First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I figure I'm saving about 3K with Stephens with the 1K below invoice and the Doc fees than I would of in Columbia SC. Sales tax on vehicles in South Carolina are capped at $500. Four years ago it was still at $300.
To each his own. SC sales tax is what kept me in SC at invoice. You only saved a about a Grand over meā€¦
Sponsored

Reaper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you willing to go to court over it? If so then MAYBE that paper means something. They are car salesman after all šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sure a dealer might've taken your order and advertised insane prices to get a bunch of bronco orders in. But if every dealer is getting less than 100 the first year, and most dealers have hundreds of orders on top of that. Where do you think you fall in line at the dealership taken thousands of orders at insane prices? It will take years and years to fulfill. You do all this work for nothing because by the time it comes in you won't even want it
It's way too late to be spreading FUD about the likes of Granger and Stephens. We know that all dealers received allocations ranging between 25% and 35% of their converted orders. i.e. dealers with more orders got more allocation. Stephens and Granger got over 200 allocations each. We also know that Ford plans to build all customer orders before the end of 2022 (barring more unforeseen circumstances and of course not including those who choose to 99 their orders for mod tops).

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure a dealer might've taken your order and advertised insane prices to get a bunch of bronco orders in. But if every dealer is getting less than 100 the first year, and most dealers have hundreds of orders on top of that. Where do you think you fall in line at the dealership taken thousands of orders at insane prices? It will take years and years to fulfill. You do all this work for nothing because by the time it comes in you won't even want it
Stephens increased their allocations by 48 units by offering 1K under invoice. They are also in West Virginia and also sell Dodge and Jeep. Different dealers across the land have different ideas on what is an acceptable profit to keep the doors open and pay their employees. What works for a Southeastern dealer won't work for a West Coast or Northeast one.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There might be a few that try to weasel out of an agreed price, especially now with the extra delays. In the end, no good dealership would do that or knowingly let one of their salespeople do that. First of all, if itā€™s a bona fide offer in writing, theyā€™re breaking the law in many places to alter the deal. Otherwise, most dealerships will honor It because word of mouth travels fast and far when they donā€™t.
I think this is pretty spot on. If you're buying local from a reputable dealer, I think you're fine. However, if you're far away at a dealer that just opened or looking to close up and retire, they might try something iffy.

Look at it from their point of view. A few extra bucks and years of bad reviews or just take the easy cash for a vehicle they had to do no work to sell.

That said, I'm sure there will be a few assholes out there but I think they will be pretty rare.

Sponsored

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've got a copy of the Grangtober-$2,000-Below-Invoice offer signed and executed by their GM.

Now I just need to wait until September ... maybe ... to place an order for a MY2022.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To each his own. SC sales tax is what kept me in SC at invoice. You only saved a about a Grand over meā€¦
Did you find a dealer in SC that will sell at invoice? Would love to find one.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I happened to be passing a ford dealership today and figured I'd stop in and see if they had a mannequin show up. Turns out, one had been delivered 30 minutes prior! And damn near my exact build. They let me get in and look around, but no test drives yet as they hadn't even gassed it up yet. Yes, it was awesome.

In full disclosure, I told the dealer that I had ordered through another dealer in the area. He asked why I didn't order through them. I told him I tried, but the sales guy wouldn't budge from MSRP and I found a dealer that would give invoice pricing. His reply? "No way, no dealer in his right mind would sell for less than MSRP". I informed him I have it in writing and signed. His reply "you'll never see that truck". Ok...

I have had a great relationship with my dealer throughout this entire process. However, do you think this crap could/will actually happen? Where dealers agree on price only to renege on the deal?
I think he is partially right. No dealer needed to budge from MSRP to sell the Bronco. Hindsight being 20/20, I suspect most would change their mind.

There are ###,### orders, for ##,### slots. These vehicles sell themselves without any special pricing. The dealers who opted for MSRP are doing just fine.

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You have a signed contract by both parties, and money changed hands, then you are fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lots of experts. Guess you'll have to wait and see what extra accessories they want to slap on and the list of extra fees. It'll all be pretty much the same for everyone at the end of the day. Even if those dealers get a few extra deliveries that are nothing compared to the reservations/orders made already. For a bunch of die-hards that must have this thing, kinda think it's funny haggling over 1-2k.
hmm, I've witnessed people pay significantly different prices for vehicles. It doesn't really equal out in the end. Mostly due to material desire for the item, maybe lack of research or negotiating skills, etc.

Yeah some sales guys try for extras. Sales guy tried to slip $400 "window etching" charge at the end of my negotiation for a car. I said no thanks - and he dropped it. Maybe some other sort of buyer takes that hit? Anyway, my relationship with money - 2k matters.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think he is partially right. No dealer needed to budge from MSRP to sell the Bronco. Hindsight being 20/20, I suspect most would change their mind.

There are ###,### orders, for ##,### slots. These vehicles sell themselves without any special pricing. The dealers who opted for MSRP are doing just fine.
Well dealers that offered deals were able to get WAY more Broncos than if they hadnā€™tā€¦.they will have more cancellations as a total number and will be able to sell more at inflated prices as a result. They will make out far better than the small dealers who decided to sell their handful for MSRP and do nothing to generate more orders. Yes they will all be sold, but a dealer can get more than their fair share if they were smart about it and competed.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of experts. Guess you'll have to wait and see what extra accessories they want to slap on and the list of extra fees. It'll all be pretty much the same for everyone at the end of the day. Even if those dealers get a few extra deliveries that are nothing compared to the reservations/orders made already. For a bunch of die-hards that must have this thing, kinda think it's funny haggling over 1-2k.
Ford Bronco Dealer laughed in my face 1625524591885

Doesnā€™t this guy know allocations are a ratio of orders and his fear mongering about Stephens and Granger is not only mathematically false itā€™s also proven to be incorrect in general now that weā€™ve got the numbers on how it played out?

Woof.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well dealers that offered deals were able to get WAY more Broncos than if they hadnā€™tā€¦.they will have more cancellations as a total number and will be able to sell more at inflated prices as a result. They will make out far better than the small dealers who decided to sell their handful for MSRP and do nothing to generate more orders. Yes they will all be sold, but a dealer can get more than their fair share of they were smart about it and competed.
I think the ones that promoted and used social media/forums to share their deals...yes. The vast majority of dealers did not do this.

To be honest, most buyers of a newly ordered car are not going to fly to Iowa to save a grand or two.

I think the significance is overstated on this forum.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the ones that promoted and used social media/forums to share their deals...yes. The vast majority of dealers did not do this.

To be honest, most buyers of a newly ordered car are not going to fly to Iowa to save a grand or two.

Theyā€™re saving about $3-4k and there is more than just the Iowa deal out there. I would feel like an idiot paying MSRP when there are better deals to be had with a little effortā€¦.but I enjoy the process of getting a good deal. The dealers like the one quoted try to create de-facto fixed pricing through implicit conspiracyā€¦and they tell buyers no one is offering less than that to promote the price fixing. I wouldnā€™t settle for that.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Correct, I plan on driving 4 hours to save 2k below invoice, not flying, well, in the air that is.
Sponsored

Last edited: