Sponsored

Dealer is ignoring me when I said to cancel order?

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer has given me a hard time from the start and with all the issues with the hard tops I’ve decided to cancel my order and wait a few years. My reservation was converted to a 2022 order so I can’t cancel online. Dealer is ignoring my calls and emails because I’m assuming they want to keep the order for themselves. Called the corporate customer service line and they are saying my dealer needs to cancel the order and they can’t help me… Anyone have any advice on what to do?
Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dealer has given me a hard time from the start and with all the issues with the hard tops I’ve decided to cancel my order and wait a few years. My reservation was converted to a 2022 order so I can’t cancel online. Dealer is ignoring my calls and emails because I’m assuming they want to keep the order for themselves. Called the corporate customer service line and they are saying my dealer needs to cancel the order and they can’t help me… Anyone have any advice on what to do?
the worst that's going to happen is your bronco is going to be delivered and the dealer will sell it to someone else. Its not yours until you accept delivery, so there's really no need to cancel your order unless you really want your $100 back right now instead of later (assuming thats all you've forked over so far).

In a perfect world, you'd keep your order, accept delivery when it comes in, and then flip it right after if you don't want it

OP
OP
First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
the worst that's going to happen is your bronco is going to be delivered and the dealer will sell it to someone else. Its not yours until you accept delivery, so there's really no need to cancel your order unless you really want your $100 back right now instead of later (assuming thats all you've forked over so far).

In a perfect world, you'd keep your order, accept delivery when it comes in, and then flip it right after if you don't want it
Yeah I do want my $100 back sooner than later. I have a late reservation so it would probably be a year before delivery. The people at the dealership are shady and I’m not going to let them profit off my order.

OP
OP
First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update if anyone is in a similar situation: I spoke to a very kind customer service representative who called my dealership on my behalf. Hopefully that does the trick!

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update if anyone is in a similar situation: I spoke to a very kind customer service representative who called my dealership on my behalf. Hopefully that does the trick!
I have the same issue with a dealer in Maryland. I tried to cancel the reservation multiple times and they continue to ignore me. Last week my reservation was converted to a model year '22 and they changed the color and specs. It's a late reservation for a Wildtrak so it might be mid '22 by the time it comes in. I am going to let it play out and see what happens. I have pricing locked in from them (assuming they honor it) and I could always purchase it and flip it for a profit ('22 Wiltrak, Green, Mid Package).

Sponsored

Efudd

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers need to slither and eat. If they can sell your cancelled order and make ADM, then there might be less pressure for them to charge ADM on someone else's custom order.

Deleted member 19285

Yeah I do want my $100 back sooner than later. I have a late reservation so it would probably be a year before delivery. The people at the dealership are shady and I’m not going to let them profit off my order.
I have a day 3 reservation and it will probably be a year before I get a Bronco.

I had to call my dealer 3 times — in a row— to get my $100 back. And I still get updates on the order, so I know the dealer actually kept it open.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer graciously accepts your diligence providing them with a reserved order of which they will sell at an outrageous ADM on your behalf. Thems the breaks. And there ain't nuthin' you or Ford can do about it, real slime ball shit and we just have to lay down and take it. [/Goodfellas]

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

When I converted my order, my dealer was transparent. He stated if I cancel, he wasn't going to cancel my order and he would sell it to someone else. Honestly I would do the same thing if I was him.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Even if the dealer will not cancel the order, they can still give you a refund of the $100.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I converted my order, my dealer was transparent. He stated if I cancel, he wasn't going to cancel my order and he would sell it to someone else. Honestly I would do the same thing if I was him.
You would use another persons identity to keep their reservation order to cheat your way further up in line and have no problem with your dealer of choice doing it to bypass actual reservation holders. Got it.

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You would use another persons identity to keep their reservation order to cheat your way further up in line and have no problem with your dealer of choice doing it to bypass actual reservation holders. Got it.
I actually plan on keeping my reservation like most people. Dealerships aren't making much money off our bronco's (good dealerships). I don't get as emotional as you about this, more of a transaction. I am willing to wait for something that I want and understand those who can't. Simple as that.

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
Some dealer might not be profiting much from our orders, but does that delivered bronco come out of their allocations?

It would be easier for them just to give you $100 out of pocket

OP
OP
First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer backed out of written deal twice, refused to give me a purchase agreement, and have just been difficult to do business with. They actually told me “we hope people decide not to purchase the cars when they arrive”. So they can bite me as far as I’m concerned lol.

I think some of you are giving dealerships too much credit. Customer service line called the dealership for me and they are canceling the order.