First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
So last Saturday we all went to a local trail (Northern California) to grab some Christmas Trees (with proper permits).
We also wanted a chance to get some easy snow wheeling in. It was a great day, with the kid, dog, and was pretty uneventful other than recovering a stuck 3rd gen 4runner/which tested our patienceā€¦.

But onto the Cybertruck, OUR buddies who couldnā€™t make it Saturday went the following day and managed to recover a stuck Cybertruckā€¦.

to the CyberTrucks credit(?) we all know anyone can get stuck no matter the tires, lockers, etc. enjoy some pictures of the truck in its humility being pulled out by a fine Ford 1-ton.

*side note* I couldnā€™t take my wifeā€™s bronco, so thereā€™s no bronco pics here. The white gladiator (my friend Matt) has a Bronco as well (which is ironically his wifeā€™s too) Both are SAS base broncosā€¦.i plan to return with her rig as it was a pretty easy trailā€¦.

*update while typing this*
I guess the pictures/short video my buddy posted have gained a bit of attention and now thereā€™s a story along with it.

link attached:
https://www.businessinsider.com/vid...rd-after-stuck-off-roading-tesla-musk-2023-12

IMG_7711.jpeg

IMG_8797.png

IMG_8299.jpeg

IMG_8799.png
Sponsored

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went into Sequoia National Forest to get a Christmas Tree yesterday - permitted as well ;)

Took the '23 Bronco and my '75 F-250 crew cab. No snow in the southern Sierra and we didn't see another person/car the entire time we were on the mountain. Ended up with a tree that was right at the size limit on stump diameter (6" at ground level).

Ford Bronco Cybertruck recovery by Ford diesel PXL_20231212_050630443 (1)

OP
OP
BumbleBeeTuna

BumbleBeeTuna

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went into Sequoia National Forest to get a Christmas Tree yesterday - permitted as well ;)

Took the '23 Bronco and my '75 F-250 crew cab. No snow in the southern Sierra and we didn't see another person/car the entire time we were on the mountain. Ended up with a tree that was right at the size limit on stump diameter (6" at ground level).

PXL_20231212_050630443 (1).jpg

Where is said pictures of the 75!!!?:love:

Our tree was tiny, and itā€™s still outside because Iā€™m trying to source another tree stand from my mother in law

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where is said pictures of the 75!!!?:love:

Our tree was tiny, and itā€™s still outside because Iā€™m trying to source another tree stand from my mother in law
Here's the crew cab in the snow one year ago today.

Ford Bronco Cybertruck recovery by Ford diesel PXL_20221212_212345731

I didn't think the tree we cut down was too big, but after we cut it down we realized how wide and tall it was while loading it on the truck. It looked small in comparison to the other huge trees it was around, but it was still 10 feet tall after we took off the bottom 4 feet that had no branches, hence the same height as our basketball hoop.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
BumbleBeeTuna

BumbleBeeTuna

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
itā€™s funny how deceiving the tree height and roundness is until you really bring it into the truck.

I thought my tree was super tiny but when it came down to cutting it, it probably was closer to 6 feet. I guess in a forest like we were my aspect ratio was real wonky. Or Iā€™m just a horrible judge of size ā€¦..

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

my aspect ratio was real wonky. Or Iā€™m just a horrible judge of size
(my aspect ratio was real wonky. Or Iā€™m just a horrible judge of size ). Thatā€™s what she said! lol.

Sorry šŸ˜‚

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I chalk up some of the more egregious issues with the Cybertruck prototypes on the road so far to a combo of driver error and software problems. However, no recovery points at all is a significant design flaw that needs to be remedied ASAP. Software issues are the wildcard that worry me about going too remote in my Bronco without another less software reliant 4x4, like my old crew cab.

MsPickles

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is funny, because of how much they hyped it up. They need some amount of trolling. lol
But the sad truth is, all this software stuff will be getting more and more people in trouble. Silly software that decides that it doesn't want to work today, will get you stranded. :(
I miss the locking hubs and hard connected linkage to the transfer case with 2H, 4H, 4L, & N, where I get to decide what I want and when, not software. Even this Fall, I was at a point of a decline and then an incline on a trail to cross a paved road. It was loose stone on either side, so brakes wouldn't have been a good idea, mass of the vehicle will roll the rocks with too much break. So 4L in 1st, will gently let the Bronco roll over loose stone with with a constant and steady opposing force going down hill. I was stopped a the top, put it in neutral, and then my first thought, "Will it actually shift to 4L?". I shouldn't have to have that feeling/question in my mind whether that electric motor and gear set and sensor will properly mesh the transfer case gears to the locked state. If there was an option to swap the existing transfer case out for a manual one with relative ease, that'd be on my list 100%.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I chalk up some of the more egregious issues with the Cybertruck prototypes on the road so far to a combo of driver error and software problems. However, no recovery points at all is a significant design flaw that needs to be remedied ASAP. Software issues are the wildcard that worry me about going too remote in my Bronco without another less software reliant 4x4, like my old crew cab.
The early prototypes had no recovery hooks up front. They all do now. This truck should have been retrofitted with them before ever going off-road. I saw another comment somewhere else saying how it had software issues that prevented it from engaging the front locker. Again, another thing that should have been fixed before going offroad. Whoever this person was, he was not prepared.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco Cybertruck recovery by Ford diesel PXL_20221212_212345731
Hey Griswold, where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
:LOL: :LOL:

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is funny, because of how much they hyped it up. They need some amount of trolling. lol
But the sad truth is, all this software stuff will be getting more and more people in trouble. Silly software that decides that it doesn't want to work today, will get you stranded. :(
I miss the locking hubs and hard connected linkage to the transfer case with 2H, 4H, 4L, & N, where I get to decideā€¦ā€¦.
ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦. I was stopped a the top, put it in neutral, and then my first thought, "Will it actually shift to 4L?". I shouldn't have to have that feeling/question in my mind whether that electric motor and gear set and sensor will properly mesh the transfer case gears to the locked state. If there was an option to swap the existing transfer case out for a manual one with relative ease, that'd be on my list 100%.
I recently bought a manual transfer case from an F250 for my ā€˜02 Excursion for those very reasons. The electric shift TC was getting very unreliable. I had already converted to manual locking hubs years ago. The Broncos WILL have the same issues. As do other vehicles.
We sometimes go to a very remote beach which is 60 miles of sand with only one way out and no cell service. Reliable equipment is mandatory.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I miss the locking hubs and hard connected linkage to the transfer case with 2H, 4H, 4L, & N, where I get to decide what I want and when, not software. Even this Fall, I was at a point of a decline and then an incline on a trail to cross a paved road. It was loose stone on either side, so brakes wouldn't have been a good idea, mass of the vehicle will roll the rocks with too much break. So 4L in 1st, will gently let the Bronco roll over loose stone with with a constant and steady opposing force going down hill. I was stopped a the top, put it in neutral, and then my first thought, "Will it actually shift to 4L?". I shouldn't have to have that feeling/question in my mind whether that electric motor and gear set and sensor will properly mesh the transfer case gears to the locked state. If there was an option to swap the existing transfer case out for a manual one with relative ease, that'd be on my list 100%.
I, generally, hate when the government gets involved, but it'd be nice if the NHTSA were to say that vehicles need to have a "dead electronics" mode.

The functions that are directly related to driving a vehicle on the highway need to be completely separable from all of the screens, navigation, and nanny systems, etc. That is totally feasible and I mean to the point where you could have a physical connector one could disconnect and you wouldn't have any radio, navigation, etc., but the vehicle could be driven anywhere you need to go.

Total pipe dream would be to have twin sticks for the transfer case, of course, haha!
Sponsored