Dealer Demo VS Ordering Now for MY22

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I put a deposit down on a 2.7 4 door Big Bend Sasquatch fully loaded (as fully loaded as Big Bend can be…sound bar, winch, safe in the back, etc).

The dealer can release it at the end of January or sooner if Ford replaces the demo model.

Total including a 5k markup is 65k.

I started having second thoughts when I realized I might be able to get a badlands Sasquatch with Lux for a similar price it seems based on the build and price tool.

1) Am I correct with that assumption on price or is the build and price lowballing?

2) There’s a part of me that doesn’t want to deal with the ordering nonsense and kind of don’t want to wait another year for the vehicle. Do you think this vehicle would hold its value for resale?
I would wait and get what you want. I think the resale of the badlands will be the one that most people will want going forward.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So no, I would not buy a demo, I would not pay ADM, And I sure and the hell would not pay that much money for a BB.
This ^ No way in hell I would buy a demo, and no way in hell I would pay ADM on a demo. Also would not pay that much for a BB.

I would be to afraid of a demo being ridden hard and put away wet. I didn't beat on the demo that I test drove, but I think it only had a few hundred miles on it. Asked the salesmen if I could stuff my foot in it and he said sure why not. So not sure how many others beat the hell out of it.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My dealer has a demo and I drive it often. They just have us go around a loop in the neighborhood. It is like any used car. 75% of people don't break them in (my guess). You are on an enthusiast forum with people who really care for their vehicles. If you would normally pay for the upgrade the dealer has added and like this vehicle it might be a good fit. But for paying 65k you can also find other 45-50k builds that are new if you are willing to pay over MSRP.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You might want to hold off a few days to see how the new allocation scheme unfolds. Unless your dealer is one of the big ones getting all the allocations there is a really good chance you wouldn't be getting a MY22 or even a MY23.

OP
OP

FrankieTrey

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend - 4dr - Carbonized - 2.3 - Manual - Tow
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
good point.

You might want to hold off a few days to see how the new allocation scheme unfolds. Unless your dealer is one of the big ones getting all the allocations there is a really good chance you wouldn't be getting a MY22 or even a MY23.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I put a deposit down on a 2.7 4 door Big Bend Sasquatch fully loaded (as fully loaded as Big Bend can be…sound bar, winch, safe in the back, etc).

The dealer can release it at the end of January or sooner if Ford replaces the demo model.

Total including a 5k markup is 65k.

I started having second thoughts when I realized I might be able to get a badlands Sasquatch with Lux for a similar price it seems based on the build and price tool.

1) Am I correct with that assumption on price or is the build and price lowballing?

2) There’s a part of me that doesn’t want to deal with the ordering nonsense and kind of don’t want to wait another year for the vehicle. Do you think this vehicle would hold its value for resale?
January? Bro, get your deposit back and get the Badlands. If that's what you want, you will experience future regret. I got a base that I am adding takeoff Bilsteins and some 33's but made a second reservation with Granger and I guarantee that's going to a Badlands.
Sponsored