Sponsored

Dealer Installed hitch what does dealer install?

Squirrel13

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Patiently waiting on my 24 4dr Wildtrak SAS, lux, MIC. Only option is the dealer installed hitch. I’ve watched a few videos of people installing the ford kit. In those videos on a 23 they had to run a harness front to back., add pins to existing harness plugs in drivers fender. Then add tow module in rear drivers side panel. Then mounting the hitch and wires at bumper.
Is the dealer doing all of this on 2024 models for the $500 charge?
I’m buying from a far away dealer, will the hitch and associated wiring still be warrantied at any dealer?
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You pretty much have it right. I think the harness is already run now since the later half of 2023, so all the work is in the rear end now. Just install the module and run the wiring down to the hitch.

It should be warrantied at any dealer.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you have a 21 to 23 you're running wires.

If you have a 2024, it's all already done. You just have to connect the module by taking apart the cargo panels - not a big deal.
Then drop bumper, take off temp holder that's bolted on, replace with tow hitch and plug in the harness.
Then have dealer tell the computer.

I just did this last Sunday, no big deal, and the dealer charged me 21 bucks to activate. I did bring the instructions and showed them it was only 3 steps in the computer.

Bottom line, 2024s are prepared for an almost plug and play install.

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you have a 21 to 23 you're running wires.

If you have a 2024, it's all already done. You just have to connect the module by taking apart the cargo panels - not a big deal.
Then drop bumper, take off temp holder that's bolted on, replace with tow hitch and plug in the harness.
Then have dealer tell the computer.

I just did this last Sunday, no big deal, and the dealer charged me 21 bucks to activate. I did bring the instructions and showed them it was only 3 steps in the computer.

Bottom line, 2024s are prepared for an almost plug and play install.
Would you please post instructions?

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here's the instructions in a PDF attachment:

Attachments

Sponsored

Footer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the harness is already run now since the later half of 2023, so all the work is in the rear end now. Just install the module and run the wiring down to the hitch.
I have a 23MY, build date in August 2023. Any chance I have the wires pre-run or is it only for 24MY? Any way to confirm without pulling the panel ?

Thanks

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 23MY, build date in August 2023. Any chance I have the wires pre-run or is it only for 24MY? Any way to confirm without pulling the panel ?

Thanks
I doubt there would be the wire harness under the rear bumper- so check there. This is just a guess, but I'm thinking if Ford didn't prewire, they didn't do any of it.

It will be in a black metal bracket bolted up where the hitch would go.

Footer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt there would be the wire harness under the rear bumper- so check there. This is just a guess, but I'm thinking if Ford didn't prewire, they didn't do any of it.

It will be in a black metal bracket bolted up where the hitch would go.
Thanks, I'll take a look when I get a chance.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks
The new module/kit went on sale Sept 2023. So an August build date - maybe?

But I don't know of any way to check short of pulling the cargo panel - the harnesses run back to there, and unless you got the full kit installed, I don't think there would be anything on the exterior or bumper of the truck (the module is what goes down back to the hitch). There is probably something up under the dashboard that would be a giveaway and easier to check, like where the brake controller hooks up - but I don't know what it is off hand - sorry.

Footer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The new module/kit went on sale Sept 2023. So an August build date - maybe?

But I don't know of any way to check short of pulling the cargo panel - the harnesses run back to there, and unless you got the full kit installed, I don't think there would be anything on the exterior or bumper of the truck (the module is what goes down back to the hitch). There is probably something up under the dashboard that would be a giveaway and easier to check, like where the brake controller hooks up - but I don't know what it is off hand - sorry.
Thanks Brian. Figured I would have to pull the rear panel to be 100% sure.
I need to get the hitch installed, would be easier if the wires were already run.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would think this part , that I circled, wouldn't be there on models that are not prewired:

Ford Bronco Dealer Installed hitch what does dealer install? 1000006795
Sponsored