Sponsored

Dealer Installed Options...do they really install them?

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my window sticker has the soft top showing under Dealer Installed Options. My Bronco was delivered in February with the hard top. The soft top was shoved in the back boxed up. Now it's July. And I'm ready to put on the soft top. What are your thoughts on me asking my dealership to install my soft top? Since it's listed under Dealer Installed Options, didn't I pay for install too?

Ford Bronco Dealer Installed Options...do they really install them? dio
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes. DIOs have installation labor included. So I see no reason why they shouldn’t.

OP
OP
CapeCodCash

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the response. I've read some stories about it taking 4 hours to put the soft tops together and what a P.I.T.A. it is. But I also don't want to be the first soft top the dealership has installed, either. And realize afterwards I could have done a better job after all. The option includes install, but like everyone else, I just want it done right. Left a message with my dealership to see what they say...

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Most do I would imagine, some won't. If it's on there and it's not installed at the factory then the dealer installed. If it's not on there and it is a line item then the dealer did not install it and they are just making free money. The later being often with "rust protection" services.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had to do the same thing with mine - took delivery and it had the Bestop Bimini top as a DIO... first they said it was shipped seperately, then they lost it...then they said it had been returned, then they "found" it in another office. Finally got it installed by them a couple of weeks later.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CapeCodCash

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealership just called me back and said it's an extremely difficult top to put on and it's going to take hours to install and would cost me about $1,000!!! I pushed back of course, and sent an image of my window sticker to the Service Manager. Stay tuned......

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The dealership just called me back and said it's an extremely difficult top to put on and it's going to take hours to install and would cost me about $1,000!!! I pushed back of course, and sent an image of my window sticker to the Service Manager. Stay tuned......

The dealership gets reimbursed by Ford for installing dealer installed options. You shouldn’t need to pay a dime.

Here’s an old post, but gives a lot of information about dealer installed options.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-purchase-price-and-installed-by-dealer.5847/

OP
OP
CapeCodCash

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for that post. I went through it, pulled out the dealer DIO bulletin, and sent it to my dealership. I also wrote to Ford about the dealerships response.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll bet they tripped over themselves installing that offensive front plate mount (something almost everyone begs them NOT to do), but balk at anything that actually requires some time.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll bet they tripped over themselves installing that offensive front plate mount (something almost everyone begs them NOT to do), but balk at anything that actually requires some time.
Maybe that's WHY they install the front plate (so they don't trip on them)? "Who left this thing lying around!?! Merv, get this on a new Bronco STAT!!" :whistle:

Sponsored

dvnorton

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer refused to install the soft top (said he wasn't interested in "dealing with accessories"). If I'd realized I paid for install, the conversation would have gone differently.
BestOps offers a $500 install, which should at least get you someone that's done it before. But I opted to do it myself and, yes, it took 4-5 hours. Use the install video on YouTube plus the manual side-by-side for best results.

OP
OP
CapeCodCash

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an UPDATE! Well lo and behold, after I sent the Ford DIO Bulletin and my window sticker to my Service Advisor, he called back, and that f bogus $1,000 install cost magically disappeared!! Well whaddyaknow. How about that 😝 I love this forum. Thanks folks👍👍

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an UPDATE! Well lo and behold, after I sent the Ford DIO Bulletin and my window sticker to my Service Advisor, he called back, and that f bogus $1,000 install cost magically disappeared!! Well whaddyaknow. How about that 😝 I love this forum. Thanks folks👍👍
😄 🍻

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can’t wait to hear how you should have done it yourself…
Sponsored