First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Bronco, 1990 Bronco 2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am certain this has been covered but my searches came back with A LOT of varying topics and threads. August of 2021 I placed a reservation through Ford.com and went to my dealer September 2021 for my order. MY22 Ordering begins and I go back to my dealer 16 Oct 22 to place my order. Come to find out just recently that the dealer never converted the reservation to an order. They simply placed it as a "walk-in" order. Now ford has canceled all reservations that weren't placed as orders and I feel like I am left in limbo. Can my reservation not be converted and should I get my $100 back from Ford? Thanks in advance
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now ford has canceled all reservations that weren't placed as orders and I feel like I am left in limbo. Can my reservation not be converted and should I get my $100 back from Ford?
That is not correct. Ford did not cancel reservations. You will still be able to convert that res to an order when the order banks open up. Or, you could call up the Bronco hotline and cancel that res yourself to get your hundo back. Source, "my dealer said" as well as Ford Bronco hotline and also still have an unconverted res in my back pocket that is showing active on MY Ford Account.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The $100 you paid to ford.com for your reservation went to the dealer you selected when you made the reservation. You'd have to get it from them not Ford.

I agree with BlueBronco that given what you describe, you should still have a reservation. Can you still see the reservation on your ford.com account?

OP
OP
fordtrck302

fordtrck302

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Bronco, 1990 Bronco 2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how do I go about converting this reservation to an order? My dealer told me they cannot attach my current order to my previous reservation. Is this true? In the end will it really make a difference is they are connected? I have read many posts about people who had to res just ordering and ending up getting their bronco far before those with a res.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In a correct world, if you placed an order with your reservation, it should be built first. But, we are in Ford's misguided world now and who knows, your walk in would probably be built first. With order banks closed, not much chance to find out.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how do I go about converting this reservation to an order?
When the MY23 order banks open up. And before you ask when that is, nobody knows. However, it was recently posted that MY22 would balance out in November so one would assume that MY23 ordering would open up a minimum of 2 months prior. So "by September."

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have reservation it should still be good, you just won't be able to convert to an order until the 2023 order banks open up...supposedly September/October-ish

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've never heard of any way a reservation could be connected to an order already placed. And yeah, the order banks for MY22 are closed now. Your only choices are to take what the dealer ordered, or use your reservation and re-order whenever the banks open back up.
Sponsored