Sponsored

Dealer not allowing test drives

motofiend

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Pathfinder, 05 Triumph Thruxton, 2006 Ducati Paul Smart and 2007 Ducati 1000s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I test drove one the other day at the Ford Dealer near me. Ford Stone Mountain, GA. It came with a cracked windshield and cracked top plastic pieces damaged on the truck when delivered. It didn't affect the way it drove. (4dr - 2.3l auto) don't remember the model. He had all of the doors off and the roof. I will still have to drive another before I decide to buy one.
Sponsored

cdawg65

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 bronco2,2019 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I were a dealer, I wouldn't allow test drives either. I'd put it on the showroom floor and keep it there for the duration of the mannequin timeframe rules.
That's what my local dealer is doing.I asked if there would be test drives and they said it was showroom only :(

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gcardieri

Gcardieri

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa fe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where would you go to test drive one if there were no dealers?
Tesla has brick and mortar stores throughout the United States where you can go in and see the vehicles, get information and test drive their vehicles. There’s no BS with each dealer making their own rules, policies, mark-ups, VIP priority orders, etc.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealer I placed my order with got their demo last week and informed me they aren’t allowing test drives because a few others dealers had their demo Broncos wrecked. And over the weekends they’re planning to display their demo at the local mall. Another local dealer I spoke to informed me they are only allowing test drives if you’ve placed the order with them. Tough luck I guess. Any suggestions?
That is ridiculous, you drop $50k on a vehicle site unseen and then they won't let you test drive their demo? F that, contact FORD, bitch & moan, the old squeaky wheel thing!

I'm cranky because I just took my wife by our local FORD dealer to see if the demo Broncos were on the lot and WHAT! they must have had 6 Broncos on the lot including the 2 demos. Now my dealer has been great with the test drives. I even got to drive through my neighborhood and into my driveway to show the kids. They got me in both SAS and non-SAS CO, 2.3, MT - both 4DRs. But when I saw that 2DR, Cyber Orange with the MIC top sitting there I got a little like, WTF MAN! I have a 1st day reservation and dropped a $2k deposit and I have no idea when my 2DR, MT Bronco will be scheduled. Emotional and petty, I know but it's so frustrating.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Castle Rock Ford in Castle Rock Colorado (south of Denver 20 miles) has a Wildtrak that they're allowing 30 minute test drives. I have to say the Wildtrak drives and handles really well.
Ford Bronco Dealer not allowing test drives 20210802_175420

Last edited:

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tesla has brick and mortar stores throughout the United States where you can go in and see the vehicles, get information and test drive their vehicles. There’s no BS with each dealer making their own rules, policies, mark-ups, VIP priority orders, etc.
That's why TESLA is a more valuable Car brand than FORD. I have a day1 reservation for a TriMotor Cyber truck that I probably won't see until 2023 but I'm not frustrated at all. FORD creates this expectation of a Spring/Summer 2021 delivery, takes your deposit but gives you no clue when your Bronco (very pedestrian technology) may even be built. Maybe why 8/10 most valuable car brands are not US companies. It's sad.

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Castle Rock Ford in Castle Rock Colorado (south of Denver 20 miles) has a Wildtrak that they're allowing 30 minute test drives. I have to say the Wildtrak drives and handles really well.
Ford Bronco Dealer not allowing test drives 20210802_175420
Oh shit thank you! I live in Centennial and did not know this. Gonna try this weekend.

Sponsored

HOOTERVILLE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F150, 15 MALIBU, 07 STREETGLIDE, 22 Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't buy a Tesla in Louisiana unless I do it on line. And the only service center is 5 hrs away.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I were a dealer, I wouldn't allow test drives either. I'd put it on the showroom floor and keep it there for the duration of the mannequin timeframe rules.
It's not just a timeframe rule, that is a minimum mileage requirement too.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I want to know more about these so called "wrecked" Broncos. Who damaged a Bronco during a test drive?? Sounds like total BS. Also, you have to have insurance to test drive a new car. It's covered.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want to know more about these so called "wrecked" Broncos. Who damaged a Bronco during a test drive?? Sounds like total BS. Also, you have to have insurance to test drive a new car. It's covered.
Sniff around, you will note the odor of bullshit. From my time here, I've noted that most dealers have zero integrity. For those of us who are dealing with good dealers, we are blessed...
Sponsored