Sponsored

Dealer Installed Options...do they really install them?

OP
OP
CapeCodCash

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven’t scheduled any service appointment yet. I’m still debating if I want to do the PITA install and know it’s done right (and if it’s wrong it’s on me) - OR - have some now bitter Service Advisor / Tech install it half ass and I have leaks and rattles to deal with…..Hmmm…..jury is still out. And the cold beer afterwards sounds good too! But for all those who are sure they don’t want the hassle and have a good service dept, for sure use the DIO bulletin and your window sticker.
Sponsored

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Personally, I would tell them I would do it myself and save them the labor if they promised to address any drama leaks and rattles that pop up. You're going to have to take it off in the fall for the hardtop. I would want to know how it went on. My 2¢ but I'm admittedly a diy type guy.

OP
OP
CapeCodCash

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally, I would tell them I would do it myself and save them the labor if they promised to address any drama leaks and rattles that pop up. You're going to have to take it off in the fall for the hardtop. I would want to know how it went on. My 2¢ but I'm admittedly a diy type guy.
I’m totally tool capable. And wouldn’t mind the challenge. I’m tempted to tell the dealership F U after the whole $1,000 BS if I didn’t have to keep them on my good side since there’s not a lot of Ford service places around me. And plus it’s finding 5 solid leave me alone uninterrupted don’t bother me hours ..

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m totally tool capable. And wouldn’t mind the challenge. I’m tempted to tell the dealership F U after the whole $1,000 BS if I didn’t have to keep them on my good side since there’s not a lot of Ford service places around me. And plus it’s finding 5 solid leave me alone uninterrupted don’t bother me hours ..

God the older I get them more I love those uninterrupted don't bother me hours! Have a great day dude! Post some pics when you attempt it

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only problem I could see with doing it yourself is, what if there is some kind of issue with the soft top leaking or creaking or not latching properly? From the sounds of it, your dealership would definitely take the opportunity to deny a warranty claim, since they didn't install it themselves… 🤔

Sponsored
OP
OP
CapeCodCash

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only problem I could see with doing it yourself is, what if there is some kind of issue with the soft top leaking or creaking or not latching properly? From the sounds of it, your dealership would definitely take the opportunity to deny a warranty claim, since they didn't install it themselves… 🤔
So after much consideration I opted to drop the top and my Bronco off at the dealership. I went with the mindset that if something goes wrong THEY installed it. Not me. It’s also going in for its first oil change and tire rotation. I asked .. are you rotating 4 or 5 tires? Response: Oh, we only rotate 4 tires. I wasn’t gonna argue - we all have to pick our battles. Hope to have the Bronco back tomorrow with the soft top perfectly installed. 😝🤣 🤞🤞

OP
OP
CapeCodCash

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE -- So yes the dealer installed the soft top (their cost). It came out pretty good. It's a nice top. Except for a leak on the passenger side. Look at the wonky weatherstripping on the passenger side compared to the drivers side. Since I haven't opened the top until I took this picture, I'm thinking the stripping was not seated properly at install, and got smooshed when the top was clicked in place. Could I fix it myself? Probably. But right now I feel too fancy for that. I'm heading back to the dealership this afternoon....🤞

passenger.jpg

drivers.jpg
Sponsored