First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend - 4dr - Carbonized - 2.3 - Manual - Tow
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I put a deposit down on a 2.7 4 door Big Bend Sasquatch fully loaded (as fully loaded as Big Bend can be…sound bar, winch, safe in the back, etc).

The dealer can release it at the end of January or sooner if Ford replaces the demo model.

I started having second thoughts when I realized I might be able to get a badlands Sasquatch with Lux for a similar price it seems based on the build and price tool.

1) Am I correct with that assumption on price or is the build and price lowballing?

2) There’s a part of me that doesn’t want to deal with the ordering nonsense and kind of don’t want to wait another year for the vehicle. Do you think this vehicle would hold its value for resale?
Sponsored

Last edited:

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would not buy a demo unit. They are rode hard, not broken properly and a very early job 1 build, almost preproduction.

Last edited:

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

65K for a BB? Without the ADM that's 60k and impressive.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah you couldn't pay me to buy a dealer demo, unless it was one of those ones where the dealer only allowed people to look at it and not drive it.

I know I personally beat the crap out of the demo during my test run. There was that video of those two guys that were mud bogging in their demo.

So no, I would not buy a demo, I would not pay ADM, And I sure and the hell would not pay that much money for a BB.

Remember, everything you add as an accessory raises the cost of your purchase, which affects other things like DMV, taxes, etc.

Meaning you're better off buying a close to factory vehicle, and then purchasing accessories after the fact.

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My build sheet from the dealer matches the B&P. My order is a 4 Door Badlands, Lux, 2.7. MSRP $54,660 with D&D included. A 4 door BB with 2.7 and Mid package is $43k. That BB Bronco is an easy $15k gingerbread add-on and massive markup over MSRP. It's Your Money. In a year, you won't get $45k for it.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've gotta agree with everyone else. I know the vehicle will still have the warranty in effect, but every fix that may need to be done will keep you from enjoying that Bronco. Not knowing how the brakes, and the engine were broken in would drive me crazy. Good luck on your decision.

BTW, my loaded OBX came in at 51K, and some change. It's tough, but you'll have to be the judge on the price of that Big Bend. No matter the market now, you'll never be able to recoup that 5K ADM. I've seen many regular domestic vehicles sold with crazy a ADM, and after there are many on the road they become just another vehicle. I expect the Bronco to fall into that catagory.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've gotta agree with everyone else. I know the vehicle will still have the warranty in effect, but every fix that may need to be done will keep you from enjoying that Bronco. Not knowing how the brakes, and the engine were broken in would drive me crazy. Good luck on your decision.

BTW, my loaded OBX came in at 51K, and some change. It's tough, but you'll have to be the judge on the price of that Big Bend. No matter the market now, you'll never be able to recoup that 5K ADM. I've seen many regular domestic vehicles sold with crazy a ADM, and after there are many on the road they become just another vehicle. I expect the Bronco to fall into that catagory.
You need to bed in brakes on a new car? First time I've bought new and never crossed my mind. Probably too late by now with 1,000 miles.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You need to bed in brakes on a new car? First time I've bought new and never crossed my mind. Probably too late by now with 1,000 miles.
It not a scientific procedure brother. The OM just says, if possible, no slamming on the brakes for like the first 200- 300 miles. I can't remember the exact wording, or miles. I'mma get old don'tcha know. :)

OP
OP

FrankieTrey

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend - 4dr - Carbonized - 2.3 - Manual - Tow
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Appreciate you sharing the details here. At the end of the day, I know I want the badlands lux package and I’m just being impatient. Thinking 5 years ahead, I’d prob look back and regret this.

My build sheet from the dealer matches the B&P. My order is a 4 Door Badlands, Lux, 2.7. MSRP $54,660 with D&D included. A 4 door BB with 2.7 and Mid package is $43k. That BB Bronco is an easy $15k gingerbread add-on and massive markup over MSRP. It's Your Money. In a year, you won't get $45k for it.

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think I'd buy a demo either!! I rally crossed through speed bumps and driveway ledges while my wife decided to slalom it between light pulls. That being said....I have received my Bronco and love it!! Made it to about 700 miles on the break-in then took like a 1300 mile road trip.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally, I would not pay $65k if I wasn’t getting at least the High Package/12” screen. I’ll be paying mid $50s for a Lux Badlands.

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don't do it. 65k for a big bend is ridiculous. In a year or 2 won't be worth anywhere near and you will be underwater the entire loan. The accessories they added don't make it 60k. Order what you want it. You will be glad you waited and did.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But wait a minute, if you buy the demo you'll miss out on a 2022 hammock . . . go to the order banks!

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree that $65k is too much for a BB. There are recent allocation rumors for ‘22 and already epic delays, so I guess nobody knows when you’ll get your order, or how resale value will go for Broncos. I still doubt it would keep that value though. Whether or not it gets beat up as a demo kinda depends on what the dealer allows. 15 minute test drives vs. taking it home for the day could make a big difference. If you really like it and don’t want to wait, it may be worth it. A bird in the hand, you only live once, you know, that kinda stuff. Just my thoughts. Do what makes you happy and don’t look back.
Sponsored