with access to them and get to take one home on the weekends.

Ford Bronco Cybertruck only $68,890! Image (16)

Ford Bronco Cybertruck only $68,890! Image (13)
Sponsored